Sign in to follow this  
priest

toughest sport

From a mental standpoint, I've always found running (cross country in addition to track) to be the most difficult sport, because you have to spend the whole time keeping your temperment exactly right. If you let your adrenaline get away from you, you end up too exhausted to finish the race, but if you hold back, you've lost precious seconds. A second's waver in attention can cost the race.

Physically, though, I think American football is probably one of the more difficult sports out there. It requires a combination of skills and willpower that have to be perfectly balanced in order to produce the right result :)[/b]

I agree, on both points, for football and track. Any individual sport such as swimming, cross country, track, and biking, could easily be named as one of the toughest sports. Your training is all about pushing yourself to your complete physical limits, which takes a lot of mental toughness and physical toughness. Also, simply because it is an individual sport, everything is on you, the weight of a loss, or the victory of a win. No group of athletes is harder on themselves then Track athletes. No matter how good we all do, we are almost always disapointed with how we did. It's a sport that requires a lot of dedication, intelligence, and tons of willpower to pull you through a race or workout.

rugby

if you're not careful, you die.[/b]

Yeah i agree i break to many things so my parents but me in tackle football with the padding haha

if we're just talking about the 'toughest sport', I'd have to say rugby. Second choice, hockey.

All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!

That is true footbal but football has pads and stuff so that the most boysest sport but no toughest but that is my oppion.