Which topic for my essay?

Bishop21234

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which topic

• Pro-life
    • Get rid of X-Mas and only have Christmas in holiday ads

I'd say argue a pro-life position. It'll be difficult and possibly get you more negative backlash but the whole X-mas/Christmas thing is ultimately pointless.

Also because X-mas actually has a reasonable history what with capital "chi" being the short hand for Christ back in the day. 

Also because X-mas actually has a reasonable history what with capital "chi" being the short hand for Christ back in the day.

This.

Pro-life could be a fun topic since so many (including myself) are pro-choice in this day and age. Kind of a pushing against the tide sort of thing.

Ugh, the whole abortion issue has been rehashed countless times over the last several years. Pick something more creative and less banal if you can.

I was going to say something like this, but didn't want to sound mean.

Of the two choices, pro-life is better. But try doing something else.

Pro-life, because the other option doesn't make too much sense.

Pro-choice because your personal beliefs shouldn't be laws against someones body and difficult decisions pertaining to their possible health or death.

I'll debate you on this later. :)

Do yourself, your sanity, and everyone who's ever cared about you a favor. Find a third option.

Seconded.

When I was in college I took two philosophy classes where I was assigned arguing the pro-choice position.  I won the debates simply because I took a platform of subjective morality. You would, most likely, lose to this same argument - it's a nasty sleight of hand.

If you choose to argue about the semantics of x-mass and Christmas you'll get bored.  Now, if you can somehow argue between Christmas as a feast Holy Day vs Christmas as a commercial holiday, then you'll have more fun.  If this is the case, I suggest reading a short story C.S. Lewis wrote called, "xmas and christmas: a lost chapter of herodotus."

Edited by JAG