hailstorm

16 and Never Been Kissed

Is it a bad thing that I'm 16 and have never been kissed? :wub:  I really want that special relationship with someone - someone who really understands me and my boundaries. Should I go out and try to find the person God has put me on this Earth to be with? Or should I sit back and let God's hand guide me throughout the next few years of my life? 

I am honestly very shy when it comes to meeting new people (especially guys), so the latter is preferred by yours truly. :rolleyes:

Guest Mike Spero

It depends. God doesn't say "Get married ASAP!" or to wait as long as you can, really. But it is made clear, however, that the goal of relationship is to have the perfect union of marriage. I wouldn't recommend searching for someone unless you really need that union right now, but instead keep your eyes open until you may stumble across that person that you truly want to and will spend forever with. I met my fiancee a week after I turned sixteen, and before that I had saved myself and abstained from relationships as well. Let me tell you, nothing is better than knowing you'll never kiss or even hold hands with anyone but the love of your existence; so it's GREAT that you're like that. Trust me, you're doing it right :3

I'm 23 and have never been kissed.  There's no shame in it whatsoever.   Meet people for sure! But, do it as a search for friends, not so much searching for "the one". Let God do that.

Sadly I have been kissed a couple of times...but yeah...wait for da one girl! It's so worth it. (^.^)

I'm 21 and I've never been kissed. I crave that relationship too, just make sure that you aren't putting that pressure on every guy you meet. It's not fair to either of you, even though it's easy to let your mind over react at every cute guy that passes by

I think God will lead you to the right guy, but make sure you're meeting people. God can't guide you if you're standing still.

I have been kissed, and trust me, if it's with someone you don't really care for, it's nowhere near all it's cracked up to be. In the end it's up to you, but I think it's totally worth waiting. No use in disappointing yourself.

I kiss like a moose grazing on some over fertilized flowers. Mind you, moose bites kan be pretti nasti.

But it's ok if you've never been kissed. When you do meet someone that you think you're ready to be with, you'll enjoy it a lot more. Plus, you don't have any bad experiences involving kissing thus far and avoiding that in itself is worth the wait. 

Edited by Zhouburn

I kiss like a moose grazing on some over fertilized flowers. 

This made my day. haha

But it's ok if you've never been kissed. When you do meet someone that you think you're ready to be with, you'll enjoy it a lot more. Plus, you don't have any bad experiences involving kissing thus far and avoiding that in itself is worth the wait.

I know that some people wait until they are married to kiss. Seems like a good idea.

I AGREE! its the most perfect idea.. ever.. :)

Glad to agree. It's old-fashioned, but it's great. :)

I know that some people wait until they are married to kiss. Seems like a good idea.

I never understood the rationale behind that, to tell the truth.

Me neither

Guest Mike Spero

It's actually a rather vicious cycle

Love = Kissing > Being Close > More And Harder Kissing > "Oh Lord, forgive us our sin of fornication, this day"

TT.TT

That's a slippery slope argument. .holding hands/kissing does not necessarily lead to the sin of fornication. Self-control still exists.

Kissing can be great, or it can be rubbish. Kinda depends on the people, the situation etc. Lack of kissing isn't going to kill you, and it's not the be-all-and-end-all. You're only 16- you've got time. 

I kiss like a moose grazing on some over fertilized flowers. Mind you, moose bites kan be pretti nasti.

You're the best. 

Guest JAG

Glad to agree. It's old-fashioned, but it's great. :)

It's not old fashioned....It's a new fashion.

Don't let that you have never been kissed at 16 bother you ever. Kissing someone for me that I was not going to spend my life with was not that great  looking back. Although at the time the relationship had great potential looking back now I wish I saved it for a engagement or similar.  Sure kissing is not a big deal like sex but its still special to me.

Sit back and enjoy being single while it lasts. Singleness is over very quickly and has its advantages.

I'm 18 and have never been kissed.  There's no shame in it whatsoever.   Meet people for sure! But, do it as a search for friends, not so much searching for "the one". Let God do that. from morocc :) 

I'm 15 and it seems like there is noone my age

^ From http://www.christianteenforums.com/index.php?/topic/72203-is-there-noone-my-age-on-here/#entry1875443

Hmm...

___

As for never being kissed, I am also 16 and have never been kissed nor have I kissed someone (except for this one time when I was like 4, but lets not talk about that) It's not something I really care about though, so maybe I'm not the best person to be answering. 

Now kissing is an interesting topic to me. As an actor, I've been around stage kisses. Lot's of them. There isn't any emotion involved in it, it's acting. But then in the real world, you have emotions and hormones. Now I'm not saying kissing is bad, it's just a kiss. But there is always going to be hormones and emotions involved. If you are a christian who aims to avoid that kind of thing, getting too passionate in a kiss could be a not good thing. If you can control yourself, get with the spit swapping, just be classy about it.

It is not logical to feel embarrassed or shamed because of something that is not inherently shameful. What exactly have you done wrong? If nothing, how could it be a bad thing?

I'm older than most CTF members and I've never been kissed either...

It's fine. :)

You certainly don't want to kiss someone just for the sake of it; that's pointless.

:starwars:

It is not logical to feel embarrassed or shamed because of something that is not inherently shameful. What exactly have you done wrong? If nothing, how could it be a bad thing?

If romance is your goal and you're failing to achieve it, it's only natural to feel badly. Trying to logic around that is silly.

Guest Mike Spero

If romance is your goal and you're failing to achieve it, it's only natural to feel badly. Trying to logic around that is silly.

Wait, there are still people on this site who don't "logic around" everything? cx

34q4w82.jpg

Edited by Mike Spero