Ambitious Women (The Struggles They Face)

Guest JAG

"The fairer sex accounts for the majority of college graduates(1), the majority of Christian missionaries(2), and even though women are still not equally represented in the political sphere, their representation has doubled worldwide in less than 10 years(3). In the last 6 years, the only privately held businesses (sector) to have a net-increase in employment were majority-owned by women(4). Currently, the CEOs of Pepsi, General Motors, IBM, and even Lockheed Martin, are all women. There seems to be a growing trend of ambitious women looking to make a difference in the world."

Linky: https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140718143114-161842817-ambitious-women-the-struggles-they-face?trk=mp-details-rr-rmpost

My opinion is in the article.  What's yours?

Does this mean that author was you?

Yes. Linkedin asked me to publish an article a bit ago, so I made one on When to Fire a Client which has been shared 50 times :D

I decided I'd keep on publishing for a while.

"This is the most discriminatory article against men I have ever read. But absolutely 100 % true. Women will take control of politics and most business in the next 10 years. Women outwork men these days. Period. We men had our day. With that said, It will be difficult days with Hillary as President starting in 2016. She is not what this country needs. I hope and pray another woman will rise to the top before the 2016 election heats up. What about Jan Brewer in Arizona. Now there is an American!"

- Commenter 

You have a very interesting resumé. You definitely have that all-American entrepreneurial spirit! Good for you!

Thanks!  It's fun...and difficult, but the difficulty makes it more fun sometimes.

Guest Mike Spero

"Men work harder than women!" "No, women work harder than men!" Blah, blah, blabbity-fricking blah.

My thoughts on any claims towards one gender are basically:

16gbds4.jpg

"Men work harder than women!" "No, women work harder than men!" Blah, blah, blabbity-fricking blah.

My thoughts on any claims towards one gender are basically:

16gbds4.jpg

What do you think of the facts in the opening paragraph?

They are filling roles that have been traditionally reserved for me. Which is fine, and wonderful for them (I'm not being sarcastic), but I do wonder how many of those promotions to CEO and the like were a result of affirmative action and not regular cutthroat competition. Some of those, like the missionary, I understand, due to women's ability to empathize with people more.

Also, your name: James Thayer - it even sounds like movie producer. :) God definitely did have plans for you! :)

Guest Mike Spero

To paraphrase:

"Let me open with a sexist claim at women being more fair than men, then add that most college graduates are women, as are the majority of Christian missionaries; but not give any percentages or credible information to back this up. Our political system is obviously still in the 1700s (which it's not), but they have twice as much power in the last ten years, though again: this can't be proven. In the last 6 years, "the only privately held businesses (sector) to have a net-increase in employment were majority-owned by women", which would be a great point if I backed it up. And currently, four CEOs are women!!"

How in the heck does this (even if it was backed-up) prove women are harder-working than men? Shall we go find out how many more male statistics are growing as well? It's nothing more than a sexist ploy to single out a few points where, God bless, women are doing better than they were in the past; then acting like this proves anything about either sex. These facts do not show any form of superiority. We should be looking to put the value of the sexes on equal ground, not to praise women for "finally overcoming the once-ist world" just to swap and start trying to place them above men. Men can be awesome workers or plain lazy, just like women can be as well. No sex is superior to another, so the sooner we stop taking these facts and turning "women are finally getting what they deserve :3" to "FEMALES ARE HARDER WORKING AND SO MUCH MORE AWESOME THAN MEN! HOORAY FOR IGNORANCE :D", the better things will go.

So in short, if what he wrote is true: I'm ecstatic for the fact that women are finally getting equal treatment. However, this should never be equated to women being better than men, or any other form of ignorance.

To paraphrase:

"Let me open with a sexist claim at women being more fair than men, then add that most college graduates are women, as are the majority of Christian missionaries; but not give any percentages or credible information to back this up. Our political system is obviously still in the 1700s (which it's not), but they have twice as much power in the last ten years, though again: this can't be proven. In the last 6 years, "the only privately held businesses (sector) to have a net-increase in employment were majority-owned by women", which would be a great point if I backed it up. And currently, four CEOs are women!!"

How in the heck does this (even if it was backed-up) prove women are harder-working than men? Shall we go find out how many more male statistics are growing as well? It's nothing more than a sexist ploy to single out a few points where, God bless, women are doing better than they were in the past; then acting like this proves anything about either sex. These facts do not show any form of superiority. We should be looking to put the value of the sexes on equal ground, not to praise women for "finally overcoming the once-ist world" just to swap and start trying to place them above men. Men can be awesome workers or plain lazy, just like women can be as well. No sex is superior to another, so the sooner we stop taking these facts and turning "women are finally getting what they deserve :3" to "FEMALES ARE HARDER WORKING AND SO MUCH MORE AWESOME THAN MEN! HOORAY FOR IGNORANCE :D", the better things will go.

So in short, if what he wrote is true: I'm ecstatic for the fact that women are finally getting equal treatment. However, this should never be equated to women being better than men, or any other form of ignorance.

Woah, man, you need to see the (#s) reference sources at the bottom of the article which directly back up the assertions made in that opening paragraph.  Please check them out and then come back and discuss.

They are filling roles that have been traditionally reserved for me. Which is fine, and wonderful for them (I'm not being sarcastic), but I do wonder how many of those promotions to CEO and the like were a result of affirmative action and not regular cutthroat competition. Some of those, like the missionary, I understand, due to women's ability to empathize with people more.

