Qualities you'd like in a future spouse/life partner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to work around three concepts of what I look for, rather than a long list: passion, principles and a sense of adventure. 

Passion - give a crap about something. Argue with me. Challenge me intellectually (this is a major one). Have things you think are worth fighting for and so do fiercely. Having enthusiasm and a real passion for something is really attractive to me. 

Principles - our values have to align, within reason; are they family-oriented, big on courtesy etc. They need to be a person of character. Also holla, manners. 

A sense of adventure - I want to travel, try new things, live in new places, see new cultures etc. I need someone who's going to want to do that and take the rough with the smooth. 

Other than that, I'm open to anything. 

My question is Why didn't you make a move back in August? ;)

I ship it.

Preferences:

Taller/wider than I am. If my pants would totally fall off of you, or if I obviously weigh 60 pounds more... ehhh.... :\

Decent singing ability.

Able to dance.

likes to cuddle

Requirements:

Firm and growing in his walk with Jesus.

logical

active(be it in with an organization, exorcise or just willing to go do things)

not a super neat freak (because he'd have a bad time around me)

gentleman/mannerly

Playful and light hearted.

paitient

easy going.

must have a nice face.

Must not be allergic to anything so our kids have a shot at a decent life. :P

I guess it is too much to expect the other to be a communist, since they are pretty much non-existent in the world today. Though, there was this one girl who said "the spirit of Mao lives in my heart," and my heart definitely went pitter-patter in response.

Oh! Oh! I know this one!

:P

He's taken. :\

We should clone him, I'd like one too.

Now that's something worth pouring research money into.

In all seriousness, I feel like a list of qualities to aim for as a future spouse or look for in a future spouse would be the fruit of the spirit. Loving, joyful, peaceful, patience, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and full or self control.

Now that's something worth pouring research money into.

In all seriousness, I feel like a list of qualities to aim for as a future spouse or look for in a future spouse would be the fruit of the spirit. Loving, joyful, peaceful, patience, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and full or self control.

Exactly! I concur.  :)

If josh and Katy got married Katy would end up hitting someone in a car and Josh would take the fall for her, but ultimately end up getting shot in his swimming pool. It will be "great" hahaha

I see what you did there, and it was shameful. Deeply shameful. If this were feudal Japan, I would have three units of samurai commit simultaneous seppuku to make up for this joke.

Everyone knows that stuff happens before marriage.

(Luv u <3)

Edited by Yves

If josh and Katy got married Katy would end up hitting someone in a car and Josh would take the fall for her, but ultimately end up getting shot in his swimming pool. It will be "great" hahaha

Of all the potential Gatsby jokes, that is what you went for.

I am disappoint.

*GLARE*

Abibabe, I was kidding, hence the :P,  you *know* you's my favorite. :hug: Who else would I joust with over cans of tuna and cry with over Seahawks losing the superbowl and who else on this planet would I run around being a crazed cat woman with?

No one but you, m'dear.

Crosses and Swiftie? I ship it.

Edited by Boogles