Ughhhhhh *facepalm*

Sola Scriptura gone wild.

Used in a derogatory manner?

I cannot even...

"The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch" Acts 11:26.

Is that derogatory? No. 

Our religion is called Christianity.

I am a Christian. It's not just a label. It is what I am. It's what the early Christians called themselves. Before that it was "The Way".

Gah I can't stand this hipster nonsense. 

Watered down, derogatory term?

I am so done with the internet.

Edited by Selah

My first thoughts:

I kind of feel like he's just trying to be this guy: 

How do we know Jesus never used the term "Christian"? There are many things that Christ did and said that weren't recorded in the gospels at all. John 21:25, "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

I wouldn't say "Christian" is a derogatory term. The term "Christian" literally means "Christ follower." How is being a Christ follower derogatory?

I would agree that the words he used carry a little more weight in our society than the word "Christian" does. But then again, a lot of people don't want to be called "Christians" because of the weight and stereotypes that are portrayed through the media. So it's not clear cut if the word "Christian" is weighty or not.

Overall, the message is great though. I do see a lot of "watered down" Christians in the church today who do nothing for God. 

I wouldn't say "Christian" is a derogatory term. The term "Christian" literally means "Christ follower." How is being a Christ follower derogatory?

This. 

Also, the dude's speaking manner was really odd. Heaven forbid I be a homophobe but I was getting some subliminal messages from his shirt, too.

Pretty soon even Jesus is going to be too religious for people like him.

I just don't get it. Like, can't you even go and look at the history of Christianity instead of trying to make everything "relavant"? And what difference does it make if the world sees Christian as a negative label? Since when has what the world or society thinks about Christianity ever mattered?

I don't even think he's a heretic, I just think he is severely misinformed. 

Silly people are silly. I feel that stuff like removing "Christian" and "religion" from following Christ is symptomatic of many, many problems in the more base, popular interpretations of Evangelicalism. As much as I am committed to Evangelical theology, I find much of the culture to be lacking.

Any comments about what this video has to say?

Disciple? Christian?

A rose by any other ...

What is in a name?

The guy in the video is a total wazzbag (made up term from iCarly).

Lol Icarly! I love that show.

Either way,i couldn't even watch the first 45 seconds without facepalming and leaving the video. Christian=christ like.