Sign in to follow this  
priest

toughest sport

Yea, soccer is really fun, but it is pretty tough. I'm one of those people who are more inclined to watching it on television because of my lack of coordination.

Almost any sport though, is tough for me. I can't throw a ball into a hoop, hit a ball with a bat, hit a ball with a club... *sigh*

I can, though, hit a ball with my fists, which I guess can describe volleyball.

I think horseback riding because you have to work with basically in the mind, a 1200 lb. toddler that has to have clear instructions and constant attention. You have to work as a team to actually ride them. They have to give a little bit and you have to give a little bit.

Track and field is pretty hard.

I am a long sprinter and my main event is the 400m. To train for this, I have to run two miles for basic training. A typical practice would include a half-mile warm up, then stretches and drills. After this we would workout. I usually did leg presses (450lbs for me). We would then run a quarter mile and then walk one, and do our individual running workouts. Sometimes I'd run two miles all the way through, or I'd do a steeple-chase. After alllll this was done, we'd usually do more drills to cool down. Practice was usually two hours.

THAT my friend, was hard, lol.

handball. the olympic one.

it looks easy, but i did a tourney for that, and it kills ur arms and legs and everything else.

Mini golf all the way man....i can never hit that thing in the hole

and seriously...it is the only sport without a league, that must mean it is hard since no one wants to play it proffesionally, i mean, how many people are that good at mini gold, and what if osme one rigs the windmill?

Originally posted by ButterflyforChrist@Aug 2 2005, 08:36 PM

Basketball, especially when you're playing with girls. I find it much more fun to play with the guys.  :P They just like to play, the girls can get really nasty.

248017[/snapback]

Basketball can get a bit rough too. I broke quite a few bones playing.

Originally posted by goatherder@Aug 2 2005, 09:29 PM

coming from one who does archey that supprises me!

248055[/snapback]

Haha, I never said I competed! I love archery, but I just mess around and stuff, nothing serious. :P Sorry to disappoint you!

Cross Country running

They run Rain Snow Sleet or hail, and if they are lucky sun. in the woods, over roots, rocks, through mud, around trees, just plain nasty tarain

My friends do it.. Ug.. 5 miles in the rain doesnt sound too fun to me.. but they love it.

I think soccer requires more talent skills muscles endurance and all of the above.

[/b]

Physical endurence? Yes. Skill? No.

I'm not sure........

For me it's tennis. For some reason I'm terrible at that. There's just too much space involved. I really like it though.

I think soccer requires more talent skills muscles endurance and all of the above.

Yeah soccer is pretty rough...and most of the players are VERY underpaid.

----------

Mini golf all the way man....i can never hit that thing in the hole

and seriously...it is the only sport without a league, that must mean it is hard since no one wants to play it proffesionally, i mean, how many people are that good at mini golf, and what if some one rigs the windmill?

:lol::lol::lol:

Soccer requires good skills and co-ordination. But for 'toughness' rugby would be the sport where you are most likely to get smashed up in.

Has anyone ever seen girls play volleyball? That is intense. I love volleyball and girls can be vicious at times and sacrifice their body for the ball. Ever dived on a rubber or cement floor? If you haven't I wouldn't suggest it it is painful and the bruises look disgusting.

Alligirl