groundporkchops

I had an encounter with God but I am very confused?

This morning, at about 3am, I was sick with a raging fever and a head cold. It was about 3:30 and during the worst part of my fever, I prayed and call out to God and I felt something, a presence come over me. It was warm and peaceful and felt like water running over me. It was so full of love and hope and peace that I was crying.

Then, I was surrounded by a crowd of voices, each one crying out for God and I was surrounded by them. I had a nudging feeling in my heart that seemed to pull me towards these voices. Each voice was crying out, loudly, for God's forgiveness and healing. I felt I had to pray for them, to help them and help them feel the presence I was feeling.

I felt this presence almost speak to me, but no words, only a feeling telling me to help. My fever is gone, my head cold is going and I am wondering what actually happened here.

I have no idea what happened and whether or not it was God speaking to me...

I will speak to my pastor today but I wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this happen?

Porky

Guest Mike Spero

This morning, at about 3am, I was sick with a raging fever and a head cold. It was about 3:30 and during the worst part of my fever, I prayed and call out to God and I felt something, a presence come over me. It was warm and peaceful and felt like water running over me. It was so full of love and hope and peace that I was crying.

Then, I was surrounded by a crowd of voices, each one crying out for God and I was surrounded by them. I had a nudging feeling in my heart that seemed to pull me towards these voices. Each voice was crying out, loudly, for God's forgiveness and healing. I felt I had to pray for them, to help them and help them feel the presence I was feeling.

I felt this presence almost speak to me, but no words, only a feeling telling me to help. My fever is gone, my head cold is going and I am wondering what actually happened here.

I have no idea what happened and whether or not it was God speaking to me...

I will speak to my pastor today but I wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this happen?

Porky

I haven't had that same vision, but I've had some crazy experience with visions that have come about to me as dreams. One from a demonic source and one from God, and with that knowledge I can tell you that your vision has come from the Lord.

In my dream with demonic influence, the space I began in felt sharp and coarse; even the atmosphere. I heard voices threatening me to get away from someone I cared about and was ministering to or else they would torment and kill me. They lifted me off my bed and levitated me around, and in the dream they even jabbed their hands into my body and made me feel a pain I knew couldn't be real. I tried to run in the dream but I felt them rip out my control and I blacked out within it, then awoke in the same bed I started in. I finally truly awoke after one final threat on my life. It was obviously not inspired by God and felt immensely dark and horrid. It felt like I was being tortured. Though, after that dream I left feeling encouraged actually, because I knew I must be making progress as even the demonic presence surrounding said person was fearful of the way God was using me; which is no doubt why He allowed them to convey it to me.

In my vision that came from God speaking to me, I awoke in a silent space. This was shortly after my dream that came from the demons. The space felt serene and almost controlled, and all was silent. In it, I rose from my bed and saw an object before me. It was strange and I had never seen it before. I heard a voice say "Remember" and then I suddenly snapped back to reality, wide awake. I rolled over and found a message from my pastor who suddenly had decided to text me in the middle of the night, the same minute in which I had awoken, and my phone was silenced. I shared the object I saw with the same person who was being oppressed by demonic power and would not receive it, and it turned out to be something that proved the presence was real to said person (as I had no way of knowing it); and with counsel from my church I cast the demons away.

This being said, in my experience and communing with other Believers about dreams: God NEVER uses fear or darkness to try and inspire us. You may be afraid of His presence, but if the vision was clearly and deliberately established to make you fearful it was likely not from God but demons. Just ask yourself if the dream felt like it was rooted in a darkness, or if it was rooted in a serene and righteous peace.

Also, do not discount the fact that this vision could very well have been from your fever. High fevers are renown for causing hysteria and producing some strange dreams and visions, so I would be cautious to make the leap that what you experienced was definitively from an exterior power whatsoever. I'm not in any way saying it isn't, but it very well could be.

