SwordMaiden

'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains.

http://news.yahoo.com/plastic-halloween-skulls-found-connecticut-human-remains-234634788.html

This is one matter which I find Halloween disturbing,You never know wheneve something is real or not.

'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains

By Richard Weizel

Workers At Conn Trash Hauling Company Find Human Skulls In The Garbage

The chilling discovery was fit for a Halloween horror movie. CBS2's Jessica Schneider has more.

By Richard Weizel

MILFORD Conn. (Reuters) - A pair of Connecticut junk haulers was stunned to learn on Friday that two skulls picked up at the cluttered home of a deceased man on the day before Halloween were human remains, not made of plastic as they had thought.

The skulls were among thousands of occult-related items that David Odice and Charlie Inzucchi of The Junkluggers Junk Removal Co cleared out of the Fairfield home where Robert L. DeVitto lived until his death two weeks ago at age 56.

“Being Halloween makes this real creepy and spooky, especially considering what else we found in the house,” Odice, 43, said on Friday. "There were thousands of things related to the occult: magazines, videos, crystals, amulets, all kinds of new age and metaphysical stuff."

After finishing the job on Thursday the contractors dumped the skulls, and the rest of the dead man's paranormal and satanic-themed belongings, at a Stamford recycling center.

After noticing the skulls appeared human, an attendant at the center notified police. Images of the skulls were sent to the state Medical Examiner's Office, which later determined the skulls, one male and one female, to be human.

Stamford Police Lieutenant Diedrich Hohn said on Friday the department will know in two weeks the ages of the skulls and whether a criminal investigation is required.

“It's one of the most bizarre cases we've had, especially being Halloween,” Hohn said. “If the skulls turn out to be 120 years old, obviously we don't have a big crime here. But we want to be sure the skulls were not part of a grave robbery.”

Hohn said police tracked down the owner's father, Robert J. DeVitto, 89, also of Fairfield, who told them his son had recently died. DeVitto could not be reached for comment on Friday.

(Reporting by Richard Weizel; Writing by Frank McGurty; Editing by Eric Beech)

Edited by SwordMaiden

http://news.yahoo.com/plastic-halloween-skulls-found-connecticut-human-remains-234634788.html

This is one matter which I find Halloween disturbing,You never know wheneve something is real or not.

'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains

By Richard Weizel

Workers At Conn Trash Hauling Company Find Human Skulls In The Garbage

The chilling discovery was fit for a Halloween horror movie. CBS2's Jessica Schneider has more.

By Richard Weizel

MILFORD Conn. (Reuters) - A pair of Connecticut junk haulers was stunned to learn on Friday that two skulls picked up at the cluttered home of a deceased man on the day before Halloween were human remains, not made of plastic as they had thought.

The skulls were among thousands of occult-related items that David Odice and Charlie Inzucchi of The Junkluggers Junk Removal Co cleared out of the Fairfield home where Robert L. DeVitto lived until his death two weeks ago at age 56.

“Being Halloween makes this real creepy and spooky, especially considering what else we found in the house,” Odice, 43, said on Friday. "There were thousands of things related to the occult: magazines, videos, crystals, amulets, all kinds of new age and metaphysical stuff."

After finishing the job on Thursday the contractors dumped the skulls, and the rest of the dead man's paranormal and satanic-themed belongings, at a Stamford recycling center.

After noticing the skulls appeared human, an attendant at the center notified police. Images of the skulls were sent to the state Medical Examiner's Office, which later determined the skulls, one male and one female, to be human.

Stamford Police Lieutenant Diedrich Hohn said on Friday the department will know in two weeks the ages of the skulls and whether a criminal investigation is required.

“It's one of the most bizarre cases we've had, especially being Halloween,” Hohn said. “If the skulls turn out to be 120 years old, obviously we don't have a big crime here. But we want to be sure the skulls were not part of a grave robbery.”

Hohn said police tracked down the owner's father, Robert J. DeVitto, 89, also of Fairfield, who told them his son had recently died. DeVitto could not be reached for comment on Friday.

(Reporting by Richard Weizel; Writing by Frank McGurty; Editing by Eric Beech)

I don't know about the legislation in the US, but in the UK, you used to be able to buy human skeletons very easily. My father's speciality is the muscular-skeletal system, so we own a human skeleton. His name is George. Depending on the age of these remains, they may have been legally purchased. 

I don't know about the legislation in the US, but in the UK, you used to be able to buy human skeletons very easily. My father's speciality is the muscular-skeletal system, so we own a human skeleton. His name is George. Depending on the age of these remains, they may have been legally purchased. 

This is a true story. I have met George and had very serious contemplations with him.

Evidenced here: 10518117_1454896018110017_799629097_n.jp

This is a true story. I have met George and had very serious contemplations with him.

This is honestly my favourite photo from the entire time you stayed with me. 

10/10, best post in the history of CTF

I never thought about that, truth be told most folks out in the USA think of skulls as evil. (Unless your of the metalhead breed.) I guess I got caught up in the news drama :P

I never thought about that, truth be told most folks out in the USA think of skulls as evil. (Unless your of the metalhead breed.) I guess I got caught up in the news drama :P

Like fair enough, the supposed occult stuff they found with these skulls is somewhat dubious, but how the skulls came into this gentleman's possession may very well have been legal. 

Skulls aren't evil. We've all got one, remember? Wouldn't survive a day without it. 

Skulls aren't evil. We've all got one, remember? Wouldn't survive a day without it.

If only my mom had that same opinion, I wouldnt have to hide half of my tshirts. ;p

Honestly, I wouldn't say that most folks in USA think of skulls as evil. I believe you may live in an area where the majority of people think that way, but I would say if we took a random sampling of people, we'd be more likely to find people neutral on the topic of skulls rather than believing they're evil.

I like my skull. Keeps mah brains from falling out my nose.

The issue of this case seems to be mostly a "did he acquire the skulls legally?" or "Did he rob a grave?" issue. Grave robbing is pretty abhorrent and disrespectful in my book but legal acquisition less so. I do think human remains (skulls, blood, brains, bones etc...) should be treated with a certain amount of respect, however. A recognition that they were at one time human. I visited the Vatican this summer and found myself somewhat perturbed by droves of tourists taking selfies with the remains of saints. I don't think that human remains are to be feared or even that they shouldn't be displayed but a degree of reverence is important.

As for skulls on clothing and as a fashion accessory, I see no real problem. I do think people who wear skulls tend to associate with a sort of darker view of life and can see how the idea that they're "evil" could grow from that.