Bishop21234

Contraceptives

(I. There are no trad members at Phatmass. The place vomits Novus Ordo.

(II. Yes, I think that there are. They're narrow, and may not apply to you, but they do exist. I recommend you speak to the National Catholic Bioethic Center, I've heard positive things.

The simple (and better) thing to do when there's reasons to not want children is to remain celibate. 

The simple and better thing to do is to remain celibate anyways. =P

We're Catholics (OP included) everything is the pope and the authority of the church. ;)

And Ananas, unless you take a very strict biblical view of onanism or believe that the primary aim of sex/marriage is procreation; then you're right.

Neither of those views are at all convincing.

The simple (and better) thing to do when there's reasons to not want children is to remain celibate.

But there are orphaned children who need good homes.

Guest Mike Spero

And yet, condoms are still the only contraceptive that protect against STDs/STIs and pregnancy, require no pre-planning, and are 98% effective. 

Also: what on earth are you talking about, mechanical fans? o.O

True, but there are flaws. For example, condoms cannot be "reused", so unless you are or are in a relationship with the stereotypical male who can only "go one round", condoms can end up being quite the bother and expensive. No one wants to stop twelve times over two hours of sex to change their condom. Also, they're by far less natural and take away from sexuality, they take time to put on and must be changed during sex, etc. It's can be basically summed up (imo) as: "Let's take all the fun out of sex! >:D" The pill and other methods are highly effective as well (while keeping sex fun and natural), though albeit not quite as effective.

And I was talking about IUDs. I know they aren't fans, but the metal ones look kinda like them, haha

I don't even understand why this topic is even ENTERTAINED, the Bible strictly lays down that you are not allowed to partake in sexual activity until you are married anyway, so why would you need birth control?

I don't even understand why this topic is even ENTERTAINED, the Bible strictly lays down that you are not allowed to partake in sexual activity until you are married anyway, so why would you need birth control?

The question here includes the question of sex within marriage. Should married people use them?

I have no issues with contraceptives.

Just as a side note, more girls than you realise will be taking a contraceptive pill, regardless of how sexually active or inactive they are, as it is a treatment for a plethora of medical conditions. 

And yet, condoms are still the only contraceptive that protect against STDs/STIs and pregnancy, require no pre-planning, and are 98% effective. 

Also: what on earth are you talking about, mechanical fans? o.O

Agree with you 100%!

Even thought personally I do not have any medical issues i might take it for, i have PLENTY of friends who do, and it makes their life a lot more comfortable and healthier! 

Agree with you 100%!

Even thought personally I do not have any medical issues i might take it for, i have PLENTY of friends who do, and it makes their life a lot more comfortable and healthier!

Condoms fail more than you think

Condoms fail more than you think

. You don't "take" condoms. You could, but it's basically a phallic shaped balloon and doesn't sound tasty. They're talking about the pill, dude.

Which for women, who bleed every month and sometimes have complications with said bleeding, the pill really aids in life. I know friends who are on birth control because their periods are so heavy they're pretty much stuck in bed for 3 days. I can't say I blame these girls.My cycles are so intense that I've considered taking birth control too, just to ease the torment.

But then I read the side effects and decided the debilitating cramps were better than "internal bleeding, insomnia, nausea," and the rest. If it works for you, do it.

. You don't "take" condoms. You could, but it's basically a phallic shaped balloon and doesn't sound tasty. They're talking about the pill, dude.

Which for women, who bleed every month and sometimes have complications with said bleeding, the pill really aids in life. I know friends who are on birth control because their periods are so heavy they're pretty much stuck in bed for 3 days. I can't say I blame these girls.My cycles are so intense that I've considered taking birth control too, just to ease the torment.

But then I read the side effects and decided the debilitating cramps were better than "internal bleeding, insomnia, nausea," and the rest. If it works for you, do it.

I started taking the pill when I was 14 for acne, then had to stay on it whilst I took roaccutane, and keep taking it because it keeps my skin clear. I can hands down say it's been a godsend. Also helps deal with PMS/PMT, which is really helpful in treating my depression. 

The side effects are really dependent on the person and the specific ratios of hormones, so there are plenty of options (e.g. low oestrogen pills) to play around with. There are pros and cons with every medication, and I'm not saying jump on it right now, but it's something worth bearing in mind if you ever reconsider hormonal BC. 

Well, if we are of course speaking in the nature of the bondage of husband and wife, that there are no issues to the use of condoms inside of marriage. Pills are proven to have side effects and ultimately are not good for the health. Its all up to the person though as you're able to make your own choices. Alot of women do enjoy birth control for a less intense period but then some are threatened by such side effects. Condoms aren't always 100%, which is why pull out should always be a factor. But the way I look at it is Gods in control no matter what. If he wants a baby, you better know youre going to have a baby.

mmm according to my faith, contraceptives are not good. But for other reasons, I've seen many of those pills later being sued because they caused health risks that weren't labelled. I personally wouldn't take Birth Control but abstinence works for me too. XD

mmm according to my faith, contraceptives are not good. But for other reasons, I've seen many of those pills later being sued because they caused health risks that weren't labelled. I personally wouldn't take Birth Control but abstinence works for me too. XD

Why is it against your faith?

Why is it against your faith?

Catholicism believes contraceptives to be an attack against family. Simply because it is often used as a preventative to child birth. Plus with contraceptives many younger people have sex before marriage thinking that they won't have children so no commitment, when God made sex to be something shared among the married.

Well, if we are of course speaking in the nature of the bondage of husband and wife, that there are no issues to the use of condoms inside of marriage. Pills are proven to have side effects and ultimately are not good for the health. Its all up to the person though as you're able to make your own choices. Alot of women do enjoy birth control for a less intense period but then some are threatened by such side effects. Condoms aren't always 100%, which is why pull out should always be a factor. But the way I look at it is Gods in control no matter what. If he wants a baby, you better know youre going to have a baby.

Bondage? Oooh, someone likes 50 Shades of Gray... :P

I've heard pulling out is super ineffective. I'm no seckspert, but I know certain cells swim quite well...

You could just not have sex while your girl is ovulating.  Most girls track that mess. Nothing worse than planning to wear white pants only to find that the red river has begun. If we track our cycles, we've got a guess as to when it's safe to wear certain items and when it's not.

Edited by Boogles

Bondage? Oooh, someone likes 50 Shades of Gray... :P

I've heard pulling out is super ineffective. I'm no seckspert, but I know certain cells swim quite well...

You could just not have sex while your girl is ovulating.  Most girls track that mess. Nothing worse than planning to wear white pants only to find that the red river has begun. If we track our cycles, we've got a guess as to when it's safe to wear certain items and when it's not.

I meant relationship or connecting between the two, getcha head outta the gutter  :razz: but Im saying condom and pull out for best effectiveness and you should never have an issue. Glad to say ive never experience the wonderful time of a period.

I meant relationship or connecting between the two, getcha head outta the gutter  :razz: but Im saying condom and pull out for best effectiveness and you should never have an issue. Glad to say ive never experience the wonderful time of a period.

:naughty:

BDSM. Bondage typically has NEGATIVE connotations, mister. :P Anywho, as I said before, just don't do it when the lady has an egg in her uterus. No eggo = no preggo = no problemo! :D  However, biology is a jerk and girls tend to be more interested in doing it when ovulating. Curse you, human body.

or you could not have it unless you wanna have kids...that works too...

Never using some kind of prevention everytime the moment comes could end up with many many kids and not many people would like this