Nicene Nerd

The Official CTF Blogroll Thread

Got some newsies up.  

Distraction as Destruction (For Your Kids) - One of these days I'll write a book on parenting. Until then you get a slightly rambling article on why "harmless distractions" aren't that harmless.

Dr. Rosaria Butterfield, Reactionaries, Sexuality, etc. etc. - An opinion about an opinion and a prime example of ageism and anti-intellectualism in Evangelicalism (albeit rather numbskull-ish and un-Caleb-like Evangelicalism). Fair warning: this is not an article about sexuality. I haven't developed an opinion on that raging debate yet.

Immaculate Conception: A Socratic Dialogue on Mary - Exactly what it sounds like. A Catholic priest discusses the Immaculate Conception with two Evangelical non-denominational pastors. 

(BTW Caleb, loved the "My Dog Ate My Prayer Book", "God is One the Bible is Not", and "In Defense of my Catholic Brethren" posts. Also, was "I Don't Believe in Hell" a nod to Peter Rollins? It seems similar to his "I deny the Resurrection" idea.)

EDIT: Incase you're wondering, dear reader, if this post conflicts with my Lenten desire to give up unnecessary computer/electronics usage, it doesn't. Writing is necessary for my sanity and your education.

Edited by C. Ingram

My blog shalt be closed from hence until thence. Thence being probably next year-ish. Doing some maintenance, revisions, etc. and getting a book finished. Yay!

I'll still be around in all the other normal places. 

More recent posts (oldest to newest):

Here's my latest slew, going back exactly 1 month:

Jesus Is Lord, the U.S. Government Is Not - Thoughts on government power versus Christian practice

Every Lucid Moment - A personal reflection on doing what I must to go where I want to go in life when I have the will.

Jesus the New and True Israel - How Jesus recapitulated Israel's history for our salvation.

A Better Reason to Work Hard - Going to work to make money to help your neighbor.

Why Did Jesus Come "In the Flesh?" - A sermon I recently preached in manuscript form.

Evangelicals vs. Fundamentalists: What's the Difference? - Thoughts on the relationship between evangelicalism and fundamentalism.

Heaven Is a Myth. Kind Of. - Part 1 of my posts on a Biblical view of life after death.

Christ Alone: Absolutely Wonderful! - Celebrating solus Christus.

For Now, I Am Sinner and Saint (Simul Justus et Peccator) - Luther and Barth help me out sometimes.

The Real Heavens of God's Word - What the Bible actually says about heaven, Paradise, and the new creation.

Election, Israel, and Yahweh's Consuming Fire - Thoughts on OT law and Canaanite wars.

Election, Israel, and Yahweh's Consuming Fire - Part 2 of the above.

Glorifying God the E-Z Way - You can't glorify God without loving people.

How to Feel God’s Love in Jesus’ Arms - As Christ's body, we should give each other hugs.

You Are Not a Soul - Combating Gnostic/Platonic views of human nature.

Early Evidence for Belief in Jesus' Deity - Evidence from the historical nature of the New Testament that Christ's deity isn't the late invention some make it out to be.

Why Trinity Analogies All Stink (With Help from Quantum Physics!) - The title basically says it all, but I'll throw in a mention of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle here.

Well, shoot, Katy's blogging again. Mainly about humanitarian stuff. 

www.wonderrewritten.wordpress.com

I've had this site for a while, and then decided to basically delete everything and start again yesterday. 

Well, shoot, Katy's blogging again. Mainly about humanitarian stuff. 

www.wonderrewritten.wordpress.com

I've had this site for a while, and then decided to basically delete everything and start again yesterday. 

I do the 'delete everything' and start over basically once a year.

-----------------------------

I've also begun blogging again after taking a hiatus to get ready for college and to reimagine what I wanted to do with my blog.

My latest posts have taken the shape of a series of (fictional) letters sent from a German soldier attached to a diplomatic group in a utopian African free-state in 1900. I've been wanting to explore some practical issues that I've been running up against in my love-affair with anarchism and this is how I'm going to do it. For now, I'm beginning to touch on my long held respect for non-violence movements and how non-violence might overcome an occupying force.

One of the other issues that I've thought about covering in this format is the effect that Max Stirner's egoism and Ecclesiastes's nihilism might have on an anarchist society.

I'll eventually have an index up, but, for now, it'd probably be easiest to just view the front page of the blog and scroll down to part one.

Edited by C. Ingram

These are all such lovely constructive examples. I won't share my blog as it's full of profanity and nonsense stories, but my opinion is thus.

BECKY THIS IS BRILLIANT 

This, right here, this is golden. 

-feels loved and adored-

Thank you guys, this means a lot. <3