I'd Love Some Critique/Support, Or Just To Hear What You Guys Think :3

Guest Mike Spero

Guest Mike Spero

I spent over ten hours making this, one hour recording, two touching up and piecing together the video/audio, three and a half hours editing, and at least four hours watching Movie Maker and Youtube finalize everything; plus the few minutes it took to make a thumbnail x.x

I'm SO proud of this, though. I put my all into it, and for the first time I feel fulfilled from working hard. I know this is definitely the career I'm supposed to be going down, and I'm really proud of something I did for once; totally genuinely, I am. If you have fifteen minutes, please watch it. Anything you have to say would be welcomed, and thanks for watching <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouy6A4uIwb4

Guest Mike Spero

You obviously take alot of inspiration from Markiplier. How this was edited reminded me of him.

I died at the first slender picture. XD

Mark is honestly my one and only hero (besides Jesus cx). I've seen all of his videos, and watch his new ones every day. He helped me through the worst of my life, and I really love the guy. So it wouldn't surprise me if I have a lot of his style in my own. Who knows, maybe I should just change my name to Markiplier junior: the younger and less funny one x,3

And glad to know you found it funny! It was my first try, so I was really hoping it went well c:

Mark is honestly my one and only hero (besides Jesus cx). I've seen all of his videos, and watch his new ones every day. He helped me through the worst of my life, and I really love the guy. So it wouldn't surprise me if I have a lot of his style in my own. Who knows, maybe I should just change my name to Markiplier junior: the younger and less funny one x,3

And glad to know you found it funny! It was my first try, so I was really hoping it went well c:

I used to watch Markiplier A LOT! The way i found him was when Slener became bery popular. I loved it when he played the Slener games (especially Slendermans Shadow maps). And i LOVED it when he played Drunk Minecraft with the other guys.

Maybe it's just not my taste of Video game videos. Don't take this the wrong way Mike, but I couldn't keep watching after 5 minutes. It was just nothing was happening. I think the problem is that while I enjoy watching Let's Plays (especially first looks at games that I'm deciding whether or not to buy), I like ones that are more structured, where they're commenting on graphics quality or plot points or something. Also, for me personally, it helps to see the person who's doing it. Facial features and reactions and stuff mean a lot to me.

But like I said, this is stylistic things. Your videos might just not be my taste. If you want to know how my favorite Let's Players are is Video Games Awesome (youtube channel farfromsubtle). Mind you, they curse a fair amount in their videos, but I find the friendly atmosphere of people hanging out.  

Guest Mike Spero

I used to watch Markiplier A LOT! The way i found him was when Slener became bery popular. I loved it when he played the Slener games (especially Slendermans Shadow maps). And i LOVED it when he played Drunk Minecraft with the other guys.

Yeah, Mark is awesome TTuTT

Maybe it's just not my taste of Video game videos. Don't take this the wrong way Mike, but I couldn't keep watching after 5 minutes. It was just nothing was happening. I think the problem is that while I enjoy watching Let's Plays (especially first looks at games that I'm deciding whether or not to buy), I like ones that are more structured, where they're commenting on graphics quality or plot points or something. Also, for me personally, it helps to see the person who's doing it. Facial features and reactions and stuff mean a lot to me.

But like I said, this is stylistic things. Your videos might just not be my taste. If you want to know how my favorite Let's Players are is Video Games Awesome (youtube channel farfromsubtle). Mind you, they curse a fair amount in their videos, but I find the friendly atmosphere of people hanging out.  

I get that. Pewdiepie is at the top with 25 million subs, and I think he's the most unfunny guy on all of Youtube, so no offense taken cx I watch a lot of intelligent reviewers/let's players as well (brutalmoose, peanutbuttergamer, spacehamster, etc.) and would like to do what they do as well. The problem is that most people like funny and rather unintelligent content, and a good review video takes A LOT of time to make (finding all the game footage, assembling it, etc.). For example, Mark's compilations of random screams and swears taken out of intelligent and funny videos get about three times the views of any of them.

