Sign in to follow this  
Bryce B.

U.S. Navy Successfully Tests Laser Weapon in the Persian Gulf

Guest JAG

HECK YES! That's crazy.  If laser weapons exist, I'm glad to know we got em' instead of ISIS.  Now if only we would reframe from selling the tech to horrible dictators.

oh yay, more weapons to kill people. This is great for scientific purposes, but the 40 million put into this could have been used helping people, or finding peace in the middle east

oh yay, more weapons to kill people. This is great for scientific purposes, but the 40 million put into this could have been used helping people, or finding peace in the middle east

I have to agree with this... Love not war people...

Hate to break it, bud, but true "peace in the Middle East" will not happen until the Millennial Reign. 

Hate to break it, bud, but true "peace in the Middle East" will not happen until the Millennial Reign.

If the middle east can even make it till then. They may blow up/kill each other before then.

I hate to say it, I don't ever think there will be peace in the middle east, and this is not politically correct, but Islam is the issue, especially the fact that most of the abrahamic religion's "holy places" are located there.

You must have hope, for it is the only thing that makes love and peace possible 

Guest JAG

This isn't just a weapon that could be used to dominate an enemy, but to defend from an enemy.  Right now we have a hard time shooting down certain rockets.  There are a couple new types being worked on, with competing defense systems too.  The $40 million could be seen as an investment into a defense system capable of shooting down million dollar rockets for the price of pennies as opposed to firing our own million dollar rockets to hopefully intercept them.

Likewise, yeah, you won't see peace in the middle east until Christ returns.  Biblical prophecy can always be counted on.  Even when people thought the Jewish state would never return - WWII happened and it did.  There was 600 years time between Isaiah's prophecy of Christ, and His actual birth - yet it happened.

You must have hope, for it is the only thing that makes love and peace possible 

I don't need hope, I have the Word of God, and it's pretty clear. Peace in the Middle East is essentially a pipe dream until Christ makes His reign on Earth for 1000 years. 

I don't need hope, I have the Word of God, and it's pretty clear. Peace in the Middle East is essentially a pipe dream until Christ makes His reign on Earth for 1000 years.

I don't think "pretty clear" is ever the right way to describe eschatology. We have no idea what's actually going down.

Personally, I'm banking on renewed crusades and the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

But that's just me.

man, crusades would just be as morally repugnant as what the islamic extremists are doing now. Killing for religion and waging war for religion. Waging war for freedom is one of the few things that justify war.

man, crusades would just be as morally repugnant as what the islamic extremists are doing now. Killing for religion and waging war for religion. Waging war for freedom is one of the few things that justify war.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, I don't seriously expect either to occur.

Anyhow, good on 'ya, laser weapon,

Christ is hope, his death has taught us to live a life of love and peace, and you do have the word of God, but God's word doesn't say "give up hope". 

Christ is hope, his death has taught us to live a life of love and peace, and you do have the word of God, but God's word doesn't say "give up hope".

You misunderstand GTF. In GTF's theology, there is hope: Jesus' return will be what fixes things. The only denial is that peace will be accomplished before that time, which isn't a lack of hope but a theological conviction.

Nonetheless, I don't think eschatology is that clear cut.

You misunderstand GTF. In GTF's theology, there is hope: Jesus' return will be what fixes things. The only denial is that peace will be accomplished before that time, which isn't a lack of hope but a theological conviction.

Nonetheless, I don't think eschatology is that clear cut.

Ah, I see