Sign in to follow this  
TeenyTitan

School is killing me!

I have lived in Indonesia for 4 years now, but I have recently moved to SPH. SPH is an IB school and the last school I was at had really low academic things.  I am in over my head right now. I am forgetting stuff all the time, and guess what. When you forget things you get a DT (detention time) and I have had DT after DT. Does anyone have any suggestions to keep organized?

Find some sort of system to keep track of assignments. I don't personally keep a planner but that's helpful for some people. What I do is right out assignments in the margins of my notebooks and then put them on a calendar (I keep two months up at all time). I also will occasionally put reminders on my phone and if I'm really really busy (finals time) I will right out post-it note to-do lists and stick them on my laptop next to my track pad. Cant ignore them there! 

Set aside time each day, even if it's just a few minutes, to look over what you need to do and make a "game plan". This will help you to not just forget about assignments and things to do. 

For keeping organized in school, I personally have always used color coded notebooks. The ones with pockets are the best. I hand write all my notes (helps me remember better even though I type faster than I write) and can keep handouts and such in the pockets of the notebook so everything is there. 

For my last tip, I'm gonna quote Mark Twain: 

“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”

Ok so first off... don't take this literally (or do, heck it's your life. Who am I to judge  ;) ) but it's a good thing to keep in mind. Basically, whenever you sit down to get work done the first thing you should do is "eat the frog" meaning, you should get the thing you are dreading most out of the way first. This will keep you from procrastinating out of fear/anxiety and will give you a boost of "yay I did it!" that may help you get through the rest of your work. 

And thats all I got. I'm sure there's more you could do but I'm drawing a blank right now.