Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Godsmasterpiece

App!?

We have a mobile interface, but what sorts of things would you like to see in an app that you can't see in the mobile site?

It's not so much that I would want to see something different, but it would be easier to navigate an app on mobile devices.

Well, you can use the mobile version, then save it as a favorite on your phone's homescreen. That's what I did for a little bit, but I just use the desktop version on my phone.

I know there are some people on here who are good at technology, maybe they could try making an app? I'm not sure how it all works or how it would turn out, but I agree that it would be easier to navigate on phones.

Mobile version works fine, doesn't it?

What exactly about the mobile version makes it hard to use?

Going between forums takes a long time, and it zooms out when I go to a new page. I can zoom in of course but it's not as practical as it could be.

I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am, but you seem opposed to the idea of an app, and I don't understand why.

Honestly, I am a little shocked that in 2015 we don't have an app, but this forum has been on its last legs for a long time. 

Honestly, I am a little shocked that in 2015 we don't have an app, but this forum has been on its last legs for a long time.

This is why I'm kinda against an app. We may be getting more new members but we aren't retaining that many.

Also, apps cost money to make and I'm not sure if anyone here cares enough about the forum to take on the responsibility of making it. It's not so much that I hate the idea of an app, I just don't see the point to it.

Hi!

I'm technologically inept.

How does one access the mobile version?

What phone at you on? I'm on iPhone and it goes automatically to mobile version, but I can press "full version" at the bottom of the page and make it look like it does on the computer (which I actually prefer over mobile).

EDIT: When I'm on full version there's an option on the bottom of the page that says "Use Mobile Version".

Edited by lisa98

ooh, was that the thing with the tiny, tiny forum buttons and very very large ads that I kept accidentally hitting? Kay... I'll stick to my laptop and tablet then. I thought my phone just did something weird to make the page fit on the screen.

I have an iphone 4.

ooh, was that the thing with the tiny, tiny forum buttons and very very large ads that I kept accidentally hitting? Kay... I'll stick to my laptop and tablet then. I thought my phone just did something weird to make the page fit on the screen.

I have an iphone 4.

Dat's why we should have an app, but maybe the mobile version is the only way any ad revenue comes in?

Dat's why we should have an app, but maybe the mobile version is the only way any ad revenue comes in?

I'm okay with needing ad revenue, but man, I hate trying to open pm's only to bring up "MEET CHRISTIAN ASIAN SINGLES IN YOUR AREA WITH OUR NEW DATING SITE. Only 49.95 a month!"

Can't we just stick all the ads on the bottom of the page where they're less likely to get clicked on? Make it a little more user friendly?  Or make them smaller so my finger doesn't accidentally hit them?  XD

I'm okay with needing ad revenue, but man, I hate trying to open pm's only to bring up "MEET CHRISTIAN ASIAN SINGLES IN YOUR AREA WITH OUR NEW DATING SITE. Only 49.95 a month!"

Can't we just stick all the ads on the bottom of the page where they're less likely to get clicked on? Make it a little more user friendly?  Or make them smaller so my finger doesn't accidentally hit them?  XD

I have no idea if this is how CTF runs, but many websites only get ad revenue when they ads are actually clicked. They don't get jack for just displaying the ads. Now, like I said, CTF could be different, but that's my experience with ad revenue. 

I have no idea if this is how CTF runs, but many websites only get ad revenue when they ads are actually clicked. They don't get jack for just displaying the ads. Now, like I said, CTF could be different, but that's my experience with ad revenue. 

Gotcha. I still think they should proportionate though. On my computer they don't over power the buttons. I feel the mobile version should be similar.

On 7/23/2014 at 11:19 PM, Godsmasterpiece said:

It would be really cool if this site had an app! 

I disagree. This is a forum, not a social network. Forums were designed to be sites exclusively accessible through a browser. Not every site out there should be an app.