Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Noel 1525

Favorite bible Verse?

As the title says, what is your favorite Bible verse? If you can't decide on a favorite, feel free to choose a couple, then include why you like those verses, and what version your using

My favorite(s) are

Romans 1:16 NKJV- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek."

Romans 8:37-39 NKJV "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I like the first verse because it's simple, and talks about not being ashamed of Jesus, and to be happy for the Salvation you've received, I like the second one because it's about how God changes us, and loves us and his love will never be taken from us

My two favorite verses are:

"Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither thou be dismayed, for The Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." - Joshua 1:9(KJV)

This verse, to me, is very encouraging. It is a great and powerful reminder for combating fear's grasp. I tend to be an easy target for fear to take advantage of, so I enjoy quoting and hearing this verse. God is mighty and He needs to be acknowledge for that.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever." - Hebrews 13:8(KJV)

Verse speaks for itself. The security of knowing that Christ never changes each passing day, is a wonderful comfort.

Psalm 22King James Version (KJV)

"22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded."

My favorite verses, it tells you that there IS hope.  

Edited by HotRodGal

Mine is the Magnificat:

"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,

My spirit rejoices in God my Savior

for He has looked with favor on His lowly servant.

From this day all generations will call me blessed:

The Almighty has done great things for me,

and holy is His Name.

He has mercy on those who fear Him

in every generation.

He has shown the strength of His arm,

He has scattered the proud in their conceit.

He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,

and has lifted up the lowly.

He has filled the hungry with good things,

and the rich He has sent away empty.

He has come to the help of His servant Israel

For He has remembered His promise of mercy,

the promise He made to our fathers,

to Abraham and his children forever."

It expresses Mary's joy when Gabriel tells her shat she is to be the Mother of God. Another favorite is the Last Supper in Luke's Gospel.

My absolute favorite Bible verse is Psams 18:2, which is: "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

My absolute favorite Bible verse is Psams 18:2, which is: "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

The Psalms contain so much wisdom, don't they? Sometimes the psalmist says it so much better than I ever could.

The Psalms contain so much wisdom, don't they? Sometimes the psalmist says it so much better than I ever could.

That is so true. If I had to pick a favorite book of the Bible, that would be it.

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me."
I like it because i need a little strength in my life right now.

Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me."

I like it because i need a little strength in my life right now.

That's a wonderful verse and one that I like too. :) Whenever I'm afraid or doubtful about something, I always quote it.  I think we all need a little strength in our life. 

two of my favourate Scriptures:(john16:12-13)"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

Now God has once again come into the world,Say a lot of words:"There are many contradictions in man’s sayings, which, of course, are all man’s notions. If they are let go, you all believe that they are right. Little do you realize that such sayings as “the Triune God” are all man’s notions. No one has a thorough knowledge, and their knowledge is all mixed and contains too many things of their own mind. This shows that created beings cannot explain God’s work at all. Man has too many things of his mind, which are all from logic and thinking and are contradictory to the truth. Can you analyze God’s work thoroughly by your logic? Can you see clearly all the work done by Jehovah by your logic? Is it you, a man, who can see through at a glance, or is it God Godself who can see from eternity to eternity? Is it you who see from eternity past to eternity future, or is it God who sees from eternity past to eternity future? How do you explain? What qualifies you to explain God? By what do you explain? Are you God? The heavens and the earth and all things were created by God Godself. You did not create them, so why do you explain as you like? Now do you still believe in the three-in-one God? If so, don’t you feel it is too burdensome? I hope that you had better believe in one God, not in three Gods. It is better to choose something light, for “the Lord’s burden is light.”"      from “Does the Triune God Exist?” in The Word Appears in the Flesh

Matthew 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

One verse here I learned in childhood and has stuck with me ever since.

Joshua 1:9 (KJV)   Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

A verse that reminds me that God is always with us, and that through God we have nothing to fear. Great verse for when you are feeling lost and need courage.

One verse here I learned in childhood and has stuck with me ever since.

Joshua 1:9 (KJV)   Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

A verse that reminds me that God is always with us, and that through God we have nothing to fear. Great verse for when you are feeling lost and need courage.

:')

Romans 8 : 28 No matter what happens in my life, I love the Lord and he has called me according to His Purpose, so everything, all things, anything that happens to me will work out for my good.

John 3: 16 Believe in Jesus just believe..

Those two scriptures hold me through it all.

Romans 8 : 28 No matter what happens in my life, I love the Lord and he has called me according to His Purpose, so everything, all things, anything that happens to me will work out for my good.

John 3: 16 Believe in Jesus just believe..

Those two scriptures hold me through it all.

My favorite is Pslams 23 

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

It's my favorite because its reassurance to me that God is watching my back 

I love the Magnificat! My favourite to sing is Stanford in A major followed by Nunc Dimittis, obviously ;)

My second has to be Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."

I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before thee life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore choose life, that thou mayest live, thou and thy seed; to love the LORD thy God, to hearken to His voice, and to cleave unto Him; for that is thy life, and the length of thy days; that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. 
-- Deuteronomy 30:19-20

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." it is my favourite verse too. It says that nothing can give me up and to play a trick on me because I have a help of the Lord who always helps me

Edited by pamward

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hope, always perseveres.