Sign in to follow this  
SamoX19

Assassin's Creed: UNITY

Anyone excited for the new AC title? I've already got my copy preordered.

How do you rank the Assassin's Creed titles?

Here's my ranking:

6. ASSASSINS CREED III

5. ASSASSINS CREED

4. ASSASSINS CREED II

3. ASSASSINS CREED BROTHERHOOD

2. ASSASSINS CREED REVELATIONS

1. ASSASSINS CREED BLACK FLAG

Guest Mike Spero

I'm actually thinking of getting into the AC series and purchasing either III or Black Flag tomorrow. From your list, it seems a little like you would recommend Black Flag more xp

Anyways, I've seen the Unity trailer, it looked AWESOME. Like most trailers, it didn't seem to expose too much of what the gameplay will actually be like (though I'm sure there was a gameplay reveal that I haven't seen) but I loved it. My only worry would be that they're going to start losing the realism of the game. Assassin's Creed has a beauty to the crowd combat sequences that is both realistic and invigorating, and I swear to God if they make it another Call Of Duty-sort of: "One versus one thousand at a time" thing, then they killed it. Assassin's Creed has always been great with what it does and managing these large-scale fights, but if the trailer was an accurate representation of the amount of people surrounding you at one time; I can't see how this isn't either going to operate on blind luck or Dynasty Warriors-esque mechanics. I'm hoping that part of the trailer was just for the trailer, and a game about assassins will not in fact literally want you to jump into a mob of hundreds like a moron. I know one of the Black Flag videos included a huge barfight, but at least that had a large note of realism.

I think it looks great, that would honestly just be my one worry about this game :3

I'm actually thinking of getting into the AC series and purchasing either III or Black Flag tomorrow. From your list, it seems a little like you would recommend Black Flag more xp

Anyways, I've seen the Unity trailer, it looked AWESOME. Like most trailers, it didn't seem to expose too much of what the gameplay will actually be like (though I'm sure there was a gameplay reveal that I haven't seen) but I loved it. My only worry would be that they're going to start losing the realism of the game. Assassin's Creed has a beauty to the crowd combat sequences that is both realistic and invigorating, and I swear to God if they make it another Call Of Duty-sort of: "One versus one thousand at a time" thing, then they killed it. Assassin's Creed has always been great with what it does and managing these large-scale fights, but if the trailer was an accurate representation of the amount of people surrounding you at one time; I can't see how this isn't either going to operate on blind luck or Dynasty Warriors-esque mechanics. I'm hoping that part of the trailer was just for the trailer, and a game about assassins will not in fact literally want you to jump into a mob of hundreds like a moron. I know one of the Black Flag videos included a huge barfight, but at least that had a large note of realism.

I think it looks great, that would honestly just be my one worry about this game :3

They're actually taking a more stealth approach. Fighting large groups of people is bad. They devs have been quoted as saying, "More than 5? You're dead." in reference to how many people an assassin can fight in public in this game.

If you go to GameStop, they have an AC Bundle of I-III (including Brotherhood and Revelations) for $23. Black Flag is down to $30 now I believe.

Guest Mike Spero

That's good, the trailer was a lie then cx

Haven't played Rev and Black Flag.

1. Brotherhood
2. ACIII (Because Haytham. Even if they ruin him a bit)
3. ACII
4. AC

To be honest... I tried but I don't like them. so many of the levels can be completed using the same tactics. They're very pwerdy to run through but the stories and hand-holdy nature gets irritating fast. The Assassins are jerks, yo.

Sooo yeah, probably won't bother with Unity and the whole silliness over female characters further cements my disdain for Ubisoft. Even other devs have confirmed that it's not that hard or pricey to make a female character model and if it is, then there's something seriously wrong with how they work.

Haven't played Rev and Black Flag.

1. Brotherhood

2. ACIII (Because Haytham. Even if they ruin him a bit)

3. ACII

4. AC

To be honest... I tried but I don't like them. so many of the levels can be completed using the same tactics. They're very pwerdy to run through but the stories and hand-holdy nature gets irritating fast. The Assassins are jerks, yo.

Sooo yeah, probably won't bother with Unity and the whole silliness over female characters further cements my disdain for Ubisoft. Even other devs have confirmed that it's not that hard or pricey to make a female character model and if it is, then there's something seriously wrong with how they work.

Eh, in the words of Bo Burnham, "The world's so sad, bros. Pain, genocide, war, racism, sexism. But I gotta remember there's good things about it too. Like the fact that none of that's happening to me, score!"

Guest Mike Spero

After getting Black Flag and (just now cx) receiving full-sync and finishing all Abstergo challenges, I can say these are what I would want fixed:

I hope Unity has less story-emphasis on any sort of mythical aspect. I know Juno and alike are big trademarks, and I DO NOT think they should be forsaken, but I'd like a little less emphasis on them. Perhaps in current-day it would stay more prevalent but in assassin recollections it would be more of an easter-egg system to find anything with semblance to it? I would prefer the entire assassin's story to not be pointed in that direction like in Black Flag.

It's fun to sneak around all Splinter Cell-like, and it's fun to run around taking everyone's heads off. From the start of Black Flag, the game seemed to go more like: "You can EASILY take down a crowd of twenty or thirty, or... you know, you could sneak around like you're supposed to if you want...." I'd like it if the game emphasized sneaking more than just trailing targets, and also gave you game moments where you triumphantly get to kill anything that moves.

A less flawed protagonist would be nice. Edward seemed kinda like: "I love money! :D So bye wife! I'm off to become a pirate who kills random people for their stuff, betrays organizations I don't even know, and buy a brothel on my island so I can become a pimp! :D" I'd like more of an option to be who you want to be, and not be forced to put up with Edward's money-driven bull all through the game.

