ssohpkc

Black Nail Polish ?

I am a guy and I paint my nails black, does that make me a bad person, i mean i go to church and pray daily, I'm a devoted christian but i just don't know if i am wrong for painting my nails.

its just ur preference dude! its alright :)

I mean some guys like to pierce their ears.... its just their idea of fashion....

I am a guy and I paint my nails black, does that make me a bad person, i mean i go to church and pray daily, I'm a devoted christian but i just don't know if i am wrong for painting my nails.

It's only sinful if you're not goth, scene, punk, or hipster.

:P

Personal taste, however, as a female, I implore you, if you must paint your nails black, don't let it get all chippy and gross!

Guest Mike Spero

It's only sinful if you're not goth, scene, punk, or hipster.

Funny, I would take that "not" out and agree with you :P

I got tricked one time...told a girl she could put it on me but then she put on red :( I was not a happy camper

Momma said nail polish is the Devil.

But if you use nail polish, have shoes that match the style. You can't wear black nail polish and eye liner and still wear toms.

No, it doesn't even though i`m a girl, I paint my nails black all the time. I don't see anything wrong with that. Paint on!!

Its not a sin, but its always good to be mindful of how your own heart for all the decisions you make. Its also good to be mindful of how others perceive things. You can't stop other's thought processes, but its good to be mindful of that. 

For example, drinking beer is not sinful, getting drunk is. But if I publicly proclaim that I am a Christian to others, and go bars nightly  to have one delicious tasting beer (while the act isn't sinful) it could stumble others and make think something wrong about you. Sadly we live in a world that says "perception is reality". I don't believe this thought is correct, but it is widely accepted in the world we live in. So if someone perceives that you are going to the bar getting drunk, theres nothing stopping that persons thoughts. Of course you can reiterate that you were just enjoying the taste of one delicious beer and not getting drunk, but its work that you have to be responsible for. 

So my advice is, consider what the world is like, don't conform to it, and be wise about how you approach. By what I mean about conforming to the world is that don't do it because you want the world to accept you, but do it because you want to glorify God. "Praise God for giving me these awesome colors to decorate my body!"

My personal choice, I wouldn't wear black nail polish because of time. I just wouldn't want to take the time to color my nails haha. Also I don't think I would like my nails colored. I like my flesh colored nails :). And I don't think there are any wrong perceptions that people could take from it.

So live out the gospel brother with black nails or with un painted nails and be light and salt to the world that needs to hear about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

We need to be careful on this. Yes the bible does not say it's a sin but does it make it right? I suggest you pray firstly, we don't have the answers, only God does. So I suggest pray, secondly look in the bible. Yes, the bible doesn't say anything about it but look at Dueteronomy 22:5 it says

A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

God doesn't like this,.anything that is meant for women should not be worn by men. I believe the Lord dropped this passage in my heart for you, so then it does make wearing nail varnish a sin as it's for women. Whether you chose to take it on board is your opinion but again I feel this is the right passage, God bless

God doesn't like this,.anything that is meant for women should not be worn by men.

I'd just like to be point out that most females wear some form of pants. And shirts. And socks. And shoes. 

I'd just like to be point out that most females wear some form of pants. And shirts. And socks. And shoes. 

yes and that does apply to 'pants' or trousers for women. everyone wears shirts and socks, unless you wanna walk around naked 

yes and that does apply to 'pants' or trousers for women. everyone wears shirts and socks, unless you wanna walk around naked 

Oh, one of the 'women can't wear pants' people. Pants are unisex, go away.

Oh god, one of the 'women can't wear pants' people. Pants are unisex, go away.

im not a people, im a person, its my opinion...its not like im imposing my ideas on you, its the way i feel and last time i checked , im allowed to be here? 

God doesn't like this,.anything that is meant for women should not be worn by men.

What logically follows this statement is that if manufacturers specifically made "Nail Polish For Men" it would be okay for guys to wear.

Which I suspect you'll disagree with; if so, it would seem that your problem isn't about things that are "meant for" a specific gender, but that you think your subjective opinion should be universalized. Which is silly.

What logically follows this statement is that if manufacturers specifically made "Nail Polish For Men" it would be okay for guys to wear.

Which I suspect you'll disagree with; if so, it would seem that your problem isn't about things that are "meant for" a specific gender, but that you think your subjective opinion should be universalized. Which is silly.

as Christians we shouldnt follow what is wrong, just because man says something is right doesnt make it right. 

I dont really see why you have become somewhat 'offended' by my view, its my opinion, not yours so i dont think its silly, it is merely the truth. 

Your view can be based only on one of two things: 

- Your own subjective opinion, in which case it is perfectly acceptable to believe that it isn't right for you to do certain things, but saying that "people should do this or that" is entirely different, and what that means is that you think your own subjective ideas are more correct than everyone else's, which is rather unlikely, hence it is a silly claim and no one will take it seriously.

- The other reason is that the view you hold is supported by something universal that can be accessed by everyone. In this case a convincing argument can be made for your view; if such an argument cannot be made, it is highly likely that your view belongs to the first category.

This isn't to say that someone should or should not have a certain opinion, merely that if you go around telling people how things should be, you're essentially telling them how they should act, and when doing that you better have an adequately good reason for them to do so.

No, most women wear nail polish, but that doesn't mean its ONLY for women, it's just not a cultural norm for most of us, just let people do as they please

Your view can be based only on one of two things: 

- Your own subjective opinion, in which case it is perfectly acceptable to believe that it isn't right for you to do certain things, but saying that "people should do this or that" is entirely different, and what that means is that you think your own subjective ideas are more correct than everyone else's, which is rather unlikely, hence it is a silly claim and no one will take it seriously.

- The other reason is that the view you hold is supported by something universal that can be accessed by everyone. In this case a convincing argument can be made for your view; if such an argument cannot be made, it is highly likely that your view belongs to the first category.

This isn't to say that someone should or should not have a certain opinion, merely that if you go around telling people how things should be, you're essentially telling them how they should act, and when doing that you better have an adequately good reason for them to do so.

i dont understand how sharing my opinion in an open discussion is imposing my ideas on someone else, my opinion is my opinion, its a open discussion. I'm not saying anyone should do anything, only God can do this. He asked a question to everyone, and everyone gave their OWN OPINION

so please stop saying im telling people how to dress or whatever, because we were all born into different backgrounds etc. if i was a boy and i did this in my house, it would feel weird and my parents wouldnt even allow it.

i dont understand how sharing my opinion in an open discussion is imposing my ideas on someone else, my opinion is my opinion, its a open discussion. I'm not saying anyone should do anything, only God can do this. He asked a question to everyone, and everyone gave their OWN OPINION

so please stop saying im telling people how to dress or whatever, because we were all born into different backgrounds etc. if i was a boy and i did this in my house, it would feel weird and my parents wouldnt even allow it.

You're giving your opinion and stating that it's how things should be.

There's a difference between saying, "I believe this." and "This is the right thing." One is your opinion and one is an implicit judgement.

"I don't personally like green." "Green is bad." Two statements, with the same basic meaning, but the implications are different.

You're saying, "It's my opinion that nail polish is a female thing, but it's also God's opinion and you're going against God." You're saying we're wrong and anyone who lets males wear nail polish is wrong. See?