Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jesusismyticket

ways to make money?

So I figured I could ask here...

After a search for part time jobs I can do has sadly ultimately failed, (yes I even applied to Walmart) I need ideas for making money besides my parents.

I live in a small town area, kinda farming country, Idaho yah know XD and I am not sure I'd be good at babysitting.

Any money making ideas?

So I figured I could ask here...

After a search for part time jobs I can do has sadly ultimately failed, (yes I even applied to Walmart) I need ideas for making money besides my parents.

I live in a small town area, kinda farming country, Idaho yah know XD and I am not sure I'd be good at babysitting.

Any money making ideas?

Walking dogs. Doing yard work. Helpin people on a farm for a summer, sign up for a poetry competition like me, etc.

Aplied to Mcdonalds or a local fast food chain? Yard work? Lemonade stands or selling food? Enter singing competitions or musical competitions?

Sing or play and have a hat where people can put money in? Help the elderly? Work at a local store?

Whatcha trying to save up for? If i may ask.

Sell things. If you have things you don't want/need, sell them. You may get $5/$10 here and there, but it's something.

Write the word "drugs" on a piece of paper.
You're selling "drugs".
You'll make millions.

I'm kidding. :P

Gas stations.
It sucks, but it's money.

Walmart? CALL THEM BACK EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY HIRE YOU.
I'm serious, if you want a job, you pretty much have to hammer an employer weekly until they flat out tell you NO before giving up.

I have not tried CALLING the stores XD I did visit some of the employers I was trying to apply for asking about my application XD nothing happened yet

I have applied to fast food chains too. clothing stores. anything I could do at 16.

I just want to have some money of my own to spend period. XD

I have not tried CALLING the stores XD I did visit some of the employers I was trying to apply for asking about my application XD nothing happened yet

I have applied to fast food chains too. clothing stores. anything I could do at 16.

I just want to have some money of my own to spend period. XD

Do both! It shows you want the job! Call, and if you don't get an answer, come in. If you don't get a "no" or "We'll call you, okay?" There is still hope!

Do both! It shows you want the job! Call, and if you don't get an answer, come in. If you don't get a "no" or "We'll call you, okay?" There is still hope!

#NEWMOTIVATION

ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPLETE FAIL AT WALMART OR FAST FOOD UNTIL ANOTHER TWO MONTHS XD

Kidnapping and ransom money. 

But if you play sports, you can ref. little kid leagues 

Girl, how do you know you won't be good at babysitting? I say give it a try. :) You might be surprised with the results. It's not that bad, really. I felt pretty nervous before taking on some of my babysitting jobs, but ended building friendships with the children - to the point where they would cry when I left. You also get good pay from it which is an added bonus. Also, if you babysit in the evening, you can bring over glow sticks and have some fun that way.  :laugh: Not all kids are monsters like the ones on Supernanny. 

And like Bryce suggested, dog-walking is another great way to earn some money for your pocket. I've had a small dog-walking business for 7 years now. It's been great. :) And since you are homeschooled, that's definitely a great plus. People are always looking for trust-worthy and caring people to walk their dogs while at work. Not only that ,but word catches on. If you do well with one person's pet, it is most likely they will recommend you to other people. You can make your own prices just like babysitting as well. It's a pretty good job.

My friend started making door signs for peoples' homes, cheaper than the usual price but enough to make a profit. It involves buying supplies, though. She traces letters or shapes onto paper, then onto some tin flashing, cuts the flashing, paints it and traces any requested words, puts some weatherproof spray on it, drills two holes for the wire, and even ties a bow in the corner!