Second Amendment Only Applies To White People Apparently

Radical Edward

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/27/john-crawford-killed-walm_n_5721676.html

John Crawford III, a black man in Beavercreek, Ohio, was shot and killed by police in a Wal-Mart earlier this month after another costumer in the Wal-Mart (apparently a former Marine) called the police and reported that he had an AR-15 rifle.

He did not have an AR-15 rifle. He had a toy gun from the Wal-Mart toy department.

According to the police, John Crawford was confronted by them and refused to drop the "gun", which led to them shooting him, describing him as "looking like he was going to go violently". However, according to the family and the family's attorney, who have seen the surveillance tapes of the incident (not to mention his mother was on the phone with him when he was shot and heard the whole thing) say that his back was turned and he was shot on sight while on the phone with his mother.

"[The] next thing I know, he said ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him... I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

In Ohio, open carry is legal. 

Do you guys remember all those pictures that went around a few months back of people openly carrying assault weapons in Target? Look them up, they're still out there. Not a single one of those people pictured were black. Every one of them was white, and this is why. A black man can't even carry a toy gun in a store that sells toy guns without getting shot and killed.

That's terrible. =/

It seems like the officer as well as the "former Marine" based their actions off of bigotry and racism.

- first, the toy isn't even modeled after an AR (as the marine said...he should know better), it's (poorly) made to look like a Bushmaster...anyone who's spent any amount of time with guns should be able to tell it's not real, especially the police.

-second, as was stated, you can open carry in Ohio, and unless the store specifically had a posted sign (if I remember correctly, Walmart doesn't prohibit carrying), any customer can peacefully walk around open carrying. If another customer has a problem, they should talk to the manager, not call the police. Notice the police weren't called because Crawford was being threatening or acting dangerous, but simply because he thought he had a gun.