I don't know if this is where I should post this,but oh well..

Do you think demons can literally visit you? You know, like from Satan and stuff? There's been some crazy things going on and I'm kinda paranoid about that happening now.. 

I do believe that they can visit, but not in the way the media portrays (such as paranormal activity or any ghost haunting show for that matter). The scripture tells us that demons and the devil are masters of deceiving. The main purpose for demons isn't to appear and go "boo!" They deceive in ways that you may not even know or realize. They could be deceiving you right now if you're not firmly rooted in the scripture and prayer.

Some scriptures relating to the topic:

2 Corinthians 11:14–15 (ESV)

14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (ESV)

4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

1 Timothy 4:1 ESV / 26 helpful votes

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Ephesians 6:11 ESV / 33 helpful votes

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

But with all of that, we have encouragement to know that God is on the side of the believer, which God (who is in us) is greater than Satan (who is in the world).

1 John 4:4 (ESV)

4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

I do believe that they can visit, but not in the way the media portrays (such as paranormal activity or any ghost haunting show for that matter). The scripture tells us that demons and the devil are masters of deceiving. The main purpose for demons isn't to appear and go "boo!" They deceive in ways that you may not even know or realize. They could be deceiving you right now if you're not firmly rooted in the scripture and prayer.

Some scriptures relating to the topic:

2 Corinthians 11:14–15 (ESV)

14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (ESV)

4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

1 Timothy 4:1 ESV / 26 helpful votes

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Ephesians 6:11 ESV / 33 helpful votes

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

But with all of that, we have encouragement to know that God is on the side of the believer, which God (who is in us) is greater than Satan (who is in the world).

1 John 4:4 (ESV)

4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

^ yes. 

I take it the activity has gotten worse since we last talked? 

Not worse, just more frequent 

As for Will's reply, it seems the closer I get to God the worse things feel to be getting.. If that makes sense 

Edited by Paige Elizabeth

Not worse, just more frequent 

As for Will's reply, it seems the closer I get to God the worse things feel to be getting.. If that makes sense 

Have you tried asking your priest/pastor to pray over you? Or, even, your parents (if they're Christians)? James 6:16 talks about the prayer of a righteous person being very effective (not saying you're not righteous or anything...)

Have you tried asking your priest/pastor to pray over you? Or, even, your parents (if they're Christians)? James 6:16 talks about the prayer of a righteous person being very effective (not saying you're not righteous or anything...)

I haven't yet. I wanna give it some time to make sure I'm not hallucinating from all the paranormal movies and clips I've seen. 

I haven't yet. I wanna give it some time to make sure I'm not hallucinating from all the paranormal movies and clips I've seen. 

Ahhh, yeah, I have a super active imagination, I know how you feel if it's that. Praying for you, Paige, let me know if there's anything I can do to help! 

This is good advice. Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

I would recommend staying away from the paranormal movies. I've seen some interviews with some of the makers of the films (one being the exorcist). Although they don't expressively accept God, they did say that "they were messing with things that shouldn't be messed with" to say it subtly. 

That does make sense. When I was in a certain habitual sin, the closer I got to God the more frequent the temptations became for a limited amount of time. Demons will do anything to tear you down, especially if you're fresh/weak/new in your faith.But after you let God take a stronghold of your life through reading and obeying his word, the temptations ended up becoming less for me because of the truth in James 4:8 (Come near to God and he will come near to you). Get really close to God, and he will fight for you.

I was going to post this huge mega post about paranoia, demons, and ghostly happenings and how I think they relate.

But to spare the backlash of posting points that I might not be able to argue, I will just say that Will and Katy have a good point. Getting people to pray with you and getting closer to God are good calls. Pretty much all the time.

The closer you get to God, the more Satan is going come at you.  He doesn't want you anywhere NEAR the Father. so, he throws anything he can in your way, temptation, depression, demons...

I've experienced the demonic. Heh. IT'S NOT FUN. AT ALL.

So, yes, pray, read your Bible, go to bible studies and church, rebuke Satan whenever you feel tempted or scared or paranoid. Those bad feels aren't from God.

And please, stop watching scary paranormal movies for now. Ok?