Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

PrayLoveEat

Qualities you'd like in a future spouse/life partner

61 posts in this topic

Pretty much as the title says (: I understand that it's important to be flexible and the likelihood of ending up with someone exactly like this is very slim and sometimes when you actually meet someone you're interested in you realise that you don't need a certain quality or that something you never thought of before is even better/more important etc. But this is just for fun and to share feelings and where we're at right now (:

Mine are:

Slow to anger

Doesn't hold grudges

Generous spirit

Respects and loves his family

Adventurous

Playful

Optimistic (within reason - not a total pep-machine but not a Debbie Downer either!)

Hardworking

Empathic

Sensitive to the fact that I can be a little sensitive sometimes :3

Not afraid to celebrate silly little things like Valentines Day

Acts respectfully around other girls

A good listener

This isn't an exhaustive list but I think those things would be nice. I've just come out of a pretty long relationship and it's made me think more about refusing to settle and getting to know peoples' values (and my own) a little bit more before committing to anything.

-Not too easy to make angry

-not a grudge holder

-selfless and generous

-Respectful

-playful

-Loves God

-loves christmas(doesn't have to since a lot aren't as much of a christmas person as me)

-loves the beach

-not super strict like people from the 1800s

-loves kids

-loves europe

-has a warm heart

-loves to snuggle and watch a movie on cold winter nights

-can cook

-believes in the same things as me

-loves video games

-loves reading

-loves music

-loves cities and small towns

-smart

-would work out with me at a gym

Edited by Bryce B.

Okay likings for my spouse

-I'd prefer he be religious

-Someone who can handle when I get worked up over really small things, so patient... XD

-a good listener

-Someone who can reason with me without getting harsh

-A nice smile XD

-Someone who won't mind when I don't get the joke

-He must like animals, period

-want to have a big family

-loves music

-someone who is respectful that I will not sacrifice any of my worship time to spend more time with them (God comes first)

I think that works XD

A good listener

Considerate

A man of his word

Compassionate

Good sense of humor

Is unwavering with his faith

Understanding

Enjoys having fun

Is a hard worker

Can easily jam to Carman's music.  :lol:

I tend to work around three concepts of what I look for, rather than a long list: passion, principles and a sense of adventure. 

Passion - give a crap about something. Argue with me. Challenge me intellectually (this is a major one). Have things you think are worth fighting for and so do fiercely. Having enthusiasm and a real passion for something is really attractive to me. 

Principles - our values have to align, within reason; are they family-oriented, big on courtesy etc. They need to be a person of character. Also holla, manners. 

A sense of adventure - I want to travel, try new things, live in new places, see new cultures etc. I need someone who's going to want to do that and take the rough with the smooth. 

Other than that, I'm open to anything. 

I tend to work around three concepts of what I look for, rather than a long list: passion, principles and a sense of adventure. 

Passion - give a crap about something. Argue with me. Challenge me intellectually (this is a major one). Have things you think are worth fighting for and so do fiercely. Having enthusiasm and a real passion for something is really attractive to me. 

Principles - our values have to align, within reason; are they family-oriented, big on courtesy etc. They need to be a person of character. Also holla, manners. 

A sense of adventure - I want to travel, try new things, live in new places, see new cultures etc. I need someone who's going to want to do that and take the rough with the smooth. 

I fit in all of those XP

Love love love this.

The only other thing I can really think of is that he needs to be able to get a long with a wide variety of people. I have a hard time with narrow people or people who can only tolerate a set group of people.

Also if he doesn't like animals he's gonna have a bad time. I wouldn't call it a requirement that he does but... there will be animals.

Great thread! :)

Just someone who is as religious as me, and who I can consider my best friend too. Someone who cheers me up, has challenging debates with me, and lets me pay for the outings occasionally!

ProudToBeJesusFreak ^-^

I'd rather not get divorced.

I'd rather not live in a state of constant bickering.

I'd like to have a good relationship with my parents and my in-laws.

I'd like our relationship to involve mutual respect and affection a great deal of the time.

I would like to think that both of us are better people in virtue of our relationship--that we both are more caring, more kind, more dedicated to our passions and goals, and so on because we have to live up to our shared standards for the good of each other.

I would like to raise kids in a Catholic and conservative setting.

I would like to minimize the tactical/strategic maneuvering inherent to relationships and to maximize a sense of vulnerable intimacy.

I would like to be able to feel that I can depend on my spouse to be on my side most of the time and to be able to offer her the same.

So I pursue women with qualities that seem to fit with that picture of what a marriage relationship should be. In general I've found such women to be less dominant, to be more patient, more forgiving, more rational and less emotional, to have had few or no previous sexual partners, to be more conservative, more religious, and so on and so on.

Really though, what "fits" that picture is less a set of prior qualities and more a sum personality that can be empirically observed to fit those goals. It may well be that a highly emotional, dominant liberal will somehow convince me that she can accomplish these ideals with me. You never know \o/

Edited by Yves

Im never going to find love so im not looking. Lol.

Cause it's obvious you wont get the person who fits in every expectation/wish you dream of.

Edited by Crosses

-Must be a man of God

-Smells nice

-Styled hair

-Likes the outdoors

-Would hike with me

-Respectful

-Good communicator

-Caring

-family guy

-Smart

-Would workout with me

-Would want kids

-Would dress up fancy with me

-Would wear a suit

-Supportive

-Has ambitions and goals

-likes to go on mini road trips

-protective

-wouldn't mind my love for makeup and clothes

-good with kids

-makes me happy

The list is longer...

Oh I must never forget.....

A GUY WHO SHARES THE LOVE FOR PIZZA

Note: I have a journal that I wrote in about 4 years ago on what I look for in a guy.

Edited by HopeLeighs

My question is Why didn't you make a move back in August? ;)

-Christian

-Sweet and affectionate (but not obsessive of me...)

-Nonjudgemental

-Supportive

-Someone I can trust with my life

-Weird in the same ways that I'm weird in

-Similar sense of humor to mine

-Interesting

-Introverted (I don't think I could ever live with an extrovert..)

-Tougher than me (doesn't have to be tough, just tougher than I am..Which shouldn't be too hard to find..)

-Kind

-Smart (this is a big one...You have to be smart for me to be attracted to you..XD)

-Special

Fun

Attractive

Resilient

Mindful

Independent

Nice

Generous

Or "F.A.R.M.I.N.G"

Fun

Attractive

Resilient

Mindful

Independent

Nice

Generous

Or "F.A.R.M.I.N.G"

Why didnt I think off hat :P

Fun

Attractive

Resilient

Mindful

Independent

Nice

Generous

Or "F.A.R.M.I.N.G"

Thats a smart way for a wish list!

But what happens if shes all of these but cant farm and take care of the cattle :P

Rich.
No other family.

Suspicious cough.

You people and your long lists, you should be less shallow and picky like me. 

I fit in all of those XP

Uh-oh, looks like we have a match! ^_^

:P

Shall we set the date then?

First of all, she mustn't exist. I rather like my freedom and my arrogance, so if a girl like this exists and is attracted to me for some god unknown reason, it'll be a pain that hurts so good.

Second, I've fiddled with long lists and the only two qualities I'd like in a girl is intelligent feistiness and poise. She has to match me in wits, be unafraid of my temper, and more classy than your girl.

And maybe look like Emma Blackery though this is negotiable.