What denomination should you be?

ComedyMusicHistory

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should actually be Catholic! You're spiritual and creative, but you deeply respect tradition and authority. You love the Virgin Mary and you're inspired by ritual and ceremony. Light a candle to the Saints, because Catholicism seems to be for you!

I had to sit down.

You should really be an Episcopalian! You're a laid back Christian with a love for tradition and an especially open mind. You value the hierarchy of the Church and respect its authority but you want it to reflect the modern world. You appreciate ritual and respect a traditional atmosphere, as long as there's room for everyone!

The Episcopal or Anglican Church started in the 16th Century with King Henry VIII's reformation of the Catholic Church in England. Once he broke with the Pope in Rome, the Church became independent. While keeping many pre-Reformation traditions, the Anglican Church was deeply affected by the Protestant reformation. Most Anglican/Episcopal churches tend to look and feel traditional, but they're known for being open communities.

Well, if you insist... ;)

You should actually be Eastern Orthodox! You're very spiritual with a true love for all things traditional. You even have a bit of a mystical side to you! You're attracted to elaborate liturgies and ancient customs that make you feel closer to God. You would rather find meaning in the ancient than worry about creating something new. 

Eastern Orthodoxy is the second largest Christian church in the world, with an estimated 225–300 million adherents, most of whom live in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Russia. It identifies itself as the present-day continuation of the theology established by Jesus Christ through his Apostles. The Eastern Orthodox Churches are known for their elaborate ceremonies and liturgies that date back many, many centuries.

You should actually be Eastern Orthodox! You're very spiritual with a true love for all things traditional. You even have a bit of a mystical side to you! You're attracted to elaborate liturgies and ancient customs that make you feel closer to God. You would rather find meaning in the ancient than worry about creating something new. 

Aha! I told you! :P

You should really be an Episcopalian! You're a laid back Christian with a love for tradition and an especially open mind. You value the hierarchy of the Church and respect its authority but you want it to reflect the modern world. You appreciate ritual and respect a traditional atmosphere, as long as there's room for everyone!

The Episcopal or Anglican Church started in the 16th Century with King Henry VIII's reformation of the Catholic Church in England. Once he broke with the Pope in Rome, the Church became independent. While keeping many pre-Reformation traditions, the Anglican Church was deeply affected by the Protestant reformation. Most Anglican/Episcopal churches tend to look and feel traditional, but they're known for being open communities.

Well, if you insist... ;)

My results exactly <3

I don't know what I answered that got be listed as "Eastern Orthodox". Was it that I like ancient and elaborate rituals? 

Yeah, I re-took the quiz using the exact same answers as I had the first time except that one question and got Eastern Orthodox. Apparently Catholics don't use ancient and elaborate rituals. :P

Yeah, I re-took the quiz using the exact same answers as I had the first time except that one question and got Eastern Orthodox. Apparently Catholics don't use ancient and elaborate rituals. :P

Except that the Mass of Paul VI borrows from the 4th century Liturgy of St. James:razz:

Edited by Wesker

Not anymore we don't...

*mutters bitterly and shakes his cane in a curmudgeonly fashion*

You should actually be a Lutheran! You're meant for a serious, traditional and intellectual Christianity that sticks to the scriptures. For you, faith is everything and scripture is the only source for accurate Christian teachings. You're not a radical, though. You tend to have an open mind and you deeply respect Church history and tradition, as long as it sticks to the Scriptures. 

The Lutheran Church was founded by Martin Luther in 16th century Germany. Lutheranism teaches salvation "by grace alone through faith alone on the basis of Scripture alone". In other words, the doctrine that scripture is the final authority on all matters of faith!

• 4 months later...

Apparently I'm the denomination of:

Oh No! (404)

We're Sorry, we couldn't find the requested page

I got the same thing! We should start the church of We're Sorry, We Couldn't Find the Requested Page

I have found my people! :D We should call it "Church of the Present Day Hipsters"

That's what I got too.

Can I vote Dr. Pepper instead of grape juice for communion?

Nein. I want sweet tea and gluten free cookies for communion.