Hi All: Some Info on Helloween

Ah yes, all those adorable little Elsas running around, my baby cousin dressed up like a giant, happy strawberry... SATAN'S WORK, I TELL YOU.

Now I'm imaging a group of Elsas showing up at a fundamentalist house. He begins to lecture them about Halloween when they burst forth, "Let it go!"

I really wanted to say something sassy but I'll just settle for saying that I for one love costumes and seeing children have fun eating candy and pretending to be their favorite Disney character. I understand that people dislike the idea of Halloween because of a plethora of reasons, but I also understand that very few people, if any, celebrate Halloween by casting spells, fornicating, and sacrificing the innocent virgin. It's us ally just a costume, candy, and some friends over having fun like a normal party.

Also, Much D'awww-ness at Hello!-ween Hello Kitty.

I dunno, I imagine many people spend their Halloween fornicating. Even those who don't go to wild drunken parties.

To be fair, college students will take any holiday as an excuse to get drunk and "fornicate".

Halloween. St Patricks day. Christmas. The day after finals. The day before finals...

Ah yes, a celebration that used to be about All Hallows Eve (The day before All Saints day) now belongs to the devil. There is literally no other explination for three days have been part of the liturgical calandar for hundreds of years.

Even before I clicked the link, I knew that the YouTuber was going to be TheViligantChristian.  :P It was the term "Helloween" that gave his identity away. I follow him on Facebook and he always uses that word as his preferred name for Halloween.

Haha!!! I love Mario!! :P

No, it's not. Why would you disappoint a bunch of kids to make a religious point at their parents? 

My thoughts exactly. Is it worth disapointing kiddos and risking some older kids screwing up your house, your car etc to make a point?

If  you don't agree with the holiday, just don't participate. There's no law that says you HAVE to give out candy on Halloween. I think you can be more of a witness to people by just not participating. When asked why on November 1st, if asked, just state your reasons politely and carry on with your life.  You also don't get your house tp'd or egged in response.

Also, you save money. Candy is effing expensive these days. I saw a bag of mixed Hershey's stuff for 15 bucks.  O.o

Ah yes, a celebration that used to be about All Hallows Eve (The day before All Saints day) now belongs to the devil. There is literally no other explination for three days have been part of the liturgical calandar for hundreds of years.

It was pagan first...

Encyclopaedia Britannica:

In ancient Britain and Ireland, the Celtic Festival of Samhain was observed on October 31, at the end of summer…. The souls of the dead were supposed to revisit their homes on this day and the autumnal festival acquired sinister significance, with ghosts, witches, goblins, black cats, fairies and demons of all kinds said to be roaming about. It was the time to placate the supernatural powers controlling the processes of nature. In addition, Halloween was thought to be the most favorable time for divinations concerning marriage, luck, health, and death. It was the only day on which the help of the devil was invoked for such purposes.

and...

All Saints' Day may originate in the ancient Roman observation of 13 May, the Feast of the Lemures, in which malevolent and restless spirits of the dead were propitiated. Liturgiologists base the idea that this Lemuria festival was the origin of that of All Saints on their identical dates and on the similar theme of "all the dead"

Violet Alford ("The Cat Saint", Folklore 52.3 [september 1941:161-183] p. The FRench celebtrate it.181 note 56) observes that "Saints were often confounded with the Lares or Dead. Repasts for both were prepared in early Christian times, and All Saints' Day was transferred in 835 to November 1st from one of the days in May which were the old Lemuralia"; Alford notes Pierre Saintyves, Les saints successeurs des dieux, Paris 1906 (sic, i.e. 1907).

Edited by God-Sent