I have interpreted one other person's vision (which was also in a dream) before, and though I do not believe that makes me any sort of "licensed interpreter",I do know that God can and would use me in said manner if it was His Providence to do so. This being said, I feel it is God's will that I be used in this way now, so I will explain this:

I believe there is great meaning to your vision. The warm, and peaceful presence sounds like the inherent spirit of God. I've felt His presence before and it felt exactly as you described. If this vision is true, it means that you have a grand calling in this life. The sickness you were experiencing would represent the sickness of the flesh and onslaught of sin all non-Believers are faced with. Like the true children of the Lord who have not yet found Him, you seek a cure from this raging disease but try as you might in worldly cures, you can find none. The Holy presence of God that then came, and ripped away the disease is exactly that which it sounds: His freedom and salvation. Having tasted this great gift yourself and joined with God, you were revealed what it is you are called to do in this life. Those screams are from all the people who desperately seek God's love and forgiveness and to be free of this world, and whom will die without such without your role in this life; that you will no doubt fulfill. Never worry, God never chooses wrong and He will use all of us to accomplish all He needs to do. You were chosen by God to be the means of which He uses to knock on the doors of many a persons' heart, and to bring them into relationship with the Father and the grace and purity they so long to have. You are the means of which God will reach out to each member of the crowd you heard, and through this He will save many. The final section, the presence speaking to you with no words, was to represent the words of which you lack. You too long to be used to help a great many people and bring them to peace and God; your heart goes out to such. But you must not seek after your calling with a reckless abandon, as you do not yet have the knowledge of God and His Word that will be instrumental to your goal in life. The Spirit wishes to speak a great many wonders through you, but it cannot if you first don't learn the words that it needs to speak.

That's all I felt I received. I hope this was helpful to you in some way Brother

I have also had a demonic Experience and a vision from God. ^^ I know you and I have already had a chat about it but I'm just going back over it as ctf chat doesn't save any conversations.

I'll talk about demonic first,about 4 years ago I was dreaming. I was in my home, chatting to my dad when out of the corner of my eye I see something in the window. It was a woman in a wedding dress, but she was decaying like a corpse. She pressed her hand against the window and her breath fogged the glass and she stared at me. I asked my dad if he could see it he said he had no idea what I was talking about and went to the living room on the other side of the house, I followed him there, he and my mother were watching tv and out of the backdoor window I could see her at the foot of my garden. She was stood in the darkness, it was the middle of the night but her face was illuminated by the light from my house, she stared at me with these awful glazed over eyes, it was after a moment of staring at this woman I realized it was my sister, who had recently become engaged to her boyfriend (she was 17) It was a secret that she swore me to keep. Then my sister started to cry, it was a horrible noise that chilled me right to my center, I've never felt so cold. I don't know why but I just thought to myself "Shes hurting, I need to let her in" 
I ran to the door and unlocked it, I swung it open and I ran through the garden to her and wrapped my arms around her and then it was like watching from someone else's perspective. I could see myself hugging my phantom sister in her graying wedding dress, I was crying and I saw my sister extend her hand, and in her hand was a thin blade. A blade she proceeded to use to stab me through the back of my rib cage, over and over. I could feel it even though I was watching, It was like being ripped open. I woke up, breathing shallow. I convince myself it was a nightmare, and after a couple of minutes I've worked up the courage to open my curtains and prove it to myself. I pull back my curtains and shes there, the demonic apparition of my sister suspended in midair like shes submerged in water, floating with my blood on her dress and the knife still in her hand. I scream, then everything goes black. When I come too again, I'm having an episode of sleep paralysis that I've gotten a handful of times in my life. I somehow will myself back to sleep and when I wake again its morning. I drew her, a couple of days latter, my sister in her wedding dress with her face decomposing and the knife in her hand and my blood on her dress and I had to burn it (then pray for like an hour) because it just terrified me. I like drawing but I have never drawn anything that real before 

Funny thing is, everyone in my house had a horrible nightmare that night, it was the night before we were going to go to a major christian event as well which if I hadn't already been convinced it was a demonic attack I would of been then. Its like Mike said, its a feeling of  vivid utter abhorrent dread that marks it out,  and they often come when you are heading in the right direction. 

My Vision from God, as already discussed was remarkably like yours. ^^

I was staying with my Eldest sister, I was 16 years old (a different one from the form chosen by the demonic attack) When I suddenly felt incredibly feverish and unwell and I /had/ to lie down. I tried putting it off and keeping going (my sister had just had a major operation and she needed me to help out so I kept saying to myself "not right now"). When I laid down that night I had this feeling of restlessness, I tossed I turned but I couldn't sleep. I went downstairs and laid down on the couch, closed my eyes, and prayed god to take the restless nausea and fever away and then It happens.
I'm not in my body any longer. 

