What are your opinions on drug abuse?

Also, if a Christian is struggling with staying away from such things and prayer isn't enough. What should they do?

Drug abuse is tough. Sheesh that was a beast for me. Still is. It's not going to be easy...at all. But yeah, I'd get together with someone who has gone through it and conquered it. It's still a struggle for me, and yes, we all mess up. Lucky God is there to catch us and stand us back up when we fall.

Guest Mike Spero

Hey, GodslilGirl, SketchyDrone is my fiancee btw ^.^ Sorry, you two are awesome so I'm stoked you get to meet cx

Anyways, to the point: There's the saying "Once an addict, always an addict" for a reason T.T It gets MUCH easier over time and the more you stay away from it, but it's the staying away that makes a problem. The important thing is to stay close to God, remember just how awful and below you drugs are/what they did to your life and body (the Bible says to "violently attack" sin that you are trying to escape. You can't attack an addiction unless you despise it, trust me) and you have to have good friends/family who know what you're going through and can be there to support and counsel you :3

Drugs ruin lives, not just yours, but millions of innocent kid's. Don't personalize the addiction, think of it globally. When you feel the urge, think of all the kids OD'ing themselves, all the girls lead to prostitution by it, and all the things it could do to YOUR children. Think of it as the wicked and evil device that it is, until you couldn't hate the thought of it more. Now, that won't get rid of withdrawals nor will it stop it from getting into your head and almost taking you over when you crave it, but it will help you resist. Again, stay close to God. We are called to be "MORE than conquerors through Christ Jesus" and He says that He will "lead us besides still waters". These aren't empty promises, and while you can't get high on Jesus or replace the hole with Him, He will be sure to give you the strength you need every time. Finally, stray from dwelling in it and have a good friend circle. If you hang around rehab sites or listen to music about drugs (positive or negative) 24/7, it will always be on your mind and make it much easier to get to you. That's like circling a mouse trap to try to avoid accidentally taking the cheese. And a good friend circle will support you. That you can text or message when you're weak and who will tell you how much better you are then that and get you through the rough times.

Drugs are never easy to overcome, but are ALWAYS beatable. When Brian Welch (deemed "the head of rock") found Jesus, he was addicted to NUMEROUS drugs. So he locked himself in a hotel room for a week with food, water, and a Bible. No matter how deep in you are, you can win. But you'll never win if you don't invest all you have in the struggle

Guest Mike Spero

What are your opinions on drug abuse?

Also, if a Christian is struggling with staying away from such things and prayer isn't enough. What should they do?

As for the prayer thing (and I know we've talked about this before love, but I'll say it again :3) God will never "snap His fingers and make it all go away", no matter how wonderful that would be. Think of if He answered everyone's prayers, wouldn't no one struggle with anything? God never promises an easy will, but He does promise lots of struggling. He'll give you what you need, make no mistake. But He won't just fix it all, for anyone. People believe too much in the "power of prayer." Yes, it has a power, but not the way we want it to. This discourages Christians when they feel their prayer has no answer, but think, "Who have you ever heard say: I prayed and my drug addiction went away :D ?" That leads to feeling abandoned by God, when really: He's giving you everything you need. Just don't expect an easy victory from this huge snare, but instead a tireless and glorious one. He is there for you, but don't put expectations on Him that He can't fulfill, for anyone. Instead, thank Him for His grace, and for every victory :3

Even still, don't discount prayer. Sometimes it even helps just to get on your knees and know you're talking to a God who loves you perfectly and knows even the neurons firing in your brain that are making you feel such horrible withdrawals. It gives you a sense of peace to know you're cared for by someone that powerful, and reminds you that however difficult it is, He'll get you out :3

Can I pray for you two? c:

Very rarely does God take things away in a blink of an eye. When you struggle, taken it as a complement. That means you're a threat to the devil and he wants you gone. Plus, God's not going to give you anything you cannot handle. You're a big girl Moth. You totally got this. Pshh.

Edited by GodslilGirl

Guest Mike Spero

Very rarely does God take things away in a blink of an eye. When you struggle, taken it as a complement. That means you're a threat to the devil and he wants you gone. Plus, God's not going to give you anything you cannot handle. You're a big girl Moth. You totally got this. Pshh.

