The Official CTF Blogroll Thread

I know that there are a handful of bloggers here, such as myself, and many of you I would assume would like to share your posts here. In most cases or manners, though, that would come off as spamming the forums, so here's a place dedicated to your spamming! Post the links and introductions to your blogs and individual blog posts here.

Also, if you have a comment about someone's post, please post it on their blog. If you would like to bring discussion on a post to CTF, please start a new thread linking to it in the appropriate forum.

My blog:
The Nicene Nerd (Christianus. Inconcinnus discipulus.)
http://www.thenicenenerd.com/

My latest post:
Are Catholics Real Believers?

Can Catholics be real Christians? This is a question that many evangelical Protestants ask at some point, and I think there is a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation out there. This linked article, while not exhaustive, is I think a good start to understanding this issue.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New post up. How to Know God’s Will for You (Without Gimmicks, Funny Feelings, or Voices in Your Head)

“What is God’s will for my life?” This question consumes the minds of many believers perpetually. Taught from birth to seek God’s will in everything, many find themselves stuck on major (or minor) decisions trying to discern what God wants them to do.

I come to free you...

Blog:

I recently reduced my blog to Facebook. So, facebook.com/clark.ingram.90 is my blog with blog-like updates every Tuesday.

I'd try to describe what I write about (since I have no description floating around my Fb page) but it'd take all evening. In short, my writing is tinged by Scholasticism, American philosophy, and Rationalism with small rivulets of Eastern philosophy and Christian mysticism (this confusing array is brought about by the fact that I read widely and prefer to make up my own mind). Subject wise, I am concerned almost exclusively with ethics and epistemology but occasionally foray into other areas (like today).

Latest Post:

This is the update for today: a series of haiku poems (very) briefly exploring the nature of faith. Enjoy! 

poetic-examination-of-faith

"Faith is not baseless,

But finds its foundation in,

Truth, unchanging, timeless."

My Blog: 

We Have Become Alien

http://wehavebecomealien.blogspot.com/

With the help of our own Ashley, I came up with the caption: "A Bizarre Mix of Traditionalism and Progressivism, in the Form of Radical Christianity, Hegelian Marxism and Freudian Psychoanalysis." The blog consists of my radical Christian ramblings, my left-wing communist politics, and psychoanalytic insights. The blog's title refers to the idea of alienation from God, or from our separation of our universal human essence.

Latest Post:

This latest post of mine is about the societal fascination with female breasts. I address a theory developed by Dr. Young and discuss what a psychoanalytic approach can add to our understanding. 

http://wehavebecomealien.blogspot.com/2014/04/oral-fixation-and-mazophilia.html

Comments are always welcomed.

Edited by Wesker

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Posts:

"Theory and Doctrine: Interpretations in Scripture and Nature." Here I address how to handle supposed conflicts between faith and reason, using evolution and creation as a case study.

http://thenicenenerd.com/2014/04/theory-doctrine-interpretations-scripture-nature/

"5 Arguments Christians Should Never Use." Taking some of the worst but most common arguments in Christian debates and explaining why we should never use them.

http://thenicenenerd.com/2014/05/5-arguments-christians-never-use/

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have a new post up.

Just so you're not caught off guard, I post articles through Facebook. Technically, I'm not a blogger. Anywhoo...

Entitled 'Questions on Anarchism Pt. 1

/clark-ingram/questions-on-anarchism-part-1

To give you a little background to help you decide whether to click or not, this particular article is attempting to answer the moral challenge to anarchism, "anarchism, to carry out its purpose of no authorities, obligations, etc. must do nothing to prevent people from committing immoral deeds." There'll probably be a sequel to this specific article as well. The moral challenge to anarchism opens up a lot of doors for further discussion. Anyways, enjoy!

Iuppiter, you totally should start a blog. We have a nice little circle of intelligentsia growing here.

Edited by C. Ingram

October Night: A Haiku

I post rough/first drafts of short stories, flash fiction pieces, and excerpts of some of my works-in-progress. And I occasionally post up informal discussions either by writing open letters or putting up a post under my so cleverly named "Let's Talk About X" series.

But mostly fiction.

Because too much philosophy and religion gets boring. 

Also, repetitive. 

Edited by Josh (J)

Tis Tuesday once again and that means another post.

weapons-ready-for-difficult-occasions

This is a short excerpt from the Discourses of Epictetus. It discusses how we should equip ourselves to dare to speak or act in company that scares us. Very interesting guy, Epictetus, and this excerpt is quite short.

Next week's article will be on the relationship between anarchism and parenting in continuing the series on anarchism. 

Edited by C. Ingram

• 3 weeks later...

My content has moved from the interim position on Facebook to Investigationes pro Divinum Verum. I'll still be posting every Tuesday as I am able and writing for/with Caleb.

For the time being, until I get the gumption up to move them, all of the articles I wrote while writing on Facebook will stay there and I'll just link the pertinent articles to the new blog.