slycooper

20 Basic Truths You Can't Talk About in American Anymore

War is ugly, and collateral damage is a part of that ugliness. Is it ideal? No, but the point stands; our soldiers are more valuable to us than their civilians.

The only people more valuable than other people are God's anointed sovereigns and nobility. Beyond that, all lives are equal. Such a "pragmatic" view of human life leads only to misery and death.

The only people more valuable than other people are God's anointed sovereigns and nobility. Beyond that, all lives are equal. Such a "pragmatic" view of human life leads only to misery and death.

I love your monarchism.

I love your monarchism.

I really *wanted* to say that all people are equal; but I just couldn't get it out.

Guest Mike Spero

1) I disagree wholeheartedly with gender changes. The Bible itself says not to mark the body of pierce it for jewelry; how much worse is mutilating it and pretending you suddenly changed sexes? However, this is an OPINION. The author should not have included it as a "truth" when it cannot be proven as such by numbers and facts

2) That is true, with emphasis on "most"

3) Look up any legitimate statistics. This is true people, it's not racism. African Americans are no less than any of us and they have their upstanding members of society as well as their punks, but on average they do have more offenders; as has become dictated by much of their culture. Oh, I just agreed on a legitimate statistic while I hold nothing negative in any way towards African Americans in my heart. I guess that makes me racist x/

4) That is again not something you can claim as a "truth". Is there a number for this? I also do not personally believe it; though a huge number of people are bullies and think they're SO MISTREATED. Even still, this is not something measurable and I cannot state it as fact or not (though personally I believe it is 50/50)

5) TRUISM UuU

6) This is rather harsh. Yes, in essence it is true; but it should have been phrased much better than this ._.

7) I agree wholeheartedly. Science cannot prove when life starts, and even if it could (which it hasn't) I would disbelieve it as the Bible and personal experience from many I've spoken with says otherwise. Still, I only agree that this is truth and not opinion because with there being ZERO evidence that babies don't have life until birth, even the risk of a life (that I know is not a risk, but murder) should never be acceptable.

8) This is just conservative nonsense. #independent

Honestly, you can't call people unpatriotic. Again, in my opinion: Are most liberals (as well as conservatives) blind morons who just follow whatever great "moral bandwagon" they select? Yep. But do you have evidence that this is a "truth"? You have provided evidence of your ignorance by making a blanket generality if I ever heard one

9) Bull. Sorry, but it is. Our country made a sudden change years ago from being a bunch of hypocritical, selfish and self-righteous morons (take History class kids) to deciding to protect innocent lives. I doubt any crazed moron wouldn't agree that a soldier who's told his job is to protect innocents and eliminate threats in other countries should let five year old girls be used as riots shields by "radical" muslim forces overseas. Imbecile, again you are calling a moral issue a "truth". How shallow can you be?

10) I loved this one. Omg cx In a perfect world... This would be a law UuU It's common sense folks

11) Well... time has certainly shown this to be true. I hope there's another way, but the evidence is still overpowering in this direction. Still, not a "truth" guy. Does he need the definition of the words "truth" and "opinion" or something?

12) Yes, but this "Christian nation" did some really screwed up crap in the past, need I remind you

13) This is an obvious fact. And he said: "in general". Truth.

14) True, again. There still is a real issue of racism in some states, but it's very miniscule now. Wait, did I just say some people use the word "racism" to try and justify their actions? How dare I?! RACIST! *rolls eyes*

15) Agreeable, yes. But I would like some... uh... numbers or something? To support this? Please? Anything...?

16) I know this to be true... BUT FOR THE LAST TIME: "Calling something a truth without any evidence DOESN'T MAKE IT A TRUTH, GUY!" Again, this can only be passed off as pure opinion

17) Indisputable. True. Sorry guys, just cause you've received hate doesn't mean the world has to act like you all are perfect and not show caution we would show to any other person. God, if this honestly bothers you I would have to chalk that up to a lack of maturity. "We don't want straight men alone with our young daughters. Nothing personal, but there are some monsters in this world." "No problem :3" vs "We don't want gay men alone with our young boys. Nothing personal, but there are some monsters in this world." "YOU BIGOT! HOW DARE YOU?!" Yeah, no double-standard prevailing over logic here xc

18) Dude, really? ALL homeless people who are that way long term have substance problems or are mentally ill and we're supposed to "round up" THESE POOR PEOPLE LIKE CATTLE?! Dude, what?!!

19) If you are ABUSING IT. Not if you aren't well out and a standard middle-class white person. Sheesh man.

20) This is factual and follows the laws of common sense. I applaud the author for one of the ten times I counted that he did not act as a total imbecile.

Okay, there are my opinions on each. Bring on the hate, I'm ready for ya'

rocklee_6e4bl4wi.gif

Edited by Mike Spero

All animals people are equal, but some are more equal than others.

20111117-fist.png

Red; the blood of angry men

black; the dark of ages past

red; a world about to dawn

black; the night that ends at last.