Multiplayer needs to be better. A mode where everyone looks alike, you offer customization but in the smallest possible amounts, you actually expect people to play the game non-stop from the second they get it to reach crazy-high prestiges, and that offers boring and repetitive gameplay IS NOT entertaining. Don't get me wrong, the AC multiplayer is more than decent, but when added to a game with insanely fun single-player it pales and become pitiable. Either get rid of multiplayer or make it fun enough that it can stand next to single player.

Remove the necessity for community play in single-player. No one wants to sail in circles for days just to find three royal convoys and get full-sync >.<

Offer more customization for the main character and his weapons :3 Also allow some semblance of choice into the story. Maybe use some bs that the memory gets blurry there and you have to choose what the main character did to remain synced, but either option you choose is presented as the "right one" and effects the story. Choice in a game with the illusion of linearity is the utter opposite of what makes every other game decision seem meaningless and would be a great idea, if you ask me. Also don't require the main character to become a pimp to achieve full-sync. Just don't 3:<

Other than that, I thought Black Flag was wonderful and would like Unity kept the same besides the points I mentioned. I really can't wait for it to come out OwO

Edited by Mike Spero

I agree for the most part. I thought Kenway was fantastic. He wanted the riches to provide for his family. Flawed protagonists are great.

The mystical element is a huge trademark of the series. I love it. I thought it was brilliantly executed in black flag. It felt like Tomb Raider.

Guest Mike Spero

I agree for the most part. I thought Kenway was fantastic. He wanted the riches to provide for his family. Flawed protagonists are great.

The mystical element is a huge trademark of the series. I love it. I thought it was brilliantly executed in black flag. It felt like Tomb Raider.

That's a personal disagreement of mine. I know it's not bad at all to have a "flawed protagonist", and a perfect one would be annoying as all heck. I love inner struggle and showing one's humanity, but the protagonists that just seem too far into "villain" status really disappoint me. Again, I'm not saying that was wrong with the game. Some people LOVE flawed protagonists and they seem to add more depth than most. But there's the other half (like me) who wants every protagonist to be Spiderman c,x

I know it's huge, and I was thinking: "Is this Tomb Raider??" on the first island where you have to climb the tower cx I still dislike it to the extent that it leads the story. I think it would be better if the focus was more tangible, though like I said: I know it's a trademark and would hate if they removed it. I just don't want the story to be pointed to it. Though that's more of a personal opinion, again, and it in no way would ruin Unity if it wasn't changed :3

Edited by Mike Spero

I find it strange how it basically turns out in 3 that the templars were in a way more right than the assassins and yet they're still the villains and most of the time have no redeeming features. The games seem to try and be morally grey while also playing into the lone hero power fantasy where you vanquish evil but even if you're flawed you're still the person everything revolves around. Like with wonderful Haytham, great yet difficult character to begin with, plot twist it and then he's a completely bland, evil person with all his charm stripped from him so that you root for Connor.

*goes back under bridge to scare away young innocents* 

Guest Mike Spero

I find it strange how it basically turns out in 3 that the templars were in a way more right than the assassins and yet they're still the villains and most of the time have no redeeming features. The games seem to try and be morally grey while also playing into the lone hero power fantasy where you vanquish evil but even if you're flawed you're still the person everything revolves around. Like with wonderful Haytham, great yet difficult character to begin with, plot twist it and then he's a completely bland, evil person with all his charm stripped from him so that you root for Connor.

I totally agree. The whole message of Black Flag seemed a lot like:

Good guys:

Kenway: Selfish for money

Pirates: Lived to use women, get drunk, kill random people, and make money

Assassins: ANARCHY!!! :DDDD

Bad guys:

Templars: Selfish for wanting to rule (a perfect world they sought to create for all mankind)

I think the Templars were idiots too. You can't restrict mankind's free-will, nor can you make a perfect world. But their own lust for rule and naivety aside, at least they also wanted to help the people around them. I played the whole game wishing I could join the Templars or at least oppose everyone cx

Edited by Mike Spero

I still thought Haytham was well written to the end. He loved his son, but demanded order from the world above all else. His mission is what mattered.

I totally agree. The whole message of Black Flag seemed a lot like:

Good guys:

Kenway: Selfish for money

Pirates: Lived to use women, get drunk, kill random people, and make money

Assassins: ANARCHY!!! :DDDD

Bad guys:

Templars: Selfish for wanting to rule (a perfect world they sought to create for all mankind)

I think the Templars were idiots too. You can't restrict mankind's free-will, nor can you make a perfect world. But their own lust for rule and naivety aside, at least they also wanted to help the people around them. I played the whole game wishing I could join the Templars or at least oppose everyone cx

I see it a bit differently.

Kenway: Misguided, but wants to provide for his family at all costs.

Pirates: Anarchists. The sea and it's people are to be ruled by no one.

Templars: The world needs rulers. Order MUST be established at all costs.

Assassins: Psuedo-anarchy. Rulers may be needed, but not at the cost of freedom.

I don't think I've ever hated any AC game. Instead of disliking

AC3 like most, I thought it was great, a but off at times, but great.

After playing 3.5 it added to one of my favorites. Also I found the multiplayer

selection in AC3 was better then most. I always used the independent 

Indian.

AC4 multi player characters started to die down in skills and advantages.

The game itself was fun, on land and in water. All time favorite is still 

going to be the 3.5 Liberations. I have yet to play Rogue. (does that even

count?)

Have you played the newest installment yet? Syndicate ^^