Sign in to follow this  
Duke

How do you believe the world was created?

Earth Creation.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you believe the earth was created?

• Through God and that he spoke the world into existence.
    • The Big Bang theory (atheistic view through evolution)..
    • Neither 1-3.. Other.. (if you choose this please explain)
    • That God created the earth through the Big Bang. (theistic evolution view)

So I thought this was an interesting topic to poll about just because a lot of people have different beliefs.. And also post WHY you believe what you believe (just optional).. 

Edited by Duke

The Big Bang Theory is not a different option from God's Creation of the World. The Big Bang Theory was developed by Father Georges Lemaître, a Roman Catholic Jesuit Priest.

The Big Bang Theory is not a different option from God's Creation of the World. The Big Bang Theory was developed by Father Georges Lemaître, a Roman Catholic Jesuit Priest.

I totally agree with this message !

I think the evolution's theory are real but the Lord are directed this to create humanity and the World. In my (french catholic) Bible that explain Genesys are a poetic text and not a real description of Creation. We should read this text like a symbolic text and try to explain why the humanity are what they are !

There I added that option.. I actually forgot about that one.. I actually just meant "evolution style" big bang, that God had nothing to do with it.

There I added that option.. I actually forgot about that one.. I actually just meant "evolution style" big bang, that God had nothing to do with it.

Once again, I have to raise issue with that option. Most Roman Catholics such as myself believe that universal evolution is the process whereby God formed the World. You need an option for an atheistic big bang through evolution and a theistic big bang through evolution. 

I'm a biology nut. I absolutely devoured the texts in nearly all my evolutionary bio classes and I especially love looking at evolution as it relates to psychology and behavior. To me, science and the glory of the universe is a way of knowing God. I find the idea that God wrote a law into the universe that perfectly allows even the smallest sparrow to be looked after and be adapted to the environment it finds itself in absolutely mesmerizing.

Edited by Marley

You ask one question but the options include answers to several entirely different questions. The origin of the universe is completely different from the origin of species (if that's what you mean by "evolutionist," it's hard to tell,) and both of those questions have little to do with theology. As it is, this poll doesn't make sense.

Okay fine.. I didn't mean for this to turn into a debate.. Can someone tell me how to post the polls and I will?  I didn't mean to offend anyone. What do I need to correct it?

Edited by Duke

I don't know.

IIRC, pre-VII, the date for the Creation of the World as listed in the Roman Martyrology was 5199 B.C. But that is addressing the age of the world, not how it was made. The question is kinda ambiguous though.

Edited by Lefebvre

I have withdrawn a previous option.. There is no time frame in it now.. Just HOW it was created.

God spoke the world into existence. He said it and it was.

God produced a vibration in the molecules composing the air, before the air was created?

I believe God miraculously formed the earth as directly portrayed in the Genesis account. Miracles don't need scientific agreement because they're just that: miracles. 

I don't know.

IIRC, pre-VII, the date for the Creation of the World as listed in the Roman Martyrology was 5199 B.C. But that is addressing the age of the world, not how it was made. The question is kinda ambiguous though.

So.

You are catholic and you consider World have just 7.000 years because the Roman Martyrology say that? But where are you read that ? The R. Martyrology start in the birth of Christ I think and cannot explain when the Earth was created.

Catholic Church are not a scientist organisation and refused to explain creation of the world, but the Church said wordl was created with Lord's help !

Edited by Stan'

So.

You are catholic and you consider World have just 7.000 years because the Roman Martyrology say that? But where are you read that ? The R. Martyrology start in the birth of Christ I think and cannot explain when the Earth was created.

Catholic Church are not a scientist organisation and refused to explain creation of the world, but the Church said wordl was created with Lord's help !

Lefebvre is in a heretical standing with the Church. He is a Sedevacantist. 

I don't know.

Do you actually believe the world is just over 7000 years old?

By Big Bang Theory, you don't include the billions and billions of years, correct? Are you saying that God made the Big Bang, and it happened in the time frame given in the Genesis account? Are you also saying that the universe wasn't planned, creation without the Creator's involvement, or creation with little involvement of the Creator? Sorry, this topic in my mind is very detailed when you put Big Bang Theory out there.

By Big Bang Theory, you don't include the billions and billions of years, correct? Are you saying that God made the Big Bang, and it happened in the time frame given in the Genesis account? Are you also saying that the universe wasn't planned, creation without the Creator's involvement, or creation with little involvement of the Creator? Sorry, this topic in my mind is very detailed when you put Big Bang Theory out there.

No, he's saying the standard, billions of years account of the Big Bang happened by natural laws, though as the result of God's creative power. The biblical timeline, for John and very many others, was never intended to teach us about literal, 24-hour days.

No, he's saying the standard, billions of years account of the Big Bang happened by natural laws, though as the result of God's creative power. In my opinion without biblical evidence to back it, The biblical timeline, for John and very many others, was never intended to teach us about literal, 24-hour days.

There we go, fixed.

There we go, fixed.

I already said "for John and very many others." Surely that John believes this isn't just my opinion (though it doesn't have Biblical evidence, I admit).

I am not a physicist or biologist, therefore I cannot fathom or justify having an opinion contrary to their findings.

No, he's saying the standard, billions of years account of the Big Bang happened by natural laws, though as the result of God's creative power. The biblical timeline, for John and very many others, was never intended to teach us about literal, 24-hour days.

In my opinion without biblical evidence to back it, The biblical timeline, for John and very many others, was never intended to teach us about literal, 24-hour days.

There we go, fixed.

I am not a biblical inerrantist, so it matters not an inkling to me. The biblical literature was written by people with an ancient sense of cosmology. I am not even convinced the Genesis account describes a proper creation of the world, per se. The mythological narrative also appears to support a reading whereby God merely forms the world out of the primordial chaos. The world of matter is eternal along with God, and the Creator shapes it, giving it substance. This was the theological position of St. Justin Martyr and John Milton in Paradise Lost. That is, Genesis 1:1 can be read as an introduction to the whole chapter, and not sequentially prior to Genesis 1:2. Genesis 1:1 sets the stage and Genesis 1:2 is the beginning where God gives form to the formless existence.

Edited by Wesker

This is how the world ends

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

. . .

Oops. Wrong thread.

I am not a biblical inerrantist, so it matters not an inkling to me. The biblical literature was written by people with an ancient sense of cosmology. I am not even convinced the Genesis account describes a proper creation of the world, per se. The mythological narrative also appears to support a reading whereby God merely forms the world out of the primordial chaos. The world of matter is eternal along with God, and the Creator shapes it, giving it substance. This was the theological position of St. Justin Martyr and John Milton in Paradise Lost. That is, Genesis 1:1 can be read as an introduction to the whole chapter, and not sequentially prior to Genesis 1:2. Genesis 1:1 sets the stage and Genesis 1:2 is the beginning where God gives form to the formless existence.

Written by people with an ancient sense of cosmology, inspired by God. The word is God and the word is of God. Scripture was not simply penned down as the result of the way man saw the world, but as a divinely inspired connection of writer to God. It is because of that crucial fact that I have confidence that God's truth, not man's perception of reality, is portrayed in Scripture.