Hey, I'm looking for some people who want to be on fire and burn for the Lord, I've been wanting to grow closer to the Lord, and I really don't want this to be a  lonely experience, so I'm looking for some people who wouldn't mind starting a small group with a passion to know him. The world's ready for some change, and I don't want to be left behind! So, who's in?

It's certainly a good idea. Whether or not the world will change, though... that's debatable.

Mark 9:23 "What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." 

Well, I guess that means I've revealed my not so secret Pentecostal denomination! 

A person who is on fire for the Lord is a person who fervently seeks the Lord and isn't too afraid of what the world will think about them. People who are willing to make a fool out of themselves for the Lord. 

Kind of like how David would sing and dance in an undignified manner for the Lord. 

Call it what you will. I don't have to be normal, I'd rather get a relationship with God than have the world see me as normal. 

Good ole Luppiter. I'm up for being on fire for God. And it's not being a fool. If people wanna serve God with heat let em!

Edited by GodslilGirl

Maybe Christianity should be more like AA than a motivational speaker. Maybe we should be the ones who recognize that we have the problems, that we are the scum of the Earth.

Maybe Christianity should be more like AA than a motivational speaker. Maybe we should be the ones who recognize that we have the problems, that we are the scum of the Earth.

Yo, we Calvinists be good at that.

Yeah, some do hold that view, and it does seem that way sometimes.

I think a balance between

"OMGosh Jesus is GREAT you guys like a hundred thousand FLOWERS OF PURE JOY WHICH FART RAINBOWS made out of the happy tears of baby unicorns and you can do ANYTHING with Jesus because Jesus is your BFF forever and ever and OMGOSH JESUS YOU GUYS LIKE TOTALLY"

and 

"REPENT, FOR YOU ARE THE DIRT BENEATH THE TOENAILS OF THE LORD" *self-flagellation*

is to be most desired.

How about. .

OMGosh! JESUS IS MY BOYFRIEND because he SAVED ME AN AWFUL WRETCHED SINNER and now I just wanna PTL and FALL MORE IN LOVE with the MAN WHO'S IN LOVE WITH ME, that FILTHY DIRTY SCUM! Hallelujah!!!" 

How about. .

OMGosh! JESUS IS MY BOYFRIEND because he SAVED ME AN AWFUL WRETCHED SINNER and now I just wanna PTL and FALL MORE IN LOVE with the MAN WHO'S IN LOVE WITH ME, that FILTHY DIRTY SCUM! Hallelujah!!!" 

I think that's more evidence of dissociative personality disorder >.> Although I don't know what PTL means...

The styles of charismatic worship in many nondenominational and pentecostal denominations have always looked interesting to me. Not that I support their introduction into Catholicism as is slowly occurring in Latin America; but they represent a distinctly different style from more formalised and ritualistic forms of worship. I kind of wonder how the Church Fathers would have reacted, as I suspect early Christianity may have been closer to the mark than we give them credit for. A style of worship similar to Pentecostalism certainly would have been a departure from the almost excessively ritualistic forms of paganism which were prevalent at the time, exempting certain Dionysian practices of course.

Edited by Iuppiter

I'm not telling people how to live, I'm just asking for some people who would want to stand by one another for passionate worship, and who has a thirst for knowledge about their creator. Worship for someone who we are in awe of, and the wonder of who he is and what his calling for us is. Not necessarily that this is how you must worship, because I understand that not everyone worships the same as me. Hey, I may even be one of the only pentecostals here, but I don't care. All I want is a deep relationship with God, and some friends who want the same, 

1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV / 241 helpful votes

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Proverbs 27:17 ESV / 99 helpful votes

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

I'm not telling people how to live, I'm just asking for some people who would want to stand by one another for passionate worship, and who has a thirst for knowledge about their creator. Worship for someone who we are in awe of, and the wonder of who he is and what his calling for us is. Not necessarily that this is how you must worship, because I understand that not everyone worships the same as me. Hey, I may even be one of the only pentecostals here, but I don't care. All I want is a deep relationship with God, and some friends who want the same, 

1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV / 241 helpful votes

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Proverbs 27:17 ESV / 99 helpful votes

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

I apologize for rude welcome you've received. Please feel welcome here, and know that we do all wish to worship God and know Him.

Did it come off as I was angry? I'm very sorry, I'm not angry. Now am I new to this website, I've been here since the old website was hacked, but decided I need some christian fellowship again. I did not mean to come off as rude or disrespectful in the slightest, I'm just looking for a close-knit group (One that I would start with more people) A group where we could have weekly discussions and etc. A group that seeks God, not just a forum that does. I don't want to sound rude, but it's a lot harder knowing everyone on the forum than it would be to know everyone in a group. 

Did it come off as I was angry? I'm very sorry, I'm not angry. Now am I new to this website, I've been here since the old website was hacked, but decided I need some christian fellowship again. I did not mean to come off as rude or disrespectful in the slightest, I'm just looking for a close-knit group (One that I would start with more people) A group where we could have weekly discussions and etc. A group that seeks God, not just a forum that does. I don't want to sound rude, but it's a lot harder knowing everyone on the forum than it would be to know everyone in a group.

I agree, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I personally am not offended. And as I stated on your status, I would be happy to be a member. :) Edited by goxfiles

I'm gonna sing the doom song now.

Alright, it looks like we're making it a skype group, and have some interesting things planned, so shoot me a PM with your skype details if you would like in. :D

Alright, it looks like we're making it a skype group, and have some interesting things planned, so shoot me a PM with your skype details if you would like in. :D

I'm participating. We're aiming for around 10 or so, but any amount will be welcomed.

I'm gonna sing the doom song now.

Hahaha someone had to say it!

I say I would participate but my heresies would get in the way of meaningful discussion.

I'm gonna try my very best

like no one ever  does

to serve Him is my real test

to love Him is my cause.

CHRIS-TE-ON!

A heart so true.

Your love will pull me through

You love me and i'll serve you..

CHRIS-TE-ON.

*shot*

Why is there bacon in the soap? Did you... make it yourself?

Sorry. I had to. That sounds fun guys. 

*leaves thread*