Make Up  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear make up?

• Every day
    • A couple of times a week
    • Once a week
    • Less than once a week
    • Never

I had a cat woman mask painted on my face once. That is as close as i've ever come to wearing make-up -_-

Depends on my mood or how much time I have.

Typically, I put on some primer, bronzer, and do up my eyes all fun-like.

My skin is ultra oily, so makeup tends to slide off of it.

Most days I do wear some makeup, but I also forget a lot and it doesn't bother me. I typically just use some light concealer and/or foundation for trouble spots, light eyeliner and mascara. A little more if I'm going into town with friends or something.

I don't consider myself to be very skilled in the art of makeup.... but I get mistaken for a lot younger than i am if I don't wear some so.... XD

I never wear it, not because I don't like it, but because I'm too busy in the morning. x)

Just a crazy question, but what are y'all's opinion on thick eyeliner? I really love the look but I heard that it's tied to dark magic or something like that. O.o I mean, I don't want to do anything that isn't modest, (or related to dark magic) but I really do love the look....

I never wear it, not because I don't like it, but because I'm too busy in the morning. x)

Just a crazy question, but what are y'all's opinion on thick eyeliner? I really love the look but I heard that it's tied to dark magic or something like that. O.o I mean, I don't want to do anything that isn't modest, (or related to dark magic) but I really do love the look....

I dont think it HAS a dark meaning to it. And if it does,you're not wearing it for that purpose. And i agree,it looks really cool.

And my reply on make-up, I dont wear any,but if it had to be one,i would wear only eyeliner and shadow. Make-up seems like a waste of time or money when you're constantly putting it on and off. And people just wear WAY to much.

I don't wear makeup because God made me this way. Also, I want someone to like me for me, not for whatever eye shadow I have on. I think some of it is really pretty and looks great on some people, but really, why wear it? Why hide your face? I get that some people want to add a little color, and that's fine, but wearing makeup to the extent where it makes you look like a different person is just not cool, imho

I wear make up most days. Usually, it's a bit of mascara and some blusher with something on my lips, and then if I'm putting more on it's pressed powder, eyeshadow etc. I like the way make up looks, and I like the polished look it gives. I suppose it's like dressing neatly to me: I prefer to look put together, well-dressed and so on. 

I don't wear makeup because God made me this way. Also, I want someone to like me for me, not for whatever eye shadow I have on. I think some of it is really pretty and looks great on some people, but really, why wear it? Why hide your face? I get that some people want to add a little color, and that's fine, but wearing makeup to the extent where it makes you look like a different person is just not cool, imho

Make up is a type of art imo. I think its ok to wear as long as you love yourself without it. If you think you need to wear it to be pretty,then stop wearing it.

I don't wear make-up because I'm too lazy to learn how and I already wake up a 4:45 with just enough time to make it to my internship. I don't need any extra steps in the morning. 

I plan to be a cosmetologist, so I figure when I am older I will wear it more, but right now I only do it if A: I am going somewhere and want to try a look or B: For practice

I wear make up every day, but only mascara. I gotta have my black lashes XD

I rarely wear eye shadow and when I do it's just a light dusting. And I never wear anything on my lips other than lip balm. I just don't do make up, it's not me.

I have trouble with lipsticks because I can never seem to make it stay on after drinking something... XD

They make lipsticks that supposedly stay on better than others.

They make lipsticks that supposedly stay on better than others.

I know but it is just a problem for me XD like I have higher end brand lipsticks too and they never stick on XD

I have trouble with lipsticks because I can never seem to make it stay on after drinking something... XD

Trick:

Drink a huge glass of whatever.

Apply chapstick/lipbalm. Wait two- five minutes.

Apply lip liner.

Apply Lip-stain.(if you have any)

Wait until dry.

Apply lipstick of same color as lipstain.

Apply gloss for a top coat.

Wait 20 minutes before drinking something else.  If using a bottle, drink carefully.

A little will ALWAYS come off, but if you wear the strain under it, it's less noticeable. :D

And... I wear dollar store lipstick. :P

Trick:

Drink a huge glass of whatever.

Apply chapstick/lipbalm. Wait two- five minutes.

Apply lip liner.

Apply Lip-stain.(if you have any)

Wait until dry.

Apply lipstick of same color as lipstain.

Apply gloss for a top coat.

Wait 20 minutes before drinking something else.  If using a bottle, drink carefully.

A little will ALWAYS come off, but if you wear the strain under it, it's less noticeable. :D

And... I wear dollar store lipstick. :P

Le going to try this

XD

I agree with you

Right now I just wear mascara. With my glasses you wouldn't be able to see eye shadow or eye liner that well, so it would be a waste of product.

One time I got my sister to do my makeup to see a 4th of July fireworks celebration.

Which happens in the dark. Real smart move on my part.

Right now I just wear mascara. With my glasses you wouldn't be able to see eye shadow or eye liner that well, so it would be a waste of product.

One time I got my sister to do my makeup to see a 4th of July fireworks celebration.

Which happens in the dark. Real smart move on my part.

LOL I wear glasses but I still put it on.

but my makeup is so bold... it is hard NOT to see anything I put on... XD

Just depends really. I've worn eye shadow to church a couple times with blush on.

I used to wear a lot of make up, and I used to do hair and make up for formal occasions, but since starting uni I find that I have no time for it. I ended up neglecting my entire collection of shadows, primers, powders, lipsticks and mascara which just seems a waste (i spent £20 on a MAC eyeshadow 3 years ago...so I have to finish all of it) so recently i've tried to come up with a minimal routine for when i go out. I'm thinking of getting a neutral eyeshadow palette for everyday (or almost everyday) use because most of what I have currently are vibrant colours.

So now i'll wear a primer and powder and occasionally i'll wear eyeshadow.

One thing almost always do is fill in my eyebrows because I like them thicker than they are naturally.

:D

I used to wear a lot of make up, and I used to do hair and make up for formal occasions, but since starting uni I find that I have no time for it. I ended up neglecting my entire collection of shadows, primers, powders, lipsticks and mascara which just seems a waste (i spent £20 on a MAC eyeshadow 3 years ago...so I have to finish all of it) so recently i've tried to come up with a minimal routine for when i go out. I'm thinking of getting a neutral eyeshadow palette for everyday (or almost everyday) use because most of what I have currently are vibrant colours.

So now i'll wear a primer and powder and occasionally i'll wear eyeshadow.

One thing almost always do is fill in my eyebrows because I like them thicker than they are naturally.

:D

If you want eyeshadow that is long-lasting and FANTASTIC, Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow palettes are the way to go. They're more expensive, but I find because they last longer the cost evens out; plus, they're made with better quality stuff so I feel happier putting them on my skin. I have a palette that's sort of warm browns, creams, neutrals and golds that I wear every day. Really recommend them! 

If you want eyeshadow that is long-lasting and FANTASTIC, Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow palettes are the way to go. They're more expensive, but I find because they last longer the cost evens out; plus, they're made with better quality stuff so I feel happier putting them on my skin. I have a palette that's sort of warm browns, creams, neutrals and golds that I wear every day. Really recommend them! 

Ooh thank you I shall check them out. I have oily skin so I usually have to prime before putting any sort of shadow/powder on my skin to make it last all day. I don't mind paying a bit more than usual as long as I'm getting good quality stuff :)

Edited by RayRay