Catholic School

ChristianTeen16

hello :) my whole story is under testimonies, but I think it's a shame that Catholic schools are becoming so not Christian. So many of them have been built on the foundation of money instead of Faith. Parents send their children to Catholic schools so that they learn about their Faith and God, instead of being bullied because of it! I understand this isn't all Catholic schools, but as a Catholic teenager, I wish the administration of these schools will do something about these instead of finding more excuses. 

• 5 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

It would vary a lot, I think, by Catholic Schools. A lot of the Catholic Schools that pop up as a "better than the public school" schools don't really emphasize the faith too much but some are really great about it. We have several Catholic schools in my area (most elementary but a couple high schools) and I know some that are really really wonderful and orthodox. Focus a ton on service and theology. Others? Eh. They'll get you a decent education but faith isn't emphasized.

I also think you get a little bit of a problem when parents send their kiddos to Catholic schools but faith isn't that big of a thing at home either because their parents are not Catholic/Chrisitan or because it just isn't talked about much. I think when you have that strong influence of the church in the school but without the backing up of faith at home you can get a sort of "rebelling" effect. Hence some of the craziness.

I went to public schools growing up, though, so maybe I can't speak on the matter.