Sign in to follow this  
Cato

If you don't want to debate, don't post in the debate forum

1.) Explicitly posting "I don't want to debate" in the debate forums is a lot like going to a movie theater and saying "I don't want to watch this movie" out loud while other people are trying to enjoy the movie. As per forum rules, debates are discouraged and removed outside of the debate forum. If you don't want to debate, that leaves you with about a thousand other forums to post in.

2.) When people disagree with you, they aren't being mean.

3.) When you disagree with someone, you aren't being mean.

4.) Debates are not personal affronts.

5.) Debates are not about you or the people you are discussing with, they are about the topic.

6.) If you post in the debate forum, expect someone to quote you and pick apart your post. We all presume that's why you made the post.

That is all.

Guest Mike Spero

1.) Explicitly posting "I don't want to debate" in the debate forums is a lot like going to a movie theater and saying "I don't want to watch this movie" out loud while other people are trying to enjoy the movie. As per forum rules, debates are discouraged and removed outside of the debate forum. If you don't want to debate, that leaves you with about a thousand other forums to post in.

2.) When people disagree with you, they aren't being mean.

3.) When you disagree with someone, you aren't being mean.

4.) Debates are not personal affronts.

5.) Debates are not about you or the people you are discussing with, they are about the topic.

6.) If you post in the debate forum, expect someone to quote you and pick apart your post. We all presume that's why you made the post.

That is all.

I genuinely motion that this be posted as the description of the debate forum.