Bishop21234

How to Pray

How should I Pray at night, normally I do it with my hands folded I my bed, should I get on my knees or am I ok so lay in my bed and Pray?

Either way, God will hear your prayers. There is not a specific position in which we must pray in. However, I do believe kneeling to be respectful. It shows a sense of submission from the servant to the king. God deserves to be bowed before and by kneeling, I believe, shows acknowledgement of His authority. 

Guest Mike Spero

I tend to take a more honest approach. I am not perfect, and if I'm not feeling reverence or anguish enough to pray on my knees, I do not. God says that untrue prayers do not go higher than the ceiling, but prayers that are meant are as sweet incense to Him. If I am feeling led to pray on my knees, I do. If I don't, and I'm walking around naked before bed, I throw something over "that area" and pray sitting down.

Besides praying nude (Adam and Eve covered themselves before God, because with the knowledge of evil it is sinful to be before Him "in the buff"), prayer in practically any scenario is not disrespectful at all. I don't see why you should tend to you pray on your knees and with arms raised (like you're at church and someone beat you to first hand up during worship), unless your spirit is truly miraculous and "on fire" every night. Doing that takes away from when you actually are inspired to do such, and will deceive you in your image of yourself.

I'm not very... erm... "faux-progressive" with my view of God and the Faith, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to act like the Faith is anything to be made light of, nor is communication with God. But position is actually very insignificant. Notice how God gives guidelines for prayer only regarding honesty. "Do not pray in public", "do not pray insincerely", etc. As far as I know, there is no Bible verse regarding posture.

Let's face it, no one is led to fall to their knees (the ultimate sign of surrender and reverence) by their Spirit every night. I feel as though God (professing countless times His love for earnest prayer) would prefer a true and honest prayer, even one such as "Oh Lord, I apologize sincerely. I simply do not feel movement in my Spirit, and tonight I did not even want to pray. Please forgive me of my inconstant affections towards You, and help lead me to a greater desire for communion and time with You." (as I pray occasionally), with a blanket covering your crotch, to: "OH JAYSUS! MAI LOAWD, MAI EVERYTANG!!!" every night, on one's knees, with arms raised, and with no real inspiration to do so.

When it comes to communication with God, the One who loves righteousness and knows everything, it is feeble to be ANYTHING but entirely honest. Even if you're mad at God, have the gall to be righteous and honest. Jacob was praised for wrestling with God, and pharisees were shunned for getting on their knees and screaming prayers every night. If you feel a lack of reverence in your prayers, then pray and offer that issue up to God. But never, ever, pray in a style out of any form of obligation. Trying to put on a mask and "pull the wool" over God's eyes... Few things could be more insulting

Guest Mike Spero

Thank you all so much, especially you Mike for writing me another novel :)

BAH D:<

cx

I tend to get wordy in my explanations, I apologize if it gets annoying xc

BAH D:<

cx

I tend to get wordy in my explanations, I apologize if it gets annoying xc

No I quite enjoy your novels (honestly I really do) thanks again :)

Praying used to be difficult for me but, now its easier. I do this thing called a prayer closet a.k.a. my bedroom and I turn on Christian music and lay or sit wherever and just begin to worship and pray I also turn off the lights (not trying to sound creepy) and just begin to pray. :)

Really, just like in having a conversation with a friend, there's no specific right or wrong way to pray. Just pour your heart out to Him. 

Guest Mike Spero

I'm so going to start a cult centered around praying in the nude. :P

97b34ffacf6dbe26a5c09029623ef03854527424

Guest Mike Spero

"You heretics! Put some pants of for the love of God!"

"...And quite literally!" XP

Also I know this is AWFUL.....but I tend not to really enjoy Praying, I kinda think of it as almost a chore and if I don't do it God won't help me with my big problem, I don't want to think of Praying like this I want to enjoy it and look forward to Praying, any suggestions?

Guest Mike Spero

Also I know this is AWFUL.....but I tend not to really enjoy Praying, I kinda think of it as almost a chore and if I don't do it God won't help me with my big problem, I don't want to think of Praying like this I want to enjoy it and look forward to Praying, any suggestions?

That's actually totally natural. I would recommend actually praying about what you feel is a heart issue regarding prayer, if that's not too much of an oxymoron