Also, your name: James Thayer - it even sounds like movie producer. :) God definitely did have plans for you! :)

Yeah, that's a good point.  I think there is an issue with affirmative action.  At the same time, corporations have a board of directors who are supposed to be going to bat for their investors, so you'd hope that even with affirmative action taking place in their mind (to put a good political face on the company) they are still taking care of business as usual.  I'd say they would have to be.

Hah, thanks man!

I'm not an "ambitious woman". It's not that I won't be finding a good job (whatever I go into) and all that. But I just want to make a decent living, not climb the business ladder. But even if I did it's not like I'd have to juggle kids and family life. I feel like our society today makes women think they can "have it all", when really nobody can. She can be the perfect mother always there for her kids and the very successful business woman with big career ambitions. I'm not saying it can't happen, but to treat it as the norm isn't realistic. One will have to take priority over the other. At the same time men aren't seen as being able to "have it all". Which leads me to the conclusion that our modern American society is quite women-centered and even matriarchal. People may hate me for saying, but it's the truth. At the same job a married women is given more preference to go home when her children are a little sick than a married men with a quite sick child (I'm speaking from personal experince). Women's business jobs are tailored around getting more time off because of children. I could go on about this a lot longer.

It's not by any means impossible for a woman with children to have successful business job. Not in the least, but it will take sacrifice (one way or another). But contrary to how American Feminists and politicians (both on the Right and Left) talk women not becoming CEOs at the same rate at men is not a matter of sexism. If it was a matter of women being treated exactly the same as men we would probably not have as many women CEOs. It's because of women with children putting their families ahead of their careers that we don't have more female CEOs. But if a woman marries a man who's willing to be a stay-at-home dad then that's a different story. Or of course if she's not going to have kids for whatever reason. But if soceity's more open to women taking on high business jobs, then society has to be more open to men being the one who takes care of the kids. 

They are filling roles that have been traditionally reserved for me. Which is fine, and wonderful for them (I'm not being sarcastic), but I do wonder how many of those promotions to CEO and the like were a result of affirmative action and not regular cutthroat competition.

Yeah, that still sometimes happens (unfortunately). My sister works for a staffing company, businesses hire staffing companies to find people to give interviews to see if they'd work for said business, And one guy who was CEO of a business wanted as many women to be hired as men, nevermind that there were a few men who were more qualified for that specific job (which I might add isn't always the case). Because "he has daughters and wants to see them succeed". Which I think is so ridiculous. Women need to succeed by doing what's required, not by being spoonfed. I find it sexist mostly against men, but also women, to give women preference for a job.

Yeah, that still sometimes happens (unfortunately). My sister works for a staffing company, businesses hire staffing companies to find people to give interviews to see if they'd work for said business, And one guy who was CEO of a business wanted as many women to be hired as men, nevermind that there were a few men who were more qualified for that specific job (which I might add isn't always the case). Because "he has daughters and wants to see them succeed". Which I think is so ridiculous. Women need to succeed by doing what's required, not by being spoonfed. I find it sexist mostly against men, but also women, to give women preference for a job.

It's also illegal to hire based on sex :-/

It's not by any means impossible for a woman with children to have successful business job. Not in the least, but it will take sacrifice (one way or another). But contrary to how American Feminists and politicians (both on the Right and Left) talk women not becoming CEOs at the same rate at men is not a matter of sexism. If it was a matter of women being treated exactly the same as men we would probably not have as many women CEOs. It's because of women with children putting their families ahead of their careers that we don't have more female CEOs. But if a woman marries a man who's willing to be a stay-at-home dad then that's a different story. Or of course if she's not going to have kids for whatever reason. But if soceity's more open to women taking on high business jobs, then society has to be more open to men being the one who takes care of the kids. 

Liberals hate it, but this has been proven:

http://healthland.time.com/2013/11/11/ten-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-gender-gap/ (Read point number two there.)

http://womensissues.about.com/od/womenintheworkforce/a/GenderPayGapClosing.htm This article has even more optimistic information and projections.

And no Wikipedia or partisan websites. It can be done.

Guest Mike Spero

Woah, man, you need to see the (#s) reference sources at the bottom of the article which directly back up the assertions made in that opening paragraph.  Please check them out and then come back and discuss.

You asked me to read the opening paragraph, I never made it that far cx

Like I said in my reply, I'm happy that those are true :3 But it in no way proves female superiority

Guest Mike Spero

As far as I can find, no one is saying it does.

"This is the most discriminatory article against men I have ever read. But absolutely 100 % true. Women will take control of politics and most business in the next 10 years. Women outwork men these days. Period."

Guest Mike Spero

...so you're arguing against the person who wrote the article...because of something that someone commented on it?...

That comment was reposted here by someone who agrees. The comment is what I'm going against. I have yet to read the full article, though if that's too be trusted: It will be so discriminatory that I will facepalm a hole in my skull... So I'm choosing to stray from it :P

Guest Mike Spero

Outworking has nothing to do at all with superiority.

It makes you a superior worker. And if women will "take over" our equally-opportune culture, that is saying that they deserve to and will be above men

It makes you a superior worker. And if women will "take over" our equally-opportune culture, that is saying that they deserve to and will be above men

If that's the case, I'm superior to my wife, and my brother is superior to me, because Ashley is unemployed and Zack has a harder job than me.

And no one said anything about whether women deserve control or not.