Youth group events :)

in my youth group, im part of a youth leadership team and so i help come up with things to do. we have things like movie nights, scavenger hunts, bigger or better, swimming nights, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has something they do with their youth group that they love doing or something you would like to see happen! Any ideas and suggestions would be very much welcomed :)

My youth group does "10 Dollar Tuesday". We just go around town looking for things that are 10 dollars and then do it. Be it a movie, putt putt, bowling...

Another pretty fun thing to do is to volunteer at local shelters. We went to Boysville and cleaned up the grounds by raking leaves and trimming bushes. It sounds boring but most of us had a pretty good time.

The most common thing we do though is going out to eat as a group. Every Wednesday night we go eat at one of the 24 hour restaurants in the city.

Capture the Flag was always a hit with my youth group. Kareokee or talent nights are good too depending on the group (my youth group was filled with drama folks so it worked well). We also did pancake breakfasts after mass. Got snowcones together. Played ultimate frisbee. Had a deeper faith discussion type night open to harder questions which was always nice. Having a pizza party where you get dough, split into teams and have a contest was always fun. We would go tubing down the river together. Went camping (even if it was just local) and hiking a lot. Had board game nights (apples to apples is great). Did service projects together and generally just hung out and enjoyed eachother's company.

Ours went camping, both roughing it in tents and in log cabins at a campground 4 hours away. The one in log cabins was in the middle of winter, and the best part of it was tube sledding. It's just like it sounds - you have a slide, and you slide down a giant tube at 50 mph. Tube sledding was one of the best things I ever did in youth group. The only down side (for me) for away trips, is that no matter what, I was always the "causality", so to speak (aka I got the flu every single time I went on a youth group trip... lol).