Sign in to follow this  
eva0mwah

God is Love

Sometimes I feel that God is tough and difficult to please,someone who expects me to do things out of my power.I feel like I am living my life through rules and prohibitions that If I disobey a lighting will fall right on my head.

Don't get me wrong,I KNOW that God is Love,I have felt it,I feel His presence quiding me and taking care of me but I just have this twisted thought that He is ready for punishment.

Like,He is a rough jugde,waiting me to be good and do all the right things and THEN,IF I succed,He will love me or that His love depends on how well I obey Him.

I KNOW it is all wrong in my head,but there is a small voice telling me that God is expecting too many things out of me,He is too hard to reach or that He will love me ONLY If I am the perfect christian.

Anyone having the same trouble?How can I convience myself for God's love?

Guest Mike Spero

Sometimes I feel that God is tough and difficult to please,someone who expects me to do things out of my power.I feel like I am living my life through rules and prohibitions that If I disobey a lighting will fall right on my head.

Don't get me wrong,I KNOW that God is Love,I have felt it,I feel His presence quiding me and taking care of me but I just have this twisted thought that He is ready for punishment.

Like,He is a rough jugde,waiting me to be good and do all the right things and THEN,IF I succed,He will love me or that His love depends on how well I obey Him.

I KNOW it is all wrong in my head,but there is a small voice telling me that God is expecting too many things out of me,He is too hard to reach or that He will love me ONLY If I am the perfect christian.

Anyone having the same trouble?How can I convience myself for God's love?

Think of why He died for you. If He's just a judge, then why would He do that? God is complex. He is our perfectly loving father, a perfectly righteous judge, and perfectly truth without err. That's why we have the God-head, to try and explain His many traits and sides. Try focusing on the other two for now, and remember that He is everything good at once. So while He will have to judge perfectly, He feels nothing but love for you and compassion towards your mistakes. And if you feel He's angry over a large mistake, pray asking for grace to abound and repent whole-heartedly. He may be God, but you can still commune with Him and try to atone when you feel wrath is pointed towards you. Read just a little bit of Psalms or Proverbs, and I guarantee you'll see a lot of "Please forgive me" or "turn your wrath from me, God!", mixed in with a lot of worship for His infinite love and mercies as well. It'll take awhile, but start by trying to remember this frightening Judge is also your Dad, and He'd be sad to see you live in constant fear of Him, instead of gratitude for being as perfect as He is

When I was younger, I got stuck on the thought that every time I sinned, God was angry with me. But as I grew up, I came to learn that God isn't angry at our sins, his anger was satisfied at the cross. God doesn't expect perfection at any point in our life on earth, but seeks a life that is dedicated to Christ.

When I was younger, I got stuck on the thought that every time I sinned, God was angry with me. But as I grew up, I came to learn that God isn't angry at our sins, his anger was satisfied at the cross. God doesn't expect perfection at any point in our life on earth, but seeks a life that is dedicated to Christ.

That is an excellent point. 
Often I find that when I think God is angry with me, I am really just angry with myself for messing up. God does want his children to do *good*, but he knows that it is impossible for us to be *perfect*. That's why he sent Jesus to die and the cross, and, like 60sBatman said, his anger was satisfied. That in itself was a sign of God's love.
What God really loves is a willing heart. The want to do good, the desire to be like him and please him. David was called a man after God's own heart despite his sins.
The Bible tells us to hate the sin but love the sinner. Why would God ask that of us if he himself didn't? The thing is, He wouldn't. Remember, God loves you, he wouldn't have sent his son into the world if He didn't.
Hope this helped.