I can see a man, and hes sat on the street, and hes clearly homeless, hes blind in one eye, he looks straggly and unkempt and infested and I feel a revulsion and discomfort stir in me which somehow evaporates into the deepest feeling of love that I can't possibly describe. I'm zooming away now and I'm in my own body in a crowd, and there are people there who are a mix of physical disability, mental disability, homeless, unloved and isolated. Societies picture of the unwanted just swarming around me, none of them looking at me, all of them solitary all avoiding eye contact and murmuring and muttering to themselves. I feel their hopelessness and misery wash over me like a tidal wave, these are people I would of avoided if I saw them in the street, that I wouldn't of spoken too, that I wouldn't of made eye contact with or smiled at. But now I'm just filled with overwhelming love and sorrow and my heart is breaking and I want to reach out and take their hand and talk to them but every time I try its like my hand is passing through smoke. 

Then I'm back on my sisters lopsided sofa, I touch my face and its wet with tears, I pray to God to break my heart for what breaks his and to let me show these people the love he has for them. I ask him to bless me with the ability to see them through his eyes.I pray that he lets me help them. I'm overcome by a feeling of calm, I no longer feel sick or feverish or anxious I feel ....Its such a hard feeling to describe, it sits in the center of my chest and it radiates warmth and strength and purpose and serenity, I had never had a feeling like that before. 

Three years down the road and here I am, a Social Support Worker for People with Disabilities, getting them involved with the community and helping them build friendships and their self esteem, I've never had a more fulfilling or satisfying job (and believe me I've had a few).

:)  God was telling me what he wanted me to do, he was giving me time to prepare for it because its hard sometimes, and confusing and I made some wrong turns, he was showing me his purpose for me. 

I have also had a demonic Experience and a vision from God. ^^ I know you and I have already had a chat about it but I'm just going back over it as ctf chat doesn't save any conversations.

I'll talk about demonic first,about 4 years ago I was dreaming. I was in my home, chatting to my dad when out of the corner of my eye I see something in the window. It was a woman in a wedding dress, but she was decaying like a corpse. She pressed her hand against the window and her breath fogged the glass and she stared at me. I asked my dad if he could see it he said he had no idea what I was talking about and went to the living room on the other side of the house, I followed him there, he and my mother were watching tv and out of the backdoor window I could see her at the foot of my garden. She was stood in the darkness, it was the middle of the night but her face was illuminated by the light from my house, she stared at me with these awful glazed over eyes, it was after a moment of staring at this woman I realized it was my sister, who had recently become engaged to her boyfriend (she was 17) It was a secret that she swore me to keep. Then my sister started to cry, it was a horrible noise that chilled me right to my center, I've never felt so cold. I don't know why but I just thought to myself "Shes hurting, I need to let her in" 

I ran to the door and unlocked it, I swung it open and I ran through the garden to her and wrapped my arms around her and then it was like watching from someone else's perspective. I could see myself hugging my phantom sister in her graying wedding dress, I was crying and I saw my sister extend her hand, and in her hand was a thin blade. A blade she proceeded to use to stab me through the back of my rib cage, over and over. I could feel it even though I was watching, It was like being ripped open. I woke up, breathing shallow. I convince myself it was a nightmare, and after a couple of minutes I've worked up the courage to open my curtains and prove it to myself. I pull back my curtains and shes there, the demonic apparition of my sister suspended in midair like shes submerged in water, floating with my blood on her dress and the knife still in her hand. I scream, then everything goes black. When I come too again, I'm having an episode of sleep paralysis that I've gotten a handful of times in my life. I somehow will myself back to sleep and when I wake again its morning. I drew her, a couple of days latter, my sister in her wedding dress with her face decomposing and the knife in her hand and my blood on her dress and I had to burn it (then pray for like an hour) because it just terrified me. I like drawing but I have never drawn anything that real before 

Funny thing is, everyone in my house had a horrible nightmare that night, it was the night before we were going to go to a major christian event as well which if I hadn't already been convinced it was a demonic attack I would of been then. Its like Mike said, its a feeling of  vivid utter abhorrent dread that marks it out,  and they often come when you are heading in the right direction.

That's awful... I would have totally freaked out.