Sign in to follow this  
Kite

It will cost you everything

Can I have people's feedback on how this video makes them feel. Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

PS...Be warned of its length, and incorrect use of the word "your" and others.

The idea in the video is very basic. What I mean is that this is what Paul referred to in 1 Corinthians 3:2 as milk. Not that it's bad for expressing a basic idea, that's just what came to mind first.

Otherwise, it seems like a good call to conversion to me. (My experience isn't great there, however.)

[Revision] After thinking about this a little longer, perhaps I should have also criticized the stereotypically Evangelical nature of this presentation. It's given in simplistic terms without a great deal of structure or definition which leads to ambiguity. For example, the speaker notes at time-stamp 3:26 Luke 14:33 without giving any parameters. This could be taken literally that giving up all your physical possessions is necessary for salvation. Earlier the speaker also mentioned that destruction awaited those who were not in Christ's camp which could be taken to mean annihilation (there are undertones of that elsewhere in the video). He might be using these concepts literally or he might be using them as word pictures which is not an uncommon practice. This doesn't matter too much because his central point is conversion but the practice of "Evangelicalnese" doesn't lend itself to theological clarity. 

He also notes at 8:10 that Christ died to self on the cross which seems unlikely to me. Christ would have been dead to self since consciousness if he was to be sinless. 

Final rating: more casuistry than education.

Edited by C. Ingram

I don't know what happened, why the video is not working? :'( I want to know about this video.

Edited by Zabby
No plugging