Also, I'd recommend not making the mistake that every struggle comes from the Devil. There is one Lucifer, and he is not omnipresent like God is, so he could only bug one person at a time. Same with the demons, many speculate there are about 800,000 demons, (from Jesus talking about the "thousand legions of angels" and a Roman Legion being about 1600 men at the time; divided by two to find a rough number of the third of all angels that fell :o) so they also cannot mess with everyone at once. Drug addictions come from mental deficiencies and cravings after exposure to substances that cause a harmful release of chemicals, not a demon's finger in your skull. Demons cannot even oppress Christians without God's permission or us letting them in with unrepentant sin, so I wouldn't go as far as to say "your withdrawals come because the devil is scared of you". Even still, if he's not scared of you two, he should be :P

And it's been what, half a year since you've done drugs, Kaycee? You totally got this ^.^

Guest Mike Spero

Yeah I saw on her profile. She's totally my new online Bestie xP

Haha awesome! :33

Oh noI wasn't saying that. I just know for a fact that once you leave something behind, sometimes the devil(meaning everything not just the actual devil) will try to draw you back in. I wonder how many actually demons there are and if God is still creating angels.

Also, I'd recommend not making the mistake that every struggle comes from the Devil. There is one Lucifer, and he is not omnipresent like God is, so he could only bug one person at a time. Same with the demons, many speculate there are about 800,000 demons, (from Jesus talking about the "thousand legions of angels" and a Roman Legion being about 1600 men at the time; divided by two to find a rough number of the third of all angels that fell :o) so they also cannot mess with everyone at once. Drug addictions come from mental deficiencies and cravings after exposure to substances that cause a harmful release of chemicals, not a demon's finger in your skull. Demons cannot even oppress Christians without God's permission or us letting them in with unrepentant sin, so I wouldn't go as far as to say "your withdrawals come because the devil is scared of you". Even still, if he's not scared of you two, he should be :P

And it's been what, half a year since you've done drugs, Kaycee? You totally got this ^.^

\m/

Guest Mike Spero

Oh noI wasn't saying that. I just know for a fact that once you leave something behind, sometimes the devil(meaning everything not just the actual devil) will try to draw you back in. I wonder how many actually demons there are and if God is still creating angels.

Oh, alright cx I still wonder that too. I'm pretty sure it's ROUGHLY around 800,000 demons and 1,600,000 angels ^.^

\m/

I don't know that emoticon cx

Drug abuse is bad.

If you struggle with it, I strongly recommend rehab above all else. Pray after you're checked in.

Guest Mike Spero

Yet how many addicts get clean in regards to how many attend rehab? It's the easiest, but not only or best option in many scenarios

Yeahh rehab doesn't make the decision. The person does. You can go to rehab and never get better. Not saying you should completely throw the suggestion out the window but, do what's best for you.

Guest Mike Spero

Yeahh rehab doesn't make the decision. The person does. You can go to rehab and never get better. Not saying you should completely throw the suggestion out the window but, do what's best for you.

QFT^^^

Maybe you should try a 12 step program like Narcotics Anonymous. It's a program that's based on letting God into your life and letting Him change your soul, even though you'll always be an addict, it's a helpful support group. From what I understand being able to talk about your past experiences around people who understand. You and Mike (whether he's done drugs or not) could even go together. They don't force people to share who don't want to, and are usually low-pressure places. 

Guest Mike Spero

Maybe you should try a 12 step program like Narcotics Anonymous. It's a program that's based on letting God into your life and letting Him change your soul, even though you'll always be an addict, it's a helpful support group. From what I understand being able to talk about your past experiences around people who understand. You and Mike (whether he's done drugs or not) could even go together. They don't force people to share who don't want to, and are usually low-pressure places. 

That's a good idea. It's just this time of year when things get rough for her :c

That's a good idea. It's just this time of year when things get rough for her :c

I'll remember to give an extra prayer for her then.

Guest Mike Spero

I'll remember to give an extra prayer for her then.

Thank you c: Any way I can pray for you? :3

Guest Mike Spero

Will do! Um, I'm getting a job soon and I feel God has a great calling for my life; so I'm horrified of being lost in the "job cycle" and wasting all the gifts He has given me without helping people like I could. So I guess, wisdom and knowledge that God will set me on my path? :3 Oh, and to be a perfect husband too. I pray for that at least daily cx