Sign in to follow this  
God-Sent

Universalism

Apocatastasis (universalism) was condemned as a heresy at the Council of Constantinople in 453, with Origen excommunicated for teaching it (though that was more because he taught the preexistence of souls, but eh).

You can certainly hope and pray for all to be saved, and trust in God's mercy; but it is not a teaching. Otherwise, what would the point of salvation be? 

Guest JAG

A heresy impossible to believe if you've ever read the bible one time in your life.

A heresy impossible to believe if you've ever read the bible one time in your life.

^This. I had a brief flirtation with UU, but then realised it was literally anything anyone wanted it to be. Which, ultimately, makes it nothing.

"I died on the cross for your sins."

"I know, Jesus. I try my best not to sin."

"No! Sin. It's okay, I payed for it."

That's how I see it anyway.

Guest Mike Spero

Sharply pointed, but I would have to concur. It sounds more as what a human may want to be true rather than what we are told and shown is. Heck, I would LOVE to see God save and redeem all of our sins, but sadly He has shown us this is not the case. I mourn this deeply, but believing in something that contradicts the rests of your beliefs sadly will not make it true :c