T.O.W.R.

Is it better to be loud and wrong or quiet and right.

Wrong and Loud or Right and Quiet?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Wrong and Loud or Right and Quiet

• Wrong and Loud
    • Right and Quiet
    • Right and Loud because I'm always perfect.

What I mean is, would you rather voice your opinion and be wrong, or keep to yourself and be right?

Proverbs 17:28 ESV / 140 helpful votes

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 11:12 ESV / 121 helpful votes

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Just my thoughts :P

Right and quiet. Like Comedy said, it's better to not influence other people negatively. In some situations of lesser importance though, you may as well voice your opinion so that perhaps others can weigh in and maybe even help change your mind. All depends on circumstances.

Alright, now let me word it a bit differently.

The evil Umbrella Corporation has locked you, your parents, your closest friend, and neighbor in a zombie virus testing facility. Your neighbor decides to take charge and you think its a good idea to just let him lead so to not cause any unnecessary arguments. Later you come to a crossroads. The adults in your group thinks that going left, even though there are more zombies down that way, is the safest choice because they know the exit is right there. But you and your best friend know that you can avoid the zombies and still get to the exit by going right but it will take a bit longer and also you have to climb through a gross smelling air vent.

Do you shut up and agree with your parents and risk the zombie horde or do you fight for what you think is right and the safest way even though the adults keep telling you that you are dead wrong?

Alright, now let me word it a bit differently.

The evil Umbrella Corporation has locked you, your parents, your closest friend, and neighbor in a zombie virus testing facility. Your neighbor decides to take charge and you think its a good idea to just let him lead so to not cause any unnecessary arguments. Later you come to a crossroads. The adults in your group thinks that going left, even though there are more zombies down that way, is the safest choice because they know the exit is right there. But you and your best friend know that you can avoid the zombies and still get to the exit by going right but it will take a bit longer and also you have to climb through a gross smelling air vent.

Do you shut up and agree with your parents and risk the zombie horde or do you fight for what you think is right and the safest way even though the adults keep telling you that you are dead wrong?

Sounds like you're speaking from personal experience or something. Quite the dangerous lifestyle you got there, man.

I think it's safe to say that my parents know little to nothing about zombies so I would most likely go my own way. The zombie apocalypse is serious business, you know.

Proverbs 17:28 ESV / 140 helpful votes

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 11:12 ESV / 121 helpful votes

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Just my thoughts :P

I always love how my grandpa paraphrased that one verse: It is better to keep your mouth shut and be assumed a fool, than to open it and prove them right.

There's a time and a place for everything. While I would agree that being right while keeping to yourself is the best course of action 90% of the time, there are moments when it's best to stick up and voice your opinion, even if you are wrong.

There's a time and a place for everything. While I would agree that being right while keeping to yourself is the best course of action 90% of the time, there are moments when it's best to stick up and voice your opinion, even if you are wrong.

I was waiting for this answer.

T.O.W.R. knows the right answer before asking the question guys! 

Quiet and un-wrong or loud and wrong? It can't be quiet and right because silence/nothing is neither right nor wrong.

Better to be right and effective.

I voice my opinion because in most cases the opposing party has no idea what they're talking about.

You must be my spirit animal:)

How can an opinion be wrong?

I voice my opinion because in most cases the opposing party has no idea what they're talking about. 

This is rather self-contradictory. 

An opinion can't be wrong (stated by rhetorical question)(also implies it can't be right)

The opposing party ['s opinion] is wrong

Therefore I voice my opinion to correct wrong notions.

How does your opinion, which apparently has no truth-value, help anything when the other person is wrong?

It depends on the situation.

Usually? Loud and wrong, so long as people can't tell that you're wrong, because that kind of attitude tends to accumulate power over time. Power is a good thing to have. I'd rather be responsible for my own errors than beholden to the whims of someone louder and more political than me--who may himself be wrong.

Edited by Yves

I see the different opinions, but sometimes you have to be loud and wrong, so that someone can tell you you're wrong. You might not get to hear the "correct" opinion otherwise.

Completely depends on the circumstance though, for me. :P

It's a lot better to know what's right and not influence anyone than know what's wrong (but think you're right) and influence people.

Was gonna say something like this but am gonna be lazy and just quote dis guy. 

Devil's advocate - If you're right and quiet, you make no difference except for within yourself. If you're loud and wrong you risk swaying people in the wrong direction, but another possibility is that because of your loud, wrongness, there may be rational people who are influenced in the right direction because they see how wrong you are.

...or something? :P

I prefer to be quiet and watch the idiot yell while I laugh at them in my head.

I like this response.