17) Indisputable. True. Sorry guys, just cause you've received hate doesn't mean the world has to act like you all are perfect and not show caution we would show to any other person. God, if this honestly bothers you I would have to chalk that up to a lack of maturity. "We don't want straight men alone with our young daughters. Nothing personal, but there are some monsters in this world." "No problem :3" vs "We don't want gay men alone with our young boys. Nothing personal, but there are some monsters in this world." "YOU BIGOT! HOW DARE YOU?!" Yeah, no double-standard prevailing over logic here xc

I think the issue is automatically assuming that people are rapists.

All animals people are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Hail Snowball, leader of the Revolution.

Red; the blood of angry men

black; the dark of ages past

red; a world about to dawn

black; the night that ends at last.

"For every monarchy overthrown the sky becomes less brilliant, because it loses a star. A republic is ugliness set free."

-Anatole France

"Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." - Edward Abbey

Hail Snowball, leader of the Revolution.

How dare you praise that traitor! He is allied with Jones! We must feed you to the dogs!

"For every monarchy overthrown the sky becomes less brilliant, because it loses a star. A republic is ugliness set free."

-Anatole France

Of course, because an unelected leader who rules for life is so much better than an elected one who is responsible to the people.

Of course, because an unelected leader who rules for life is so much better than an elected one who is responsible to the people.

That's adorable. Tell me another one.

But on the nonexistent chance you weren't joking: a Monarch, besides the fact that the right of a monarch to rule stems from God, is almost always preferable to an elected head of state.

Edited by Iuppiter

Good gosh. These comments show the hideousness of how low people can veiw others. It's sad.

Nah, this is all in good fun (I think).

War is ugly, and collateral damage is a part of that ugliness. Is it ideal? No, but the point stands; our soldiers are more valuable to us than their civilians.

You're still placing value though based on their worth to you which isn't a type of pragmatism I really like to go for. I'm an idealist pacifist, what can I say. 

Abi.... why....  D: POLITICS IN AMERICA IS CRAZY AND YOU'RE JUST NOT READY FOR IT!

Ha, but we're getting there though Zabby v.v It's just in the UK we have more parties full of crazy people to choose from.

3) Look up any legitimate statistics. This is true people, it's not racism. African Americans are no less than any of us and they have their upstanding members of society as well as their punks, but on average they do have more offenders; as has become dictated by much of their culture. Oh, I just agreed on a legitimate statistic while I hold nothing negative in any way towards African Americans in my heart. I guess that makes me racist x/

4) That is again not something you can claim as a "truth". Is there a number for this? I also do not personally believe it; though a huge number of people are bullies and think they're SO MISTREATED. Even still, this is not something measurable and I cannot state it as fact or not (though personally I believe it is 50/50)

14) True, again. There still is a real issue of racism in some states, but it's very miniscule now. Wait, did I just say some people use the word "racism" to try and justify their actions? How dare I?! RACIST! *rolls eyes*

3) Did you read my post? Statistics don't tell the whole story. If an advert says '9/10 experts agree that our product is the best' you don't take it for gospel truth as you don't know about any of the bias, selection process etc which can determine that. With the crime statistics you don't know if there was a bias in who the police went for, if all the crimes were accounted for (corporate/federal often are not) and who just simply got away with it.

4) I think it's more talking about say, gay people believing they are victims when in fact they bullying those who disagree. Or reverse racism.

14) Since when was racism just a miniscule problem in America? Minorities are more likely to get stopped and frisked by the police, are negatively stereotyped, are the most likely to be the victim of hate crime, have longer sentences than white people for the same crimes, have little positive media portrayal, face racial profiling and the prevalence of symbolic racism and ambivalent prejudice. It's still an issue, it's just not as obvious as slavery.

I mean what was originally posted. Not what you guys are saying.

The chosen one who the prophecies foretold who believes that CTF debates are in good nature has been sent to us! Hail Snowball for his generous gift!

(I like you already x3)

Guest Mike Spero

I think the issue is automatically assuming that people are rapists.

You're right, gosh-dang it! This "Christian nation" is so full of great people and the Shekinah Glory that we should lay up our children into the hands of any man or woman blindly, and just trust that nothing bad will come of it. Right? No? It's actually not so much assuming people are pedophiles, but not taking the risk at your child's great expense. Man or woman, straight or gay, I want to be sure my children will be safe. Many parents feel the same way. It's not making an assumption, but refusing to put your child in any possible danger

3) Did you read my post? Statistics don't tell the whole story. If an advert says '9/10 experts agree that our product is the best' you don't take it for gospel truth as you don't know about any of the bias, selection process etc which can determine that. With the crime statistics you don't know if there was a bias in who the police went for, if all the crimes were accounted for (corporate/federal often are not) and who just simply got away with it.

4) I think it's more talking about say, gay people believing they are victims when in fact they bullying those who disagree. Or reverse racism.

14) Since when was racism just a miniscule problem in America? Minorities are more likely to get stopped and frisked by the police, are negatively stereotyped, are the most likely to be the victim of hate crime, have longer sentences than white people for the same crimes, have little positive media portrayal, face racial profiling and the prevalence of symbolic racism and ambivalent prejudice. It's still an issue, it's just not as obvious as slavery.

