Diakonos

The Rapture

I have always been confused on this: If major events such as Christ's resurrection and Day of Pentecost have been fulfilled on the feast days, wouldn't it make sense for God to send Christ back to get the Bride on the next feast day to be fulfilled? It's confusing because I've always been told that Christ could come back at any time, which doesn't seem logical. If God has a planned time for everything (feast days), why would He have Christ come back any random day? Please note: I am not date-setting, just wanting to figure this out

Edited by GraceThroughFaith

The Rapture, assuming premillennialism is true, will happen not randomly, nor at a time we can expect. It shall happen precisely when God intends, though we may not know why.

Guest Mike Spero

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness"

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness"

What hast this to do with the Rapture? This is about recreation.

Guest Mike Spero

What hast this to do with the Rapture? This is about recreation.

I thought this hast everything in doth about the Rapture x3 I actually have never heard this verse not associate with it O.O

I'm not really a big fan of the rapture as a concept. I think the rapture as conceptualised by most hardcore Baptists and such, or the folks who wrote that truly-awful series about it, is completely wrong. 

In summation:

"And I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come."

*points to Left Behind, which is practically canon on all eschatology matters*

*points to Left Behind, which is practically canon on all eschatology matters*

And when the one with Nic Cage comes out, we shall have a new prophet, a NEW MOSES!

tumblr_inline_n7p3nnfDTc1r8x9ve.gif

The Rapture,..., will happen not randomly, nor at a time we can expect. It shall happen precisely when God intends, though we may not know why.

I agree with that.

And when the one with Nic Cage comes out, we shall have a new prophet, a NEW MOSES!

tumblr_inline_n7p3nnfDTc1r8x9ve.gif

"We're gonna steal the declaration of Jesus!"

Did you guys see that promotional poster they released where the Statue of Liberty had been raptured? 

Did you guys see that promotional poster they released where the Statue of Liberty had been raptured? 

1403.gif

I'm not really sure if the rapture doctrine is of God. One thing is sure; Jesus will return. What we should have our focus on is growth and maturity in Christ and make sure when He comes back He will see Himself when He looks at you, in other words, Christ must be formed in you. Secound of all, in the process of growing and matureing in Christ, more and more will be revealed to you when the Father decides it's time for you to get some more escathology or any escathology at all, depends on where you are at. Babes in Christ (some is actually babes for too many years, and others all their lifes) should desire the milk of the word. If you are unsure where you are in Christ then ask the Father. If the Father says you need milk, then take it, if He decides it's time for you to move on, then move. Escathology is not for babes in Christ. I believe there are too many children in Christ. Time to move on towards perfection!

Omg! There's a new Left Behind movie??!!! :D *Ahem excuse my fangirling*

Back on topic. God has a set day when Christ is coming back. We just don't know when that day is. So, for us, Christ could come at any time. The book of Revelation is a good place to read about the end of time, aka Jesus' return. Also Matthew chapter 24 speaks of Christ's return. Pray about anything that you don't understand. "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given you." James 1:5  God likes to teach us! :lol: