Make Up  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear make up?

• Every day
    • A couple of times a week
    • Once a week
    • Less than once a week
    • Never

I wear makeup nearly everyday. I think it is a fun way to express yourself. I love figuring out how to create a different look with makeup. I've seen quite a few comments on the Internet (typically coming from boys which is funny since most of them are no the ones wearing makeup) saying, "Girls, no need to wear so much make up, it looks like a crayon raped your face." That really bugs me. I don't wear makeup to impress boys. When I choose not to wear makeup, I'm not doing that for boys either. I make choices based on what I want, not what some guy wants. You know how you feel when you do something different with your hair or you put on a really professional outfit? That is how I feel with makeup. I'm still the same person, but I feel the who I am on the inside shows a bit more on the outside. Makeup allows you to express so many feelings and emotions. You can create a piece of art on a face. Seriously, some of the things professional makeup artists can do is absolutely breathtaking. I feel like a lot of people correlate makeup with a lack of confidence or a need for attention. I don't think you should judge people by what they do or do not choose to do with their bodies because that's their choice. Makeup is something you should do or not do because you want to. 

When I have the time to do a full face of makeup, my routine usually involves primer, foundation, concealer, blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, and lipstick.

I wear makeup nearly everyday. I think it is a fun way to express yourself. I love figuring out how to create a different look with makeup. I've seen quite a few comments on the Internet (typically coming from boys which is funny since most of them are no the ones wearing makeup) saying, "Girls, no need to wear so much make up, it looks like a crayon raped your face." That really bugs me. I don't wear makeup to impress boys. When I choose not to wear makeup, I'm not doing that for boys either. I make choices based on what I want, not what some guy wants. You know how you feel when you do something different with your hair or you put on a really professional outfit? That is how I feel with makeup. I'm still the same person, but I feel the who I am on the inside shows a bit more on the outside. Makeup allows you to express so many feelings and emotions. You can create a piece of art on a face. Seriously, some of the things professional makeup artists can do is absolutely breathtaking. I feel like a lot of people correlate makeup with a lack of confidence or a need for attention. I don't think you should judge people by what they do or do not choose to do with their bodies because that's their choice. Makeup is something you should do or not do because you want to. 

When I have the time to do a full face of makeup, my routine usually involves primer, foundation, concealer, blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, and lipstick.

I love this post here.

I too feel like makeup is an art. I actually got a makeup book from Kevin Aucoin, to try and learn to do some different things, and I love how he said the only rule to make up is common sense. Per say, don't put lipstick in your eye, etc. Otherwise, it is your choice, your canvas.

I'd like to add another rule:
Wear stuff that matches your skin tone and blend properly. If you look like the result of an Oompa Loompa mating with a drag queen, you're doing it wrong.

makeup-fail-03.jpg.pagespeed.ce.-j8ai0Mk

I'm falling back in love with dark eyeshadow. Even though it slides off my eyes after a few hours. XD

I'd like to add another rule:

Wear stuff that matches your skin tone and blend properly. If you look like the result of an Oompa Loompa mating with a drag queen, you're doing it wrong.

makeup-fail-03.jpg.pagespeed.ce.-j8ai0Mk

I'm falling back in love with dark eyeshadow. Even though it slides off my eyes after a few hours. XD

this made me laugh XD

Ugh, YES Becky.

Whenever I see girls with that irritating foundation line around their jaw, I want to cluck over like a grandmother and wipe it off with a hankie. Blending is a thing. Being able to see your base looks nasty. 

Ugh, YES Becky.

Whenever I see girls with that irritating foundation line around their jaw, I want to cluck over like a grandmother and wipe it off with a hankie. Blending is a thing. Being able to see your base looks nasty. 

Just get foundation that matches your skin tone, dur.  They make it in every possible shade now. Jeez. My friend did that once, orange with a pale neck looks weird. I tried my best to not laugh at her.

This is wrong too:

Chola.jpg

Just get foundation that matches your skin tone, dur.  They make it in every possible shade now. Jeez. My friend did that once, orange with a pale neck looks weird. I tried my best to not laugh at her.

This is wrong too:

Chola.jpg

the eyebrows are awful

I said "Less than once a week", because although I almost never wear it, I have a few times. I wear lipstick on special occasions, and have worn makeup to hide blemishes when my picture was being taken before.