In my let's plays (not compilations, which this was) I am a lot more intelligent and have some good commentary, this was just a mashup of silly moments from about an hour of gameplay. And you really couldn't give too much commentary on the graphics/gameplay of smash as it's just a beat-em-up exactly like the last one. I was hoping to get a new game and actually start decent let's plays soon, but yeah, this one wasn't really my type of "comedy" either, haha

Thanks for the reply ^.^

I get that. Pewdiepie is at the top with 25 million subs, and I think he's the most unfunny guy on all of Youtube.

I think he passed 25 million a long time ago. I really don't watch him anymore. Theres just a couple games i will watch by him and ome of those is the walking dead game,and the wolf among us. Since i already watched all the seasons of lp's of both of them,i rather watch him play it.

Guest Mike Spero

I think he passed 25 million a long time ago. I really don't watch him anymore. Theres just a couple games i will watch by him and ome of those is the walking dead game,and the wolf among us. Since i already watched all the seasons of lp's of both of them,i rather watch him play it.

Wow, I just checked and it's at 35 million. How even... O.O

I actually really liked that video Mike. It was interesting and informative. A couple pointers I'd like to give you.

1) Work on your audio mixing. The recording with the camera was very soft and some of it was very loud, so I had to adjust my computer settings to listen to it, and that's just kinda.... unprofessional in the video world. Try to make it so that it all comes in about the same level strength and quality.

2) If you're saying something like the cut scenes are significantly better graphics than the gameplay, and that's just how it was in 2005, try to show examples from other games in 2005 to convince me of that.

3) If you're using ANY gameplay clips, please make sure they're of YOUR OWN Let's Play. Don't borrow from other LPers and use it in your videos, at least not without their permission, that is very insulting to the original LPer.

4) Just a preference tip, that last joke, I would've said something like, "You don't think it's important? Nobody told you? After all..." and then fade out, editing it so the character says, "You could be..." and then follow it up with, "That's okay, I don't know where I was going either." That way the clip would come off more as part of the joke rather than explaining the joke right after you tell it. I dunno, up to you, but that's where I would've gone with it. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore me.

Guest Mike Spero

I actually really liked that video Mike. It was interesting and informative. A couple pointers I'd like to give you.

1) Work on your audio mixing. The recording with the camera was very soft and some of it was very loud, so I had to adjust my computer settings to listen to it, and that's just kinda.... unprofessional in the video world. Try to make it so that it all comes in about the same level strength and quality.

2) If you're saying something like the cut scenes are significantly better graphics than the gameplay, and that's just how it was in 2005, try to show examples from other games in 2005 to convince me of that.

3) If you're using ANY gameplay clips, please make sure they're of YOUR OWN Let's Play. Don't borrow from other LPers and use it in your videos, at least not without their permission, that is very insulting to the original LPer.

4) Just a preference tip, that last joke, I would've said something like, "You don't think it's important? Nobody told you? After all..." and then fade out, editing it so the character says, "You could be..." and then follow it up with, "That's okay, I don't know where I was going either." That way the clip would come off more as part of the joke rather than explaining the joke right after you tell it. I dunno, up to you, but that's where I would've gone with it. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore me.

Thanks for the advice! I know that the audio was mixed weird, that was my bad. I forgot that my settings were set to use my computer mic when recording video instead of my expensive mic, so it was way softer and worse quality in the beginning. Also, I took a break halfway through recording and was probably closer or further from the mic when I came back, so that would have done it as well. I've been going through a lot of pain lately so I really have no time to work, so when I finally can crank something out I pretty much slap it together as soon as possible, rather than taking the time to use Audacity to normalize the audio and stuff like that. Volume differences don't really bug me for some reason, but I know they bug other people, so I'll be sure to check that out in the future and take it more seriously

And yeah, I know that I should have used more clips from other old games and the game in general. Again, this was rather hurried, though it's not an excuse. And I also don't own most of the games I wanted to talk about, so... I miiiiiiiiiiight have borrowed some gameplay... >.> I don't even own Shadow right now, haha. But I'm going to avoid doing reviews until I have a better capture card and the games I'm talking about, I felt really uncomfortable using other people's stuff anyways TT.TT

I get that about the joke, too

Thanks for the critiques, and I'm surprised you actually watched the whole thing. I definitely am new to this and have a lot I need to improve, but I'm glad it's not beyond watchable. Maybe after a few attempts (and after using my own content cx) I'll make something great ^.^