Rachel777

Is he the perfect one?

So I have liked this guy for almost a year now (young love, right :P) but I just recently found out he asked out another girl who is a cheerleader and he's a jock and I'm a band geek ( the sad high school musical cliche) and when I heard about it i literally felt my heart break. We are going to different high schools next year and I wonder if ill really miss him as much as I think I do cause I really miss him right now. I have no idea what to do if I should tell him to get it off my chest or ignore it and have that feeling forever <\3 please help

No one is perfect, save for God. Therefore; middle/highschool boys aren't prefect. No matter how awesome he seems, he's not perfect!

Thing is with crushes, they typically fade when the object of affection disappears. You won't have that feeling forever, honest. If you guys chat at all, exchange contact info, become friends and see what happens. Get to know him, and know him well, before you decide he's dating material.

I never really understood dating in middle school anyway. You're changing so fast, not only physically, but also as a person during that stage of your life, why make it more complicated with romance?

So I have liked this guy for almost a year now (young love, right :P) but I just recently found out he asked out another girl who is a cheerleader and he's a jock and I'm a band geek ( the sad high school musical cliche) and when I heard about it i literally felt my heart break. We are going to different high schools next year and I wonder if ill really miss him as much as I think I do cause I really miss him right now. I have no idea what to do if I should tell him to get it off my chest or ignore it and have that feeling forever <\3 please help

Well, If he doesn't know you like him and he's asked out another girl; I would say you're sadly out of luck. Telling him might produce results, but it's also a little similar to the "telling someone at the altar you love them" scenario. Is it really better to tell them and make things insta-awkward, or just cut your losses? Ultimately it's your decision, but personally I would refocus my energies on someone or something else. I guarantee you're not going to have that feeling forever.

Save your heart by not dating in high school. 80% of the time it never turns out well. People in high school (and quite frankly, most people in college even) aren't mature enough for relationships. Waiting would be a superb idea. I'm currently 20 and single because most girls in my college don't know what a real relationship is or what it is biblically defined as.

I promise you won't have that feeling forever, (even if you're like me and your crushes seem to last forever). Everyone else is right, waiting to date isn't a bad thing. I've never dated, and I'm about to be 21. You might feel like you're missing out on things, but you're really not. I mean honestly, the drama, the tears, the heartbreak... it's bad enough with crushes. Looking back I honestly don't regret staying single through high school. Though I didn't always like it at the time. 

Just focus on making friends worth keeping, studying, having fun... Let the relationship chips fall where they may, but don't make it a priority or stress about it.

As someone who is perpetually single, you're welcome to message me anytime! haha

Save your heart by not dating in high school. 80% of the time it never turns out well. People in high school (and quite frankly, most people in college even) aren't mature enough for relationships. Waiting would be a superb idea. I'm currently 20 and single because most girls in my college don't know what a real relationship is or what it is biblically defined as.

And with that logic, our own Caleb, would never have gotten married to his wonderful wife.

This ideal that there is one perfect person out there for you is a trick of the mind. See things for what they really are: any time something doesn't work outout with someone, there will always be someone else that you can spend your life with. Nothing is conspired against you, events happen as they do.

Also, middle school.

I would wait. Im 13,but i even know dating in high school RARELY goes well. Most of the time it ends in heartbreak/cheating. Lets face it,we young people donthave are head on straight. When you wait for the right one,it will be well worth the wait knowing he will be thier for you and not leave you for the cheerleader or pretty popular girl.

Guest Mike Spero

And with that logic, our own Caleb, would never have gotten married to his wonderful wife.

*feels left out