kaylav16

I had sex...

I realize I made a horrible mistake. I have had sex with 2 different guys. I'm afraid that I will never be forgiven for my sins. I was not Christian when I made these mistakes as I have just recently accepted God into my life, and I wish I could take back what I did. I have promised myself and Him that I will not engage in sexual activities again until I am married. However I'm very worried that I will become weak and sin again. How can I ask for forgiveness for these sins?

Edited by kaylav16

Here is something you must realize we're all human and we are all gonna fall short to the glory of God thats why he sent his Son Jesus Christ so that we can repent and move on. Don't ever let the enemy get the best of you and taunt you about your pass move on. God doesn't care about it since you're on the right track. And if a ring makes you happy, go ahead and get one.

Guest JAG

I realize I made a horrible mistake. I have had sex with 2 different guys. I'm afraid that I will never be forgiven for my sins. I was not Christian when I made these mistakes as I have just recently accepted God into my life, and I wish I could take back what I did. I have promised myself and Him that I will not engage in sexual activities again until I am married. However I'm very worried that I will become weak and sin again. How can I ask for forgiveness for these sins? And would it be inappropriate for me to get a purity ring to remind me of the promises I've made to myself and God, even if I'm not physically pure?

When you become a Christian you start to become a new creation - the slate is wiped clean.  In fact, every time you repent, God will take you back.  Now you must partner with the Holy Spirit to start the process of sanctification (literally: 'set apart for good use').  Ask God to begin to give you His desires for your life and to enable to you overcome the sin that tries to hold you back from the purpose He has for you.

Do not give into condemnation.  Condemnation is from our Enemy - he tries to remind you of your sin constantly so you won't want to talk to God.  Instead, pray to God and accept His grace in your life.  Start reading the bible and lock in verses that you can use to fight those thoughts of unforgiveness. Here's one you can start with.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. - Romans 8:1-2

Conviction is from God and encourages us to move forward in obedience. Guilt is from Satan and makes us feel worthless and hopeless. It's important to know the difference. God's forgiven you, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about the past. Plus, since you weren't a Christian at the time, it makes a difference. A purity ring is something that signifies a commitment from the present to the future. It doesn't matter what you did in the past. :) You're made new and clean by God!  

once you are born again you are a new creation bought by the blood of Jesus. so you are his now. he has given you a new slate to start again. You've been given a chance use it wisely

Guest Mike Spero

I realize I made a horrible mistake. I have had sex with 2 different guys. I'm afraid that I will never be forgiven for my sins. I was not Christian when I made these mistakes as I have just recently accepted God into my life, and I wish I could take back what I did. I have promised myself and Him that I will not engage in sexual activities again until I am married. However I'm very worried that I will become weak and sin again. How can I ask for forgiveness for these sins? And would it be inappropriate for me to get a purity ring to remind me of the promises I've made to myself and God, even if I'm not physically pure?

Think of God like your dad. If you went up to your dad (assuming he isn't a tool and is a good father) and told him you had sex twice, would he "never forgive you"? He'd probably be mad and get in your face at first, but not for any reason but the fact you gave away your precious self to people who don't love you. He'd be upset, but then he'd cool off and say how much he loves you and why you never should again, right? Think of how a perfect and perfectly loving Dad would react? I'm sure He was cringing His teeth at seeing you "throwing yourself to the wolves" like that, but of course He forgives you.

Now that you're Saved, you shouldn't be sad about this but happy. You know it was wrong, and now you know that you're forgiven and not to act this way again. As for "wanting to take it back"... Sex outside of love is one of the most damaging things you can do to yourself. There's a reason God made sex so much fun but told us to only have it in marriage, and that's because it's a TOTAL emotional and physical bond as it's occurring. You should never want to ever do that again if not with a loving spouse, but you also shouldn't feel dirty. I actually wrote something a few weeks ago (at two in the morning cx) about feeling stained over sex, and I think it might help you to read it. Feel free to PM me any time you may need to talk as well. All the best!

http://www.christianteenforums.com/index.php?/topic/72858-the-fallacy-of-virginity/

Baby girl - dont worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes, but having sex isn't that bad comparatively. There is worse that you could do. 

When you become a Christian you start to become a new creation - the slate is wiped clean.  In fact, every time you repent, God will take you back

This is pretty much it

That feeling of regret, is just God changing your heart, what you did in the past doesn't matter anymore, but what you're future holds. Just remember God loves you, and remember, Jesus wouldn't of had to die if we didn't sin, and that's why God forgives us.

Here is something you must realize we're all human and we are all gonna fall short to the glory of God thats why he sent his Son Jesus Christ so that we can repent and move on. Don't ever let the enemy get the best of you and taunt you about your pass move on. God doesn't care about it since you're on the right track. And if a ring makes you happy, go ahead and get one.

Really true and heart touching line....... I agree with you 

Sex only violates God's law when sex is had without marriage... personally when it comes to sex and christianity... i just do what works for me. If i have been blessed enough to have discovered something that brings satisfaction, pleasure, closeness, and climax, i most likely will continue that practice. over and over and over and over again.However, some are plagued with guilt because they wonder if what they're doing is sinful. Correct? you fall under this category. Unfortunately, churches tend to ignore this issue, small groups usually don't talk about sex, and most Christian books deal with more "spiritual" ideas. They say "forgive yourself". so... do that. i've forgiven myself a hundred time over.

Edited by B'ni Dhana