MsAnonymous

First Move: Guys or Girls?

So, what do you think? Should the guy "make the first move"? Or is it okay for the girl to? Date? Kiss?...what?

I personally believe it's okay for the woman to make the first move. There's nothing in the Bible that's really against the idea. Yes, men must be leaders in the relationship, but making the first move isn't related to how well someone leads.

I think that people should stop giving themselves anxiety by worrying about such things. Life is way too short and precious.

Entirely personal preference.

For me, I like the idea of a guy making "The First Move". I like the idea of a guy "chasing" and appreciate a certain degree of assertiveness in those I go after (which making the first move shows) BUT! I realize that the reason I usually don't "make the first move" is more fueled by anxiety. Both girls and guys fear rejection (probably because it sucks) but girls occasionally use the whole "guys should make the first move" argument to allow themselves to settle in that anxiety.

Ladies, I can't find it in the bible where Jesus said "Waiteth for thy man." but I know he said "Be not afraid" a heck of a lot. ;-)

Basically, don't let fear or a worry about being "proper" stop you from going after a guy. If you don't want to ask him full out, fine. But if you do that you REALLY can't complain when he walks away and you don't know if asking could have made something happen.

Entirely personal preference.

For me, I like the idea of a guy making "The First Move". I like the idea of a guy "chasing" and appreciate a certain degree of assertiveness in those I go after (which making the first move shows) BUT! I realize that the reason I usually don't "make the first move" is more fueled by anxiety. Both girls and guys fear rejection (probably because it sucks) but girls occasionally use the whole "guys should make the first move" argument to allow themselves to settle in that anxiety.

Ladies, I can't find it in the bible where Jesus said "Waiteth for thy man." but I know he said "Be not afraid" a heck of a lot. ;-)

Basically, don't let fear or a worry about being "proper" stop you from going after a guy. If you don't want to ask him full out, fine. But if you do that you REALLY can't complain when he walks away and you don't know if asking could have made something happen.

:naughty:

With gay girls and gay boys, one of the two has to make the first move.

I think that people should stop giving themselves anxiety by worrying about such things. Life is way too short and precious.

I personally believe it's okay for the woman to make the first move. There's nothing in the Bible that's really against the idea. Yes, men must be leaders in the relationship, but making the first move isn't related to how well someone leads.

Kite, please stop spamming.

Amen. Little things like this should not be a big deal.

I'm married, Kite.

So?

I think that Kite is making the first move on everybody here.

Haha that seems likely.

Edited by Kite

Whichever one makes the better cookie. You offer the opposite gender a cookie, and they offer you one. Whoever has the better tasting cookie has to ask the other one out, so they can improve their cookie making! It's so simple.

Whichever one makes the better cookie. You offer the opposite gender a cookie, and they offer you one. Whoever has the better tasting cookie has to ask the other one out, so they can improve their cookie making! It's so simple.

Kite, stop spamming. 

I like you x)

Kite wins this topic. 

Do I get a prize, cause it seems even though I'm making the first move, everyone is ignoring me :crying:

I do it "old school" and wait for a guy to make the first move. Maybe that's why I'm still single. :P Jk.

Lool....same here....

But i did try it out as a joke once...turned out my joke was preety serious to him...somehow we started dating, but ive never tried it after that.

I think its okay for the girl to make the first move but preferably I would like the guy to make the first move. :D