It's ok receive a spanking?

I don't know but it's right and wrong in my perspective. They do it because they want to correct you. At times it's needed but at times it's totally unnecessary as they need to accept the fact that you are not perfect and make mistakes. It wasn't until recently that my parents stopped punishing(usually slapping) me. I talked to them voicing my opinions and they did listen. Praying it will work for you too.

I.... don't usually agree with spanking. I think there are better ways to "correct" your child.

You are not a child, though. It's... a bit weird that you're dad's still spanking you.

I agree with spanking/smacking and I still thinks it's weird. There are definitely better punishments for a 17 year old.

I think spanking, just like anything else, is good when used in the confines of Scripture. God intends spanking to be done out of love and restrained enough as to not be out of control. Spanking is supposed to be a way to guide a child from doing wrong. If it doesn't work, then the parent should probably find a different way of correction. But, I do think that spanking a 17 year old is a bit silly, because nowadays, grounding from electronics is much more effective XD

Hi,

I think I must explain it. In first place I want to explain that I'm a Mexican (living in Mexico), and my English is not perfect.

My father is a good father, he has not spanked me for about 3 years. And that's also because I'm a good teenager and I'm very obedient.

The matter is that I've been being irresponsible with my homework. I think I need correction to fix it.

I'm not against spankings. In the Bible it refers to every son, including teenagers. I understand that at 18 it's over, but I have 17. I want your opinion about it.

When I read the reply from Bethany Elise, I smiled. It's true that the grounding from electronics it's better. (I understand the word grounding as forbidding, that's not?) But I really don't want it. And I think that a good hard spanking with a switch, is not a bad punishment at all. It's enough painful to don't forget it and it's not so long in time.

Well I will thank any other opinion or commentary.

Guest Mike Spero

I.... don't usually agree with spanking. I think there are better ways to "correct" your child.

You are not a child, though. It's... a bit weird that you're dad's still spanking you.

I agree with this. Spanking is a debate for another day, but given your age... This is alarmingly off

Hi,

I think I must explain it. In first place I want to explain that I'm a Mexican (living in Mexico), and my English is not perfect.

My father is a good father, he has not spanked me for about 3 years. And that's also because I'm a good teenager and I'm very obedient.
The matter is that I've been being irresponsible with my homework. I think I need correction to fix it.

I'm not against spankings. In the Bible it refers to every son, including teenagers. I understand that at 18 it's over, but I have 17. I want your opinion about it.

When I read the reply from Bethany Elise, I smiled. It's true that the grounding from electronics it's better. (I understand the word grounding as forbidding, that's not?) But I really don't want it. And I think that a good hard spanking with a switch, is not a bad punishment at all. It's enough painful to don't forget it and it's not so long in time.

Well I will thank any other opinion or commentary.

*blink* You do realize that our forum is populated mostly by Americans (typically white and many upper-middle class Americans) and Brits, right? Like, asking us if it is a good practice is outside of most of our cultural comfort zones. Many Americans and Brits (especially the ones that populate this forum) think that spanking is ineffective and cruel to begin with, even more so with kids above a certain age. You should probably consult people who have the same cultural understanding of the world as you do to get better advice on this topic. 

I think spanking over the age of 10 or 12 is largely ineffective, and much older is probably wholly inappropriate. For younger kids I have no religious or legal qualms though. 

I agree with this. I would like to add the problem with most societies is that they have attempted to blur the lines of proper discipline with that of abuse. There is a difference between disciplining out of love and being abusive. Furthermore, I would like to add that at the age of 17 the responsibility of being disciplined is shifting onto you and not your parents so you can't rely upon them to make you do what you know you should.

Wow seriously guys? In my country every parent that would ever lay his/her hand on a child would be sent to prison! You can never ever hit anyone out of love and i don't see why anyone of you support that.. I am really disappointed.

What country is spanking a child illegal?

Edited by God-Sent

Spanking over the age of about ten is odd and like others said, ineffective.. For a person much older than that and it almost seem... I dunno.... kinky? Can I say that?  Just odd.O.o At your age, getting whapped on the butt is... well, for lack of a better term, it's just  no. You've got the body of a grown woman but are receiving a child's punishment.

I understand different cultures have different rules but... sheesh. If your dad is making you uncomfortable by spanking you, perhaps you should talk to him about other forms of punishment.

Also, you should report him if he ever gives you a bruise. That constitutes abuse.

Guest Mike Spero

I don't get why some people are flipping out about spankings as a whole, in the first place. I'm not saying it's plan A or even nearly the most effective parenting method, but seeing as how the Bible warrants caning, I really can't see how it can be absolutely opposed...

I agree with what Boogles said at first, though. Spanking over the age of ten is rare, and at seventeen that really sounds like it serves no purpose but to be kinky. Is it culturally accepted wherever you live for fathers to give spankings to girls your age? Does he do other weird things?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm prying, but...

I don't get why some people are flipping out about spankings as a whole, in the first place. I'm not saying it's plan A or even nearly the most effective parenting method, but seeing as how the Bible warrants caning, I really can't see how it can be absolutely opposed...

I agree with what Boogles said at first, though. Spanking over the age of ten is rare, and at seventeen that really sounds like it serves no purpose but to be kinky. Is it culturally accepted wherever you live for fathers to give spankings to girls your age? Does he do other weird things?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm prying, but...

His profile says he's male.

Guest Mike Spero

His profile says he's male.