3. Have some truth, gathered from a census statement from our incarceration system itself; not a shampoo commercial like it seems you think these numbers are from cx

"More than one in every 100 American adults is incarcerated. For African American males between the ages of 20-24, the figure is one in every 9."

4. I didn't get that vibe, but you could be right. Either way, I think we can all unanimously agree that this is not a fact but a gathered opinion

14. I think the article was more referring to when people cry: "Racism!!" to get out of problems they're very much at fault for; which I was agreeing with. There is still some racism, but like all other sins: do you really believe it will ever stop being an issue? Now, we should all obviously try our best to enforce all forms of justice, but in all honesty you hear "racism!" a lot more than it occurs. It seems people judge a culture gap as racism, now-a-days

Edited by Mike Spero

I do intend my comments to be light-hearted. Crossing molotovs with guillotines is a good way to while away the time. 

I do intend my comments to be light-hearted. Crossing molotovs with guillotines is a good way to while away the time. 

Which is why I fave you. 

You're still placing value though based on their worth to you which isn't a type of pragmatism I really like to go for. I'm an idealist pacifist, what can I say. 

I was raised by military/police. I want to be an idealist pacifist, but I can't make that work with the way the world works. I'm an ideal realist. :D

Caaan you feeel the looove tonight...

3. Have some truth, gathered from a census statement from our incarceration system itself; not a shampoo commercial like it seems you think these numbers are from cx

"More than one in every 100 American adults is incarcerated. For African American males between the ages of 20-24, the figure is one in every 9."

4. I didn't get that vibe, but you could be right. Either way, I think we can all unanimously agree that this is not a fact but a gathered opinion

14. I think the article was more referring to when people cry: "Racism!!" to get out of problems they're very much at fault for; which I was agreeing with. There is still some racism, but like all other sins: do you really believe it will ever stop being an issue? Now, we should all obviously try our best to enforce all forms of justice, but in all honesty you hear "racism!" a lot more than it occurs. It seems people judge a culture gap as racism, now-a-days

You misunderstand me just slightly - i'm not arguing against the stats, indeed a higher percentage of African Americans are put into jail even if you account for white collar crimes but that doesn't mean they commit the most crime, per se. All the aforementioned factors all influence how they're targeted more than white people who in a lot of areas commit more offences.

It makes sense for a hyper-conservative website who often talks about those sort of things.

People say that and yet I don't see many examples of it - just people getting accused of it or using it as a way to downplay actual racism. Sure some do it, possibly quite a bit, but anyone when things go bad will find some way of victimising themselves, heck I do it a fair amount, it's a good defence mechanism. Goodness knows that site does it a lot as well when talking about liberals/LGBT etc - but I don't really see it being deserving of the attention it gets other than to say 'hey look at all these people pretending to be victims of racism when it's not actually there' or as just another form of scapegoating like all others. 

Edited by slycooper

1) I agree with the not-s, but I'm not so sure about the first part.

2) A lot of people? Probably. The majority? Eh, that's pretty iffy.

3) The jail stats are probably accurate, but the idea that black people commit more crimes may or may not be, and the opening clause just reinforces that this is "not-racism.:

4) Sometimes this is actually true. Other times this is definitely not true. And sometimes no one is actually right.

5) I know we joke about politicians, but I don't think this is necessarily true. They may mostly be elitist, full of it, and too political to be seriously honest, but "shameless liars" is probably an overstatement. However, the latter part of this is probably mostly true.

6) It is true that they broke the law, and that's not right to do. But so did Captain America and Black Widow. Context matters, my friends.

7) I agree that life begins at conception, but strangling a baby in a crib is always done with a drastically different mindset than abortion. Most women who have abortions are neither crazy nor hateful nor violent people. And I say this as someone who detests abortion.

8) Only the loud and obnoxious ones on Yahoo! Answers.

9) Isn't that basically the opposite of love?

10) Every voting society would be better off that way, but what's the practical application?

11) There is no way to make peace in that situation.

12) I'm increasingly convinced that classical liberalism, which is the probably closest approximation to America's founding, is far from Christian. It is true that America began with a people who had mostly Christian moral values, but the position stated here isn't quite accurate.

13) The point?

14) Only in politics. In the real world racism still exists, though it's certainly better than it used to be.

15) Really? Out of potentially millions of possible financial paths for America, only one will pay the bills?

16) I agree with this, actually.

17) This has somewhat of a point. Even though we shouldn't view everyone as a potential rapist (and even though the "all gays are pervy men" stereotype oozes in this point"), even the most respected and upstanding adult male would not be allowed to camp out with Girl Scouts. So I don't think its a stretch to say that adults who have sexual attraction towards either gender should probably not lead children of that gender in a camping trip.

18) This is stupid.

19) I say instead that if we're paying taxes for this crazy government, we might as well use the stuff they pay for.

20) Um, no.

That a list like that was posted here, and thus gained notice from this board, is embarrassing. 

That's an ex-Nazi with alien arm syndrome trying really hard not heil his American fuhrer.

I assume that that's a joke... :?