Sign in to follow this  
Diakonos

Operation: Protective Edge

This is the crusades all over again. Christians and Jews against Muslims. It may not be about religion for us, but it is for them. *Sigh.* When will this madness end?

This is the crusades all over again. Christians and Jews against Muslims. It may not be about religion for us, but it is for them. *Sigh.* When will this madness end?

I honestly would look at this from a Biblical perspective. Depending on whether or not you view Israel as Israel or the Church as Israel, that is. Nevertheless it is a sad situation all around. The madness won't end for us (the Bride) until we are 'caught up'. Oh, how I long for that Day more and more..

I honestly would look at this from a Biblical perspective. Depending on whether or not you view Israel as Israel or the Church as Israel, that is. Nevertheless it is a sad situation all around. The madness won't end for us (the Bride) until we are 'caught up'. Oh, how I long for that Day more and more..

Unfortunately, neither side is willing to negotiate or even compromise, as both are led by hawks.

Unfortunately, neither side is willing to negotiate or even compromise, as both are led by hawks.

Yup. I do agree with Netanyahu, however. I would have done the exact same thing in his position. If a militant group is firing missiles onto 40% of my country, of course I'm gonna fire back and uproot the antagonist.

Yup. I do agree with Netanyahu, however. I would have done the exact same thing in his position. If a militant group is firing missiles onto 40% of my country, of course I'm gonna fire back and uproot the antagonist.

I don't disagree with him either. Maybe he should stop destroying Palestinian homes, though... Israel is not exactly vindicated.

I don't disagree with him either. Maybe he should stop destroying Palestinian homes, though... Israel is not exactly vindicated.

Not exactly, but they are in the right here, IMO. I think Hamas' use of human shields and missile setups in schools and hospitals as a more reprehensible act, though... in war collateral damage is expected, regardless of what side you favor.

What's that a picture of?

Meir Kahane...Israeli political leader back in the '60's. Depending on who you talked to, he was either revered for his nationalism, or despised because of alleged far-right wing extremism.

Guest Mike Spero

I don't get it. It's a war, they're fighting... Why is this the crusades? O.O

I don't get it. It's a war, they're fighting... Why is this the crusades? O.O

It's pretty much a war between Israel (Jewish/Christian) and Hamas/Palestinan Authority (Muslim). That's why he likened it to the Crusades. 

Guest Mike Spero

It's pretty much a war between Israel (Jewish/Christian) and Hamas/Palestinan Authority (Muslim). That's why he likened it to the Crusades. 

And the war's over religion? Not land or the classic "YOU STOLE MY GOAT!"? :o

It's a war over land; the ownership of which is debated throughout the generations, but started with Israel.

It's a war over land; the ownership of which is debated throughout the generations, but started with Israel.

Perhaps land has something to do with it, but we also can't discount the fact that many of these Muslims in HAMAS or other groups are probably fighting due to jihad, in which case, it absolutely is religious.

Perhaps land has something to do with it, but we also can't discount the fact that many of these Muslims in HAMAS or other groups are probably fighting due to jihad, in which case, it absolutely is religious.

You keep using that word, but, well. You know.

Edited by Yves

Israel, by her very nature, is Jewish. Israel is a Jewish State. The vast majority of Christians in the Holy Land are Palestinians.

Nonono, land has everything to do with it. The Israelis believe they have the legitimate, superior claim. So do the Palestinians. That has everything to do with it, and is the root of the conflict which continues today. To say that the conflict is primarily religious, rather than merely has a religious aspect, is absolutely wrong.