SwordMaiden

Banned?

I just went to message a member that I enjoyed talking to. But I noticed underneath their name was the word "banned" does this mean that they are completely block off the site? Or just temporally block? Thanks!

When they are banned they are banned.

"Perma-banned with no ban-appeal." Is how I heard it put once.

In general, it could mean either. When you are suspended you are temporarily moved into the "banned" usergroup.

When it comes to a specific member, discussing it would violate the following rule:

3. Actions taken by the Staff are only allowed to be contested via PM to either that staff member or an Administrator. Do not make a topic about it, discuss it in chat, or via status updates and profile comments.

Your best bet is to wait a couple days and see if that member's account is moved back. 

In general, it could mean either. When you are suspended you are temporarily moved into the "banned" usergroup.

When it comes to a specific member, discussing it would violate the following rule:

Your best bet is to wait a couple days and see if that member's account is moved back.

Oops, sorry! I didn't use the member name for a reason...

I'll check back in a few days!

There's no need to be sorry, it's all good!  I need to correct something Zabby said.  When a member is temporarily suspended, their user group will not changed to banned.  Nobody else will know that they are suspended.  When you see "Banned" under someone's name, more than likely you'll never see that person around here again.  If it's gotten to the extreme of someone being banned, that's usually our final resort of action.  We are normally very merciful before the staff exercising this option.

With that being said, if a person was banned, I would highly recommend you do not attempt to contact that person outside of this site.  They do not exhibit Christ like behavior and quite frankly, some of them are dangerous.  Feel feel to contact me if you have any questions about this.

There's no need to be sorry, it's all good! I need to correct something Zabby said. When a member is temporarily suspended, their user group will not changed to banned. Nobody else will know that they are suspended. When you see "Banned" under someone's name, more than likely you'll never see that person around here again. If it's gotten to the extreme of someone being banned, that's usually our final resort of action. We are normally very merciful before the staff exercising this option.

With that being said, if a person was banned, I would highly recommend you do not attempt to contact that person outside of this site. They do not exhibit Christ like behavior and quite frankly, some of them are dangerous. Feel feel to contact me if you have any questions about this.

Thanks Cary for clearing that up for me and hopefully swordmaiden! Edited by Crosses

There's no need to be sorry, it's all good!  I need to correct something Zabby said.  When a member is temporarily suspended, their user group will not changed to banned.  Nobody else will know that they are suspended.  When you see "Banned" under someone's name, more than likely you'll never see that person around here again.  If it's gotten to the extreme of someone being banned, that's usually our final resort of action.  We are normally very merciful before the staff exercising this option.

With that being said, if a person was banned, I would highly recommend you do not attempt to contact that person outside of this site.  They do not exhibit Christ like behavior and quite frankly, some of them are dangerous.  Feel feel to contact me if you have any questions about this.

Oh, my bad. I must be thinking about our old forum software. It used to change people into a banned group.