Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAG

Ambitious Women (The Struggles They Face)

Guest Mike Spero

If that's the case, I'm superior to my wife, and my brother is superior to me, because Ashley is unemployed and Zack has a harder job than me.

And no one said anything about whether women deserve control or not.

That's the point though, no one can judge how hard of a worker one is unless someone is incredibly devoted or slothful. You certainly cannot tell if a gender is harder working, either.

Again, referring to the comment that was posted

That's the point though, no one can judge how hard of a worker one is unless someone is incredibly devoted or slothful. You certainly cannot tell if a gender is harder working, either.

Since when, says who, and why? If you happen to be sitting down while I am picking up a plate, I am definitely working harder than you are. But how does that make me superior?

Since when, says who, and why? If you happen to be sitting down while I am picking up a plate, I am definitely working harder than you are. But how does that make me superior?

I think small cases like that are not what's meant.

Guest Mike Spero

If we were bus-boys at a restaurant and I was always sitting down while you gathered plates, that makes you of superior character in that area. The Bible itself makes a big deal out of men not being slothful

That comment was reposted here by someone who agrees. The comment is what I'm going against. I have yet to read the full article, though if that's too be trusted: It will be so discriminatory that I will facepalm a hole in my skull... So I'm choosing to stray from it :P

I'm not sure it was posted because he agreed; it was a pretty funny comment. The article isn't very long, you could read it in less than two minutes. And it's not "discriminatory" at all, it's conclusion is a philosophical question of what is a proper balance of priorities. Aside from the one comment there is no gender prejudice. 

Edited by Ananas

Guest JAG

Hey everyone, that article is going viral!  Three days later and it has 770 shares and almost 5,000 views :D  There's also about 50 comments.

How you could take that as saying the article proves anything is completely unfathomable.

Edit: to Mike Spero. I accidentallied.

Edited by afriendlyatheist

My two cents: so much of the feminist movement wants to turn women into perfect little capitalists.

This

Hey, the numbers don't lie. Looking at this from a purely sociological perspective, After decades of oppression doors have opened to women that were formerly closed, and women aren't taking them for granted. Meanwhile, men who have had certain privalages all along, do take things like a college education and career opportunities for granted. I know an unacceptable number of 30-something year old men who are "working on the bachelors degree" but have been going at it more than 6 years, aren't working, and still live at home. The man-boy syndrome is a growing phenomenon and worries single women my age.

However, I wouldn't say it's a matter of superiority at all. It's simply a reaction to changing circumstances. While more women are graduating with a 4year college degree, look at what those degrees are in. You will see a lot of education, behavioral sciences, health care, etc. professions that are more in line with the stereotypical gender roles you expect women to fill. Very nurturing and caring. Meanwhile more men are enrolling in tech schools learning a more practical trade, once again in line with typical gender roles. They lean towards being providers and these days a trade can be much more valuable than a 4-year degree.

Anyhow just my random thoughts on that subject.

Guest JAG

Then how are those quotas for women legal?

#government

Although, occasionally a board of directors will set up their own diversity quotas.  It's actually really strange because when I interview people it's illegal for me to ask any of the following:

How old are you?

What race are you?

What religion do you follow?

What sex are you?

etc.  YET, you get hammered if your staff is mono-toned, hah.  It's like you have to hire based on those traits even though you're not allowed to.

Edited by JAG

Liberals hate it, but this has been proven:

http://healthland.time.com/2013/11/11/ten-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-gender-gap/ (Read point number two there.)

http://womensissues.about.com/od/womenintheworkforce/a/GenderPayGapClosing.htm This article has even more optimistic information and projections.

And no Wikipedia or partisan websites. It can be done.

Very interesting!

YET, you get hammered if your staff is mono-toned, hah.  It's like you have to hire based on those traits even though you're not allowed to.

The world can be a funny place.