Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

PrayLoveEat

Qualities you'd like in a future spouse/life partner

61 posts in this topic

Abibabe, I was kidding, hence the :P,  you *know* you's my favorite. :hug: Who else would I joust with over cans of tuna and cry with over Seahawks losing the superbowl and who else on this planet would I run around being a crazed cat woman with?

No one but you, m'dear.

Crosses and Swiftie? I ship it.

I ship it so hard, I was gonna make another Gatsby joke but I quit while I was ahead

Grrrrrl (and guys too), I used to be so picky about little things, but now I made a FRAMEWORK by which to measure someone. It's all Biblical. Beyond this I have preferences...but those things can change! Here are my rock solid non-negotiables. Your girl or guy who has these 7 are WORTH GOING AFTER!

Mine would have to be:

-Can communicate well, and often.

-Doesn't expect the man to do everything in the relationship (meaning first moves, start conversations, etc). I don't mind making them, it's just that it gets draining having to do it *all* the time.

-Has a strong character, and doesn't change easily for others

-Along with the second, she can defend herself (mentally, emotionally) if necessary

-Confidence of herself and morals

-Slow to anger, and doesn't take her day's angers out on me when she gets home

-Respectful of everyone

-Not a gossip

- Sense of humor

- Compassion

- Love of music

- Unwavering faith in Jesus

- Must love to smile

- Must be okay with a cat being in the picture

- Be able to put up with my puns

- Respectful

- Knows what she wants to do with her life

- Star Wars or nothing

- Sense of humor

- Compassion

- Love of music

- Unwavering faith in Jesus

- Must love to smile

- Must be okay with a cat being in the picture

- Be able to put up with my puns

- Respectful

- Knows what she wants to do with her life

- Star Wars or nothing

Allergic to cats and Star Trek > Star Wars...

looks like I better get to christian mingle. :P

Mine haven't really change since I first posted.

Though, I will say, preferably NOT someone who has a dangerous occupation. I love a man in uniform but the possible early death factor is a turn off.

Though, I will say, preferably NOT someone who has a dangerous occupation. I love a man in uniform but the possible early death factor is a turn off.

I honestly wouldn't mind marrying a man who is in the navy, army, or such. Even though he volunteered to put his life on the line, I would still trust that God would protect him. 

Mine would have to be:

-Can communicate well, and often.

-Doesn't expect the man to do everything in the relationship (meaning first moves, start conversations, etc). I don't mind making them, it's just that it gets draining having to do it *all* the time.

-Has a strong character, and doesn't change easily for others

-Along with the second, she can defend herself (mentally, emotionally) if necessary

-Confidence of herself and morals

-Slow to anger, and doesn't take her day's angers out on me when she gets home

-Respectful of everyone

-Not a gossip

I apply to all of those except being slow to anger. XD

I think I have a habit of choosing future soldiers (or in one case, an actual Marine). Dangerous jobs attract me? That's a bad quality to have, I worry. 

Basically what I'm looking for:

Somewhat optimistic (not a super peppy person to the point where they become overly annoying about it, but not a party pooper)

Challenges my opinions and will match my wits

Someone who will listen to whatever I have to say, even if they don't care all that much