Confidence

Are Todays Christians making an impact on the youth?

Okay guys, I want to know something. Do you think the christians of today are making an impact on the youth meaning are we able to win the youth of today for Christ or have we failed?

I think Christians are failing at the most basic, yet difficult part of ministering to non-Christians - love. We can't effectively win souls to Christ unless we first show them His love. Taking that into consideration, yes, I do believe Christians of today are failing. 

There is a Christian youth programme in my country that has the theme 'Preaching Christ through entertainment'. Plus the entertainment they provide has to do with taking a secular music and changing the lyrics to so called gospel song because it's got the name Jesus in it. I think we are trying to use the secular world to draw people close to God which is absolutely wrong

If we let God's love shine through us onto others, then that is when we will properly be making an impact on today's youth. I also think it helps in a way though, the movies and the music. I think entertainment can bring people closer sometimes. Everyone creates their own relationship with God and everyone has different ways of doing so I believe. Quite a few youths I know seem to call themselves Christian because it is "the thing to do". But that is wrong. If youths don't want to go to youth group, they shouldn't. If youths don't want to go to church, they shouldn't. People have to find God on their own, it should not be forced upon them because the beauty of religion is the journey, a road-trip with just you and God. I also think youths are quick to deny their religious beliefs. Personally, I do not have many conversations with my friends about religion, mostly because they constantly talk about how they aren't religious. My friends who are in religious activities complain about them usually. I think people don't bond over religion enough. 

Sorry, my thoughts were scattered all over the place in this post.