Oh. Everyone else was saying "you have a woman's body now" and such, so I made a poor assumption, I guess xc Thank you for correcting me

Either way, that really doesn't change how off and slightly alarming this sounds

I agree with this. I would like to add the problem with most societies is that they have attempted to blur the lines of proper discipline with that of abuse. There is a difference between disciplining out of love and being abusive. Furthermore, I would like to add that at the age of 17 the responsibility of being disciplined is shifting onto you and not your parents so you can't rely upon them to make you do what you know you should.

What country is spanking a child illegal?

In Finland spanking and physically punishing a child has been forbidden for 20 years and is considered a crime. This is one of the reasons i'm proud of living in Finland and i really hope that the rest of the world will come to their sense and understand that physically punishing a child is never right!!!

In Finland spanking and physically punishing a child has been forbidden for 20 years and is considered a crime. This is one of the reasons i'm proud of living in Finland and i really hope that the rest of the world will come to their sense and understand that physically punishing a child is never right!!!

It has been shown that physical punishment, when used only to correct, is MUCH more effective than other methods.  Thanks to parents not spanking their kids we have watched the world degrade into a mess where even murder is borderline-acceptable.

I'm part Finnish (and Saami). 

Guest Mike Spero

It has been shown that physical punishment, when used only to correct, is MUCH more effective than other methods.  Thanks to parents not spanking their kids we have watched the world degrade into a mess where even murder is borderline-acceptable.

I don't know if it's much more effective, but I do agree that the lack of disciplinary actions by soft and uncaring parents does play a huge role in our culture's constant degeneration.

You all know that our holy text warrants spanking with a cane, right? So the fact some Christians condemn spankings with a hand or belt is preposterous. Just say "I don't think it's a way I could still show love by parenting, and I hate that some people abuse their children with it, so I'd never do it to my kid :3". Though I'm not sure if I'll ever need to spank my children (however, I will if it becomes necessary) I do know my offspring will learn to be respectful and not "I can do whatever I want without reprimand, because the world is all about my happiness"; unlike the majority these days. Maybe everyone saying all forms of spanking is abusive should realize that what you profess as the word of God is something you're deliberately going contrary to? So, basically you all think yourselves and a doctor on the Oprah show are smarter than God?

Maybe?

Anyone...?

3022557.jpg

Edited by Mike Spero

Guest Mike Spero

Why do you keep deleting my posts seriously? Is there no freedom of opinion on this forum? :(

Oh, believe me there is, as anyone who's been on here long knows. As far as I've seen (I'm not a mod so I've had nothing to do with their deletion, but since I'm subscribed to this thread by email I get sent copies of everyone's replies) I can say a few things about why it's probably happening.

For starters, this site has been seeing it's share of fire fights up until basically a week or two before you joined, and it escalated rather quickly and to a high point, so I'm sure the mods are really on-edge to try and not let another one start back up. Also, there were new rules posted recently saying that debates can only be had in the debate forum (since they were springing up on everything) and this thread is in the relationship forum/started turning into a debate, so all replies that were part of that were deleted by rule. Again, I know it seems kinda strict but you weren't here to see some of the total nonsense going on earlier.

As for personal reasons, you swore in your first deleted reply. Yes, the server automatically stars them out but it's still against CTF rules to use those "idle words" xp The staff is normally super lenient about that anyways though, and will generally keep the post but just replace the starred words with [MOD EDIT]. As per yours, it was honestly pretty fiery. I'm happy your patriotic, but mocking America for tragically allowing abortion because your country doesn't allow spankings was kind of unnecessary and off topic; and again, was starting to spiral into a debate. You have to remember this is not a debate thread, and God-Sent actually started a debate on spanking in the debate forum so we can continue there. But even if it was, that was sort of the equivalent of: "You're okay with spanking? Well your country kills babies!" I get that you have a passion for this subject and that's AWESOME, but your first post was sort of aimed just at firing things up and attacking the other side, so it was removed. If the mods were actually mad at you, you would have gotten a ban or warning post, but they just deleted it to avoid classic CTF immaturity from the surrounding members, I'd bet.

For your second one, you broke one of the dumbest rules on here (though it has its reasons, I suppose) which is that you can't discuss staff action. Calling the staff out on deleting your posts probably wouldn't have been enough to get it deleted on its own, but again your second reply kinda turned into "In Finland we wouldn't delete that post! And parents who spank shouldn't have the right to be parents." You have to remember, this thread is from a late teenager feeling weird about his dad spanking him and it could be a serious issue, so we really shouldn't hijack it with personal debate and we should stay true to his initial questions and concerns.

At this point, the mods sort of just got so fed up with all the immaturity and fighting that they decided "It starts to turn bad, it goes "bye-bye"", to spare future catastrophes, and so the forum should sort of be walking on eggshells outside of the debate forum (as we were warned by the admin himself). Just letting you know that the mods aren't just specifically attacking you because they disagree or something (you can actually pretty much say anything but "Jesus isn't God" or something vulgar, on here), there were likely specific concerns. I invite you to join the debate thread on spanking, and then let loose on how much countries who allow it suck, there :P

http://www.christianteenforums.com/index.php?/topic/73154-spanking

Sorry for the long post, just didn't want you to feel unwelcome or targeted when I can assure you, you aren't :o We have honestly the widest range of opinion I've seen anywhere on this blasted site (xp), and though some of the members might throw a fit if they disagree with yours, the mods are the only ones with deletion powers; and they're way above that, trust me :3