MagicallyMusical14

eating disorders and going behind parents backs.

There was a girl, she was only in 10th grade, but already she felt like the world was working against her.

It was January, cold and miserable, this brought about her busiest time of year. Being so busy she started forgetting to eat, as the weeks passed she was loosing weight and as she looked in the mirror she liked what she saw, this girl who was already skinny started to view herself as fat. Looking in the mirror she saw ugliness, so she stopped eating all together. It progressed even further when her brother started cutting, that happy boy, her twin, was suicidal. Her parents attention was on him and it was like her cry for attention or a cry for help, but nobody noticed. The girl  who was always so truthful, the girl who never went behind her parents backs, was now doing both. "Yes mom, i already ate" and "i still have money at school" became frequent excuses. 

This paved the way for even more trouble. Soon she was constantly working and she gave up her first kiss to a guy who didn't even care. She was lying to her parents even more, "I'm not involved with him!" or "Nothing happened!", were more things often heard. She started texting in class, marks slightly decreased. Soon her best friend became worried.

He noticed more than anyone, he could see behind the lies. Finally, months after the first situation which made the way for more mistakes and regrets, she opened up. This girl that couldn't trust because of past experiences, finally broke down. She told him how busyness prevented eating and triggered the start of an eating disorder. She told him how trying to rebel against her parents made her hate herself even more. Soon this girl who was once so confident, was crying, not lightly but like rain in a thunderstorm. She was broken and ready to give up. But her best friend was patient, he helped her through everything, the once massive pile of burdens was slowly going down.

Her parents never knew what she was going through and they still don't know. Now when sharing this story, those that know her are shocked to know. This broken girl, the girl who was ready to give everything up, just one short year ago, was me.

Well there's my testimony.There is only 2 or 3 people that know my full story, but i guess now there is more. I wrote this for my english class and as i go to public school it doesn't contain everything. Within my household, i'm the only christian, and that does make it harder to keep a relationship with Jesus going. About two years ago i started floating away from God, i made my way back and then when my story starts, last January, i fell away again and since then i have been struggling to get back. Any one going through these things, please talk to me, id be happy to try help as best as i can. 

Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm so glad you're not being deceived by Satan anymore (or not as much) and you realize you're worth so much than the world tells you or even we tell ourselves!  Keep leaning on Jesus and He will continue to help... you're definitely in a difficult situation being the only Christian in your family, but I do believe God will take care of you always!   Welcome to our community, by the way!

thanks! not only am i the only christian in my family, theres only about 3 or 4 other people around my age where i live that are christian, so im really hoping to meet some people to talk to on here :)

This story is so inspiring to me! :)

I must say... I have no words for this. This is beautiful :')

Just hang on in there, God is your friend :)

He will see you though :)

- ProudToBeJesusFreak ^-^.

thank you :) it takes time but eventully we see Gods plans for us and why we had our struggles!

Yoir story is also very inspiring! Ive never personally been suicidal but ive seen it with my brother, so ive seen how hard it is to leave those feelings behind.. Stay strong!

Im doing way better! I still have a long way to go in my relationship with God though. With my eating disorder, im mainly good, occasionally i have relapses, but i think that must be normal. As for the guys, im not is a "physical" relationship (kissing, making out, etc. I havn't had sex), but i am seeing a guy right now, he is older, but he is also religious, hardworking and very supportive of everything i do, We shall have to see where God leads us!

If you ever want to talk about